Finland in 8 Days
Magical Lapland Retreat
A magical 7-night escape to Finland, explore Helsinki before experiencing the immaculate beauty of the Arctic Circle in Rovaniemi, the home of Santa Claus!
Discover the winter wonderland of Lapland, in the heart of the Arctic Circle! Explore the cosmopolitan capital of Helsinki, on the Baltic Sea, before heading to Rovaniemi, in the depths of Finnish Lapland. Discover pristine snow-covered landscapes and, if you're lucky, spot the legendary Northern Lights! Visit Santa Claus Village and experience the magic of Lapland.
8 days trip including flights*
8 days and 7 nights in destination
LON - HEL
Helsinki - Rovaniemi
RVN - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
It's time to discover the winter wonderland of Finnish Lapland! Arrive at your departure airport to catch a flight to Helsinki. Touch down in Helsinki, the capital of Finland, located on the coast of the Baltic Sea. Self-Transfer* to your hotel and spend the remainder of the day exploring this cosmopolitan city at your leisure. Helsinki is famed for its innovative design, eco-friendly initiatives and impressive historic monuments. Perhaps visit one of the city's public saunas, a popular pastime for Finnish locals! Overnight stay in Helsinki.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, meet your local guide as you set off on a half-day orientation tour of Helsinki. Learn about the city's fascinating history and see both the modern and old sides of the city. Highlights include Temppeliaukio Church, carved directly into solid rock and renowned for its amazing acoustics, Helsinki Cathedral and charming Market Square, which holds a daily market and is the best place to visit for a taste of local life. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure. Overnight stay in Helsinki.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the morning at your leisure. Check-out of the hotel by midday and spend some time exploring Helsinki at your own pace (luggage can be stored at the hotel). In the evening, self-transfer from the hotel to the train station to catch an overnight train to Rovaniemi. This train is known as the 'Santa Claus Express'! Get settled in your private cabin for the 12-hour journey as you travel north toward the Arctic Circle! Overnight on board.
On arrival to Rovaniemi transfer to your hotel in the heart of the Arctic Circle, surrounded by beautiful landscapes of snowy forests and starry skies. Get settled into your Cabin and begin to relax and get in touch with the immaculate nature of these remote surroundings! Spend the day at your leisure discovering the delights of Finnish Lapland, the home of Santa Claus! Discover the charms of nearby Rovaniemi city or explore the amazing wintery landscapes at your own pace. Overnight stay in Rovaniemi.
Breakfast at the lodge. Spend the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure. Soak up the immaculate landscapes of this incredible region or get to know life in the Arctic Circle in Rovaniemi city. Overnight stay in Rovaniemi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, take a shared transfer to Santa Claus Village and take some time to explore this magical place at your leisure. You can visit Santa himself, go shopping or send a postcard from Santa Claus Post Office! After an enchanting morning, return to the lodge and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Rovaniemi.
Breakfast at the lodge. Spend your final day in Finland at your leisure! Perhaps explore the untouched surroundings on a snowmobile ride or learn more about the fascinating nature of this remote region at the Arktikum museum in Rovaniemi. Overnight stay in Rovaniemi.
After breakfast at the hotel, say goodbye to this magical country.* Transfer to the airport for your return flight back to UK/Ireland. Arrive in UK/Ireland and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Original Sokos Hotel Albert, Scandic Paasi.
Included activity for day 2 in Helsinki
Duration 03:00h Approx.
Half-Day Helsinki City Tour
Learn about the city's fascinating history and see both the modern and old sides of the city. Highlights include Temppeliaukio Church, carved directly into solid rock and charming Market Square.
What's included: Private guide and transfer for the city tour Not included: Entrance fees, meals, snacks, drinks or any other service not mentioned
Included activity for day 6 in Lapland - Rovaniemi
Duration 04:00h Approx.
Santa Claus Village Visit
Transfer to Santa Claus Village and explore this magical place at your leisure. You can visit Santa himself, go shopping or send a postcard from Santa Claus Post Office!
What's included: Round trip Shuttle bus A C Wilderness Resort - Santa Claus Village. Approximately 4hours at leisure at the Village Not included: Guide, entrance fees or any other service not mentioned in "what`s included"
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main UK/Ireland airports.
- International flights: UK/Ireland - Helsinki / Rovaniemi - UK/Ireland.
- Overnight 'Santa Claus Express' Train: Helsinki - Rovaniemi in a private cabin.
- 6 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 6 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- City sightseeing tour of Helsinki and visit to Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi.
- ATOL Protection.
- English-speaking guide in Helsinki city tour.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included. The overnight train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi does not include breakfast.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country.
- LanguageFinnish and Swedish
- Electricity220 V. Adapter not required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from EU countries.
- Time zoneUTC + 02:00.
- Other useful informationFinland is a country of interesting contrasts like the four seasons, the midnight sun and the winter darkness, the urban and the rural, the east and the west...
- Tourist Office websitewww.visitfinland.com
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.