Travel to Italy and immerse yourself in its history, culture and gastronomy. Land in Rome and admire one of the most romantic cities in the world, filled with cultural delights, such as the Colosseum, before heading to Florence to discover its hidden treasures and Renaissance heritage. Finally, explore Venice, known for its waterways and canals, built across 100 small islands.
Pack your bags and head to your departure airport, ready for a flight* to the eternal city of Rome. Arrive in Rome, the Italian capital, and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, the remainder of the day is free to begin exploring this romantic, historic city. The evening is the most magical time of day in Rome when the streets take on an even more charming character. Overnight stay in Rome.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a Guided Visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, three of the main archaeological sites of the Eternal City. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiatorial fights in the Colosseum, and appreciate the preserved corners of ancient Rome in the Forum and the Palatine Hill. We recommend the optional Guided Walking Tour through the best of Rome*. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the historic streets of Rome and dine on delicious Italian cuisine! Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Guided Walking Tour through the best of Rome: Discover one of Rome's most typical squares, Piazza di Spagna, and its famous Spanish Steps. Continue experiencing this eternal city by visiting the iconic Trevi Fountain, a 17th-century masterpiece in which throwing a coin is supposed to assure your return to Rome. End the tour by stopping at the Pantheon, one of the best-preserved monuments of Roman antiquity. Please note: On Saturdays the Pantheon is CLOSED.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a day at your leisure in Rome. Perhaps visit the Vatican, trace the footsteps of the greats in the ancient streets of the old city or simply indulge in some delicious Italian ice-cream. However you choose to spend your day, Rome is sure to delight you with its old-world charm and unbeatable sights. We suggest taking the optional Guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel*. Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Skip-the-line guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel: In the Vatican Museums, admire the works of art in the Patio della Pigna and the Gallery of Candelabra, among others. Next, visit the inimitable Sistine Chapel to discover the incredible and well-known work of art by Michelangelo. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Sundays.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, make your own way to the train station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Florence. Arrive in Florence, the heart of the Italian Renaissance, and self-transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore the city and keep enjoying the Italian cuisine in this gourmet paradise. Overnight stay in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today head to the Historic Centre of Florence for a guided walking tour of Florence and discover the hidden secrets of the Tuscan capital. Start discovering Piazza Repubblica, one of the fanciest of the city, before heading to Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, a building where a local market takes place. Keep exploring the streets of Florence before arriving at the beautiful and well-known Ponte Vecchio, the most iconic bridge in the city and one of its main symbols. You will then walk through the Piazza della Signoria, the heart of Medieval Florence with the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. End the tour admiring Piazza San Giovanni, home to the impressive Florence Cathedral, with its iconic Brunelleschi cupola and the famous Giotto Belltower. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue exploring the captivating sights of Florence. Overnight stay in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day at your leisure to enjoy your last day in the city. Florence's historical centre is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so why not take a stroll on your own to discover its hidden treasures. We recommend the optional Full-Day Excursion to Pisa, Siena & Gimignano to discover more of the Tuscany region.* Overnight stay in Florence.
* Optional Full-Day Excursion to Pisa, Siena & Gimignano with lunch in a cellar: Discover the main Tuscan cities in this full-day tour and learn more about this region of magnificent views. Travel to Siena to walk through its charming streets and Medieval squares before arriving at the spectacular cathedral. After a short bus ride, arrive at a cellar in the heart of the Tuscan countryside to enjoy a delicious lunch, served with some typical wines. Continue your journey to San Gimignano, a small town that remained intact over the centuries on the top of a hill, to finally arrive in Pisa. Take a short walk until arriving at the Square of Miracles, where you find the worldwide known Leaning Tower of Pisa, one of the most remarkable architectural structures from Medieval Europe. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from November to March, both inclusive.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, self-transfer to the station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Venice (Mestre Station). Arrive in the romantic city of Venice, make your own way to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Built across more than 100 small islands, Venice is a pleasure to explore on foot as you get lost in the labyrinthine streets, stumbling across hidden cafes and cultural gems along the way. Get out and discover the plentiful delights on this eternal city, such as the immense Piazza San Marco, and perhaps enjoy a peaceful gondola ride through the atmospheric canals. Overnight stay in Venice.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, make the most of a guided walking tour through Venice to learn about its history and culture and the greatest artists of the city. Start the tour with a tranquil walk through Cannaregio, one of the most characteristic neighbourhoods of Venice, and cross the iconic Rialto Bridge. Finally, head to Campo San Bartolomeo to see the Basilica of Santi Giovanni e Paolo and end up your experience in Piazza San Marco. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue discovering this unique city. Overnight stay in Venice.
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer by car from Venice Mestre to the airport for your return flight back to the UK/Ireland. Arrive in the UK/Ireland and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
9 days trip including flights*
9 days and 8 nights in destination
LON - FCO
VCE - LON
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Tax*, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Accommodation tax in Italy must be paid directly to the hotel (Approx. 6 € per room per night).
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 30 June 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.