Experience the rich history and culture of Greece. Discover the ancient Acropolis of Athens and the atmosphere of the capital's vibrant neighborhoods. Go island-hopping to discover the paradise beaches of Mykonos and the sublime sunsets of Santorini, the most sought-after Greek islands.
Ready to dive into the wonders of one of the greatest civilisations of all time and walk in the footsteps of the greats, from Socrates to Aristotle? Head to your departure airport, ready for a flight to Athens *, the Greek capital. Touch down in Athens and transfer to the hotel, in the heart of the city where you can soak up the hustle and bustle of the mega-metropolis. Enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the vibrant Athenian neighbourhoods and sampling delicious Greek cuisine. Overnight stay in Athens.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day getting to know Athens at your leisure. For a deeper dive into the sights and history of the capital, we recommend an optional guided Athens city tour which includes entrance to the legendary Acropolis and the fascinating Acropolis Museum.* Be sure to soak up the lively atmosphere of the city come nightfall and dine on delicious Greek cuisine. Alternatively, spend the afternoon on an optional excursion to Cape Sounion.** Overnight stay in Athens.
* Optional Athens Guided Sightseeing & Acropolis Tour: Begin the tour with an eye-opening visit to the Acropolis Museum, home to the most impressive treasures unearthed from the Acropolis and ancient Athens. Be awe-struck by the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium, carved from marble and famous as the site of the first modern Olympics in 1896. Continue to the Constitution Square and the Parliament building, guarded by Evzones. Pass by the Presidential Residence and finish with the incredible Acropolis and Hadrian's Arch. Entrance fee must be paid at the destination (approx. 30 euros per person).
Please note: At the Athens Acropolis, the terrain is quite uneven underfoot and includes a number of stairs. It may not be suitable for those with reduced mobility.
** Optional Excursion to Cape Sounion: Set off for Cape Sounion to see the amazing Temple of Poseidon, the ruins of which date back to the Golden Age of Athens. Overlooking the sea, the silhouette of this ancient temple is one of the most picturesque sights in Greece. Entrance fee to be paid at the destination (approx. 10 euros per person).
Enjoy breakfast*, before setting off for Piraeus Port to catch a ferry to Mykonos. Journey across the Aegean Sea to the Cyclades Island group before finally arriving in Mykonos. One of the most popular Greek islands, Mykonos combines picture-perfect beaches, charming towns and vibrant nightlife. A hedonistic paradise, Mykonos is instantly recognisable by its windmills and renowned for its unforgettable sunsets. Transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure. Overnight stay in Mykonos.
* Please note: You may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast this morning due to the early departure time of the ferry to Mykonos.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend a laid-back day at your leisure in stylish Mykonos. Explore the cobbled streets of Mykonos Town, watch the boats come and go from Little Venice or simply lounge on one of the island's idyllic beaches. Alternatively, we recommend an optional excursion to Delos Island.* However you spend your day, the island is sure to captivate you with its natural beauty and charming local culture. Overnight stay in Mykonos.
* Optional Delos Island Excursion: From Mykonos Town, catch a short ferry to Delos Island. Delos is filled with enchanting archaeological sites and the island is believed to have been the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, two of the most revered Greek gods. Entrance fee to be paid at the destination (approx. 12 euros per person).
Please note: On Delos Island, the terrain is quite uneven underfoot and includes steep paths. This optional excursion may not be suitable for those with reduced mobility.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure on Mykonos. The island is well-known for its beautiful beaches. We recommend visiting the beaches of Agios Ioannis, one of the most spectacular beaches on the island or Elia Beach, home to the longest stretch of sand on the island. Overnight stay in Mykonos.
Enjoy your breakfast, before setting off to Mykonos Port to catch a ferry to Santorini. One of Greece's most loved islands, Santorini is known for its blue-roofed houses and soul-stirring sunsets. Arrive in Santorini and transfer to the hotel. The evening is at your leisure to explore the town and dine in style as you watch the sun slowly set over the Aegean Sea. Overnight stay in Santorini.
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at your own leisure on the splendid island of Santorini. Crescent-shaped Santorini, a precious gem of the Aegean, is actually a group of islands consisting of Thíra, Thirassiá, Asproníssi, Palea and Nea Kaméni in the southernmost part of Cyclades. Known for its pretty white and blue houses, paradises beaches and lively nightlife, Santorini is the perfect place for a laid-back escape. We recommend an optional island tour to discover the island's captivating sights.* Overnight stay in Santorini.
* Optional Santorini Island Tour: Discover the sights and flavours of Santorini! Head to the highest point on the island to take in the spectacular views and snap some photos before exploring the ancient city of Akrotiri. After some free time, continue to a local winery to enjoy a tasting session of three different wine varieties. End the tour with free time in either Oia or Fira, both famous for their charming architecture. Entrance fee to be paid at the destination (approx. 12 euros per person).
Breakfast at the hotel.* After an unforgettable journey through Greece's ancient sites and idyllic islands, it's time to bring your trip to a close. At the indicated time, transfer to Santorini airport for a flight back to the UK/Ireland. Arrive in the UK/Ireland and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
8 days trip including flights*
8 days and 7 nights in destination
LON - ATH
JTR - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Acropolis Hill, Airotel Alexandros, Airotel Parthenon, Airotel Stratos Vassilikos, Arion Athens, Athens Tiare Hotel, Golden Age, K29, Polis Grand, Wyndham Grand Athens.
Drinks, entrance fees,* city taxes and tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Please consult the itinerary for details of the entrance fee costs.
A number of Greek cities impose an accommodation tax, which must be paid directly to the hotel (Aprox. 3-4€ per room per night).
* In case of adverse conditions, there may be changes to the ferry timings.
Please keep in mind that the ferry ride from Piraeus (Athens) to Mykonos takes approximately 7 hours, and from Mykonos to Santorini takes approximately 4 hours.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.