Savannah, Safari & Maasai Mara
Kenya in 9 Days • 7 Nights in Destination
A show-stopping safari through Kenya's most emblematic and wildlife-rich national parks, including Aberdare, Lake Naivasha and the eternal Maasai Mara!
Experience an incredible safari adventure as you explore the most captivating landscapes in Kenya! From Nairobi, venture through the plains of Amboseli, famed for its elephant herds, and discover the Central Highlands in Aberdares. Soak up the views of the Great Rift Valley from the shores of Lake Naivasha before spotting the Big 5 in the legendary Maasai Mara!
9 days trip including flights*
8 days and 7 nights in destination
LON - NBO
LON - NBO
Amboseli National Park
Aberdare National Park
NBO - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your UK/Ireland departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Nairobi.* Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive, meet your guide at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Nairobi. Kenya's capital and largest city, Nairobi is nicknamed the 'Green City in the Sun' and is a vibrant place where you can really get to grips with Kenya's diverse culture. This cosmopolitan capital is a great place to sample the delights of Kenyan cuisine or to hit the local bars or cafes to soak up the atmosphere of the place. Spend the remainder of the day relaxing or exploring at your leisure, ready to set off on your safari adventure in the morning. Overnight stay in Nairobi.
Early breakfast at the hotel before heading southwards out of the city as you watch the landscape slowly change from urban metropolis to vast wilderness. Catch sight of distant Mount Kilimanjaro as you journey for around 4-hours through typical African savannah and past local homesteads and Maasai communities. Arrive at the lodge in Amboseli in time for lunch. Get settled before embarking on your first game viewing drive of the trip! Amboseli National Park is famed for its large herds of elephants and its dramatic backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro. Experience captivating landscapes and get up close to incredible wildlife before returning to the lodge. Spend the evening relaxing at your leisure. Dinner and overnight stay in Amboseli.
Start the day early with breakfast at the lodge before packing up your luggage and departing for a sunrise game drive through Amboseli National Park. Afterwards, continue towards the Central Highlands and enjoy the rural scenery along the approx. 6.5-hour journey. On-route to your lodge in Aberdare, stop for lunch at Sagana Getaway Resort. Arrive at your lodge, check-in and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure, soaking up the captivating landscapes or enjoying the activities on offer at the lodge such as nature walks, horseback riding or mountain biking (to be arranged at the lodge). Alternatively, why not opt for an afternoon of wildlife-spotting with an optional Game Drive at Solio Ranch?*. Overnight stay in Aberdare.
* Optional Game Drive at Solio Ranch: Discover the wildlife of the Central Highlands area with a game drive through Solio Ranch. Founded in the 1970s it is an important conservation area for the protection of both white and black rhinos.
Breakfast at the lodge. Depart for the papyrus-fringed shores of breathtaking Lake Naivasha today, stopping along the route to visit beautiful Thompson Falls in Nharururu. Continue the 5.5-hour journey as you descend into the dramatic landscapes of the Great Rift Valley before arriving at the lodge at Lake Naivasha in time for lunch. Enjoy the remainder of the day enjoying some time at your leisure to relax, take an optional game drive at Lake Nakuru in the afternoon.* Dinner and overnight stay at Lake Naivasha.
* Optional Game Drive at Lake Nakuru: Take your lunch with you as you head out on an afternoon game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park with a picnic. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this soda lake is known for its large populations of flamingos and rhinos.
Awake to the sounds of nature and enjoy breakfast at the lodge. Afterwards, depart for the world-famous Maasai Mara National Reserve, journeying along the floor of the Great Rift Valley and passing through the charming towns of Mai Mahiu and Narok, the latter of which is the Maasai capital. Arrive at the lodge/camp in time for lunch and soak up the breathtaking views of the surrounding savannah. In the mid-afternoon, head off on a game drive in the Maasai Mara National Reserve, considered the world’s finest game viewing area! Keep your eyes peeled for the legendary Big Five: lions, rhinos, buffalos, elephants and leopards as you venture through the wild landscapes and watch in awe as the dramas of everyday life in the animal kingdom unfold before you! Head back to the lodge at sunset for dinner. Overnight stay in the Maasai Mara.
Breakfast at the lodge. Embark on an unforgettable day of wildlife-spotting as you set off on a full-day game-viewing drive with a packed lunch on the go. This extra time will allow you to greater explore the vast reserve and discover the spectacular and diverse landscapes of the Maasai Mara. Tick the Big Five off your list as you enjoy some of the best game-viewing on earth and enjoy an authentic Kenyan safari experience! As this magical day draws to a close, return to the lodge and unwind at dinner as you retell the stories of today’s adventures! Overnight stay in the Maasai Mara.
Awake early for breakfast and enjoy your last moments in the Kenyan wilderness at your leisure or set off on an optional Hot Air Balloon Safari, a morning game drive or a visit to a local Maasai Village.* At mid-morning it’s time to head back to Nairobi, arriving back in the capital in the afternoon. Get settled in at the hotel, ready to spend your final evening in Kenya at your leisure, perhaps shopping for souvenirs or indulging in the local cuisine in Nairobi’s many eateries. Overnight stay in Nairobi.
* Optional Hot Air Balloon Safari: Experience the majesty of the Maasai Mara from the sky on a once-in-a-lifetime hot air balloon safari. Ascend at dawn and experience the most unforgettable sunrise imaginable as the savannah and its wildlife spring to life in the soft morning light.
* Optional Morning Game Drive in the Maasai Mara: Watch in awe as the savannah comes to life on this morning game drive. The wildlife of the Maasai Mara are particularly active during the morning so this is a great opportunity for spotting animals!
* Optional Maasai Village visit: Discover the local culture with a visit to a Maasai Village. The Maasai people are known for their brilliant artisan crafts and colourful clothing.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the use of your room until 10:00 a.m. before checking out and transferring to the airport at the indicated time (usually 3/4 hours before your departure flight) for your flight back to the UK/Ireland. Night on board.
Accommodation: 7 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Game viewing drive in Amboseli National Park
Embark on a game drive in Amboseli National Park, known for its large herds of elephants, rich biodiversity and stunning backdrop of snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro.
Brief stop at Thompson Falls in Nyahururu
En route to Lake Naivasha, make a brief stop at Thompson Falls in Nyahururu. Admire this beautiful 74m high waterfall, located on the Ewaso Ng'iro River.
Afternoon game viewing drive in the Maasai Mara National Reserve
Head out for your first game viewing drive in the spectacular Maasai Mara Reserve for a taste of the captivating landscapes and wildlife of this world-famous reserve.
Full-Day Game Viewing in the Maasai Mara National Reserve
Choose either a full-day game viewing drive in the Maasai Mara National Reserve or a combination of morning and evening game viewing drives to observe the largest concentration of wildlife in the world.
Afternoon Game Drive at Solio Ranch
Discover the wildlife of the Central Highlands area with a game drive through Solio Ranch. Founded in the 1970s it is an important conservation area for the protection of both white and black rhinos.
Afternoon Game Drive at Nakuru National Park
Take your lunch with you as you head out on an afternoon game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park with a picnic. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this soda lake is known for its large population of flamingos and rhinos.
Visit to a local Maasai village
Make the most of your last moments in the Maasai Mara and discover the local culture with a visit to an authentic Maasai Village. The Maasai people are known for their brilliant artisan crafts and colourful clothing.
Morning Game Drive in Maasai Mara
Enjoy your last moments in the Maasai Mara with a morning game drive. Watch in awe as the savannah comes to life! The wildlife of the Maasai Mara is particularly active during the morning so this is a great opportunity for animal spotting!
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main UK/Ireland airports.
- International flights UK/Ireland - Nairobi - UK/Ireland.
- 7 nights in Charm, Superior and Luxury accommodation.See hotels included
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners.
- Transfers and Safaris with an English-speaking guide.
- Game drives and park entry fees.*more informationSee itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- ATOL Protection.
- English-speaking guide during the whole trip.
- Transportation & Safaris in a Mini-van.**more information
*The cancellation policy applicable is according to the Terms and Conditions available and agreed at the time of your purchase
Visa (required)*, vaccines,** drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* This must be printed to present on arrival in Kenya. You can apply at http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html
** Vaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended. Carry your international immunization card.
Roads in Kenya can be quite bumpy and are not in great condition, particularly those found in the country’s national parks. People who suffer with back problems should consider this before participating in a trip of this nature.
Passengers should bring only soft side bags on safaris.
During your stay at Aberdares National Park, warm clothes will be required as the nights can be particularly cold in this region of Kenya.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity and at least one blank page.
- VisaA visa is required. This must be printed to present on arrival in Kenya. You can apply at http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html.
- CurrencyKenyan Shilling.
- LanguageSwahili and English.
- Electricity240 V. An adapter is not required - UK type plugs.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneGMT + 03:00.
- Other useful informationIn Kenya, they drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.magicalkenya.com
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Children: 3 - 11 Years.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +44 20 8068 3176 or via our contact form.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveller at a time
AWESOME! Far exceeded my expectations!!