Land in Rome and admire one of the most romantic cities in the world, filled with cultural delights, such as the Colosseum and Vatican City. Next, head to the idyllic region of Tuscany where the historic spa town of Montecatini Terme is sure to enchant you. Discover the Renaissance heritage of Florence and immerse yourself in the 'Dolce Vita'.
Pack your bags and head to your departure airport, ready for a flight to the eternal city of Rome. Arrive in Rome, the Italian capital, and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, the remainder of the day is free to begin exploring this romantic, historic city. The evening is the most magical time of day in Rome when the streets take on an even more charming character. Overnight stay in Rome.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a guided visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, three of the main archaeological sites of the Eternal City. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiatorial fights in the Colosseum, and appreciate the preserved corners of ancient Rome in the Forum and the Palatine Hill. We recommend the optional Guided Walking Tour through the best of Rome*. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the historic streets of Rome and dine on delicious Italian cuisine! Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Best of Rome Guided Walking Tour: Discover one of Rome's most typical squares, Piazza di Spagna, and its famous Spanish Steps. Continue experiencing this eternal city by visiting the iconic Trevi Fountain, a 17th-century masterpiece in which throwing a coin is supposed to assure your return to Rome. End the tour by stopping at the Pantheon, one of the best-preserved monuments of Roman antiquity. Please note: On Saturdays the Pantheon is CLOSED.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a day at your leisure in Rome. Perhaps visit the Vatican, trace the footsteps of the greats in the ancient streets of the old city or simply indulge in some delicious Italian ice-cream. However you choose to spend your day, Rome is sure to delight you with its old-world charm and unbeatable sights. We suggest taking the optional Guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel*. Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Skip-the-line guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel: In the Vatican Museums, admire the works of art in the Patio della Pigna and the Gallery of Candelabra, among others. Next, visit the inimitable Sistine Chapel to discover the incredible and well-known work of art by Michelangelo. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Sundays.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, make your own way to the train station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Montecatini Terme. On arrival, transfer to the hotel, in the heart of Tuscany and close to the Tuscan capital of Florence. Surrounded by enchanting landscapes, Montecatini Terme is known for its glorious art nouveau architecture and artistic heritage. Spend the remainder of the day exploring at your leisure. Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day soaking up the charms of Montecatini Terme and the Tuscan countryside at your leisure. Indulge in the thermal waters at a local spa or ride the funicular to discover the medieval city of Montecatini Alto. Alternatively, take an optional excursion to the world-famous Uffizi Gallery in Florence.* Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
* Optional Uffizi Gallery Excursion: Visit the oldest art gallery in the world! Immerse yourself in Florence’s artistic heritage and history at the Uffizi Gallery. Enjoy a guided tour through the huge rooms and bright hallways and admire masterpieces such as Botticelli’s Birth of Venus. Return train tickets (Montecatini Terme - Florence) included. Note: This optional tour is only availably on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Breakfast at the hotel. Take a day to enjoy the cultural and culinary delights of Tuscany at your leisure. Alternatively, we recommend an optional excursion to Florence to discover its world-famous Cathedral on an extra-special guided tour.* Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
* Optional Florence Cathedral Secret Terrace & Brunelleschi Dome Excursion: Take the train to Florence to enjoy an exclusive guided tour of the world-famous Cathedral, home to beautiful frescoes and amazing architecture. Enjoy special access to the North Terrace for panoramic views of the city and climb to the top of the cupola to see the Last Judgement frescoes up-close. Return train tickets (Montecatini Terme - Florence), exclusive access to the central nave and north terrace and skip the line entrance included. Note: This optional tour is only availably on Wednesday from July 2021 to March 2022 and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday from April 2022 to October 2022.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off early to catch a train to Florence for a guided walking tour to discover the hidden secrets of the Tuscan capital. Start discovering Piazza Repubblica, one of the fanciest of the city, before heading to Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, a building where a local market takes place. Keep exploring the streets of Florence before arriving at the beautiful and well-known Ponte Vecchio, the most iconic bridge in the city and one of its main symbols. You will then walk through the Piazza della Signoria, the heart of Medieval Florence with the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. End the tour admiring Piazza San Giovanni, home to the impressive Florence Cathedral, with its iconic Brunelleschi cupola and the famous Giotto Belltower. Enjoy some free time to soak up the atmosphere of the city before returning by train to Montecatini Terme. Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy an authentic Tuscan experience today, as you head to a local farmhouse for a guided visit. Set in the unbeatable landscape of the Italian countryside, soak up the views and rustic charms of rural Tuscany. After exploring the farmhouse, it's time to enjoy some wine tasting and a light lunch with homemade dishes and local produce. Afterwards, return to Montecatini Terme and enjoy the evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
Breakfast at the hotel. A day at your leisure to soak up the Tuscan charms of this famous Italian region. There's much to see in Montecatini itself, such as its art nouveau Parco della Terme spa complex, where you can take a relaxing dip in the natural thermal waters. Culture lovers should head to the Montecatini Contemporary Art Museum. Alternatively, take an optional excursion to Pisa to see its famous leaning tower!* Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
* Optional Pisa Excursion: Embark on a guided tour of Pisa, starting at the famous Square of Miracles, home to the Baptistery, the Cathedral and, of course, the Leaning Tower. Visit the interior of Pisa Cathedral and take some time to capture your own iconic photo of the wobbly tower or go shopping. Return coach transfers included. Notes: Leaning Tower entrance not included. This optional tour is only availably on Saturdays from July 2021 to October 2021, on Wednesday and Saturday from November 2021 to March 2022 and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from April 2022 to October 2022.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day exploring the Tuscan countryside at your leisure. Alternatively, why not take an optional excursion to ancient Lucca* or the charming coastal villages of Cinque Terre?** Overnight stay in Montecatini Terme.
* Optional Lucca Excursion: Take a scheduled bus to the historic city of Lucca to enjoy a guided walking tour. Discover its pedestrianised historic center to see Piazza Napoleone, Chiesa di San Michele in Foro, Piazza Anfiteatro and Guinigi Tower. End the tour in Duomo Square with the option to visit Cathedral San Martino (€3 supplement): Note: This optional tour is only availably on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from July 2021 to October 2021, only availably on weekends from November 2021 to March 2022 and availably again on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from April 2022 to October 2022.
** Optional Cinque Terre Excursion: Set off on a full-day excursion to the charming coastal villages of the Cinque Terre region. Visit Manarola to see its tiny hillside houses and take a train to Vernazza, a colorful fishing village. Relax by the harbour before continuing to Monterosso, known as the 'Pearl of Cinque Tere', with its enchanting beaches. Free time to take a dip in the crystal-clear waters before taking a boat to Riomaggiore, a wonderful seaside town. Note: This optional tour is only availably on Wednesdays and Sundays from July 2021 to October 2021, NOT available from November 2021 to March 2022 and re-opens on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from April 2022 to October 2022.
You can choose only one of the two optional excursions available on this day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Bid farewell to beautiful Tuscany as you transfer to the train station to catch a train back to Rome. Arrive, self-transfer to the hotel, and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. Soak up the atmosphere of the city's piazzas or indulge in your favourite Italian dishes one last time! Overnight stay in Rome.
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for your return flight back to the UK/Ireland. Arrive in the UK/Ireland and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
12 days trip including flights*
12 days and 11 nights in destination
LON - FCO
FCO - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Tax*, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Accommodation tax in Italy must be paid directly to the hotel (Approx. 6 € per room per night).
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 30 September 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.