India in 16 Days
Palaces of Rajasthan & Ganges of Varanasi
An incredible journey through the desert province of Rajasthan and its most legendary cities combined with a stay in Varanasi, the spiritual capital of India on the sacred River Ganges.
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
Experience the land of a thousand colors, starting with multicultural Delhi. Discover the historic cities of Mandawa and Bikaner. Explore the rose pink city of Jaipur and admire the romantic Taj Mahal in Agra, a wonder of the world. In Rajasthan, the golden city of Jaisalmer and Jodhpur await you before soaking up the spiritual ambience of sacred Varanasi on the banks of the River Ganges.
16 days trip including flights*
15 days and 14 nights in destination
LON - DEL
LON - DEL
DEL - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your UK / Ireland departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight * to Delhi. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in India’s capital and transfer to the hotel. Delhi is a city with a wonderful architectural legacy from its Islamic conquerors together with its spectacular historic city centre. The rest of the day free to start to get to know this fascinating city. Overnight stay in Delhi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road to Mandawa. En-route, pass through authentic villages, and start to enter some of the most rural parts of India. On arrival in Mandawa, enjoy a walking tour through the streets of the city. See the amazing Havelis - mansions noted for their frescoes depicting images of British colonial rule. Overnight stay in Mandawa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road through the arid lands leading to the Bikaner Desert Kingdom - a major centre of trade during the 16th century. In the afternoon visit the spectacular Junagarh Fort, with its impressively decorated interiors. End the day with a memorable Tuk-Tuk ride from the ancient city bazaar. Overnight stay in Bikaner.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enter the Thar Desert by road on your way to the city of Jaisalmer. This was an important trading centre for many centuries and presently one of the few forts that are still inhabited. Transfer to the hotel and the rest of the afternoon is free for more discovery of this city. We recommend to visit the Thar Heritage Museum or the Maharaja's Palace for a taste of kingly splendour. Overnight stay in Jaisalmer.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a tour of the golden city of Jaisalmer. Discover the magical Gadisar Lake and the magnificent Golden Fort. Walk through the narrow streets of the city, to visit the famous palatial houses characteristic of the city such as Nathmal and Patwon. In the afternoon, take an excursion to Sam to see the dunes in the beautiful sunset light. Overnight stay in Jaisalmer.
Breakfast at the hotel. Continue the trip towards Jodhpur, known as The Blue City and enjoy a visit to the impressive Mehrangarh Fort with its bird’s eye view of the old city. Later continue to Jaswant Thada, an imposing marble cenotaph. Overnight stay in Jodhpur.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer by road to Jaipur. Arrive at your hotel and the rest of the day is free to start to get to know the Rose-Pink City of India. We recommend a wander through some of the markets in the area to see the unique handicrafts and jewellery on offer. Overnight stay in Jaipur.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Amber Fort - The Old Capital of Thunder. En-route, take a brief photo stop at Hawa Mahal, The Palace of Winds. Arrive at Amber Fort by Jeep. Once inside, visit the Jag Mandir or the Hall of Victory. In the afternoon, take a city tour, beginning with a visit to the Maharaja’s City Palace. Later, visit The Jantar Mantar, the largest stone and marble crafted observatory in the world. Overnight stay in Jaipur.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off towards Agra, and on the way, visit Fatehpur Sikri, an impressive ghost town, where the tomb of Salim Chisti, the Panch Mahal, is located. Arrive in Agra, capital of sultans and great Mughal emperors. Enjoy an unforgettable tour of the famous and spectacular Taj Mahal - one of The Seven Modern Wonders of the World. Overnight stay in Agra.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, return by road to Delhi and once you have arrived, visit the Raj Ghat, where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated. Afterwards, transfer to the Gateway of India, the residence of the country's president, and visit the impressive Humayun's Tomb, declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1993. Overnight stay in Delhi.
Breakfast at the hotel. The rest of the day free to visit this fascinating city. We recommend an optional excursion to discover Delhi's most iconic temples.* Overnight stay in Delhi.
* Optional Full-Day Delhi Temples Tour: Explore Delhi's most iconic temples. Experience the peace and tranquillity of the Lotus Temple, dedicated to the Baha'i faith and discover the extraordinary architecture of Akshardham Temple, dedicated to 10,000 years of Hindu culture. See the huge Jama Mosque and the downtown Sikh Temple with its golden dome before ending the tour at Lakshmi Narayan Temple, dedicated to the Hindu god, Vishnu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Varanasi. Arrive in Varanasi, a place of immense spiritual significance to Hindu's, and transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon, savour the rare opportunity to witness an Aarti ceremony, a Hindu ritual of light and fire, which takes place on the banks of the Ganges every day at sunset. The air is filled with incense as Hindu priests begin their rituals and devotees place lamps laden with flowers on the illuminated waters of the river. Soak up the atmosphere of this unforgettable experience. Return to the hotel. Overnight stay in Varanasi.
Take an early morning boat excursion on the sacred River Ganges to see the bathing Ghats and the haunting cremation site. Later on, take a walking tour of Old Varanasi before heading back to the hotel for breakfast. In the afternoon, visit Sarnath, about 10 km from the holy city of Varanasi, and the place where it is believed that Buddha chose to deliver his first sermon. Hundreds of pilgrims come here every year and there are numerous Buddhist temples in the area. Visit the nearby Ashoka column, with its four lions, the current symbol of India, the ruins of the stupa Dhamarajika and the citadel of Ashoka. Return to Varanasi and spend the remainder of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Varanasi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight back to Delhi. Arrive, transfer to the airport, and spend the remainder of the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure, absorbing the colours, atmosphere and culture on your final evening in the 'Land of a Thousand Colors.' Overnight stay in Delhi.
Breakfast * at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the UK / Ireland. Arrive in the UK / Ireland and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sahibabad, Zone By The Park Gurugram.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 12 in Delhi
Duration 06:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Full-Day Delhi Temples Tour
Explore Delhi's most iconic temples including the Baha'i Lotus Temple, extraordinary Akshardham Temple, the Jama Mosque and the Sikh Temple in downtown Delhi. End the tour at the majestic Lakshmi Narayan Temple.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main UK/Ireland airports.
- International flights: UK/Ireland - Delhi - UK/Ireland. *more information
- Internal flights: Delhi - Varanasi - Delhi. **more information
- 14 nights hotel accommodation in Charm, Superior and Luxury category hotels.See hotels included
- 14 Breakfasts.
- Transfers with English speaking assistant in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary. ***more informationSee itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Boat excursion on the sacred River Ganges.
- ATOL Protection.
- Tuk-Tuk Ride in Bikaner.
- Jeep Transfer at the Amber Fort in Jaipur.
Indian visa (required), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
If you are travelling to India with a UK passport, you will require an Indian visa. For other passport holders, we recommend that you check with the Indian Embassy for further details: https://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
* Due to the customs clearance rule of the government of India, if your flight calls at another city in India before arriving in Delhi, confirm at the departure desk in the UK / Ireland whether you should pick up your suitcase and pass customs control at the airport where the connection is made. Remember that if the flight stops in Mumbai you will need to pick up your luggage. Keep in mind that normally this whole process takes approximately 60 minutes.
** Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
*** The order of the itinerary can change according to the day of departure of the flight.
Thursday/ Sunday: 2 nights in Delhi at the beginning, 1 night in Delhi at the end.
Monday/ Friday: 1 night in Delhi at the beginning, 2 nights in Delhi at the end.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity and at least two blank pages.
- VisaA visa is required to enter the country. Issued by the embassy or online E-Visa application one month before arrival in the country.
- CurrencyIndian Rupee.
- LanguageHindi and English.
- Electricity220 V in the majority of the country. Electrical sockets are European style however an adapter may be useful.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneGMT + 5:30.
- Other useful informationForeigners cannot bring Indian Rupees into the country, although you can bring foreign currency and exchange it once you arrive.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.incredibleindia.org/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Tips in India are subject to the decision of the client based on the level of satisfaction of the service provided and the experience in general. Taking into account that they are not obligatory, they are usually expected.
Babies: 0 - 1 year (sharing bed with parents). Possibility to request a cot (limited availability).
Children: 2 - 11 years old. Additional bed.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveller at a time
2 weeks in India
My wife and I recently used Exoticca for a 2 week trip to India. Our guides were extraordinary with their knowledge of the subjects at hand, enthusiasm and attention to detail. Exoticca ensured we were seamlessly housed, guided and secure. We highly recommend Exoticca for tour planning.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.