Cambodia & Vietnam in 16 Days
From Angkor Wat to Ha Long Bay
Discover two unforgettable jewels of Southeast Asia. In Cambodia, step back in time at the Angkor Wat Temple Complex in Siem Reap and acknowledge the poignant history of the capital, Phnom Penh. Cross the border into Vietnam, where historic Ho Chi Minh City is full of must-see sights. Fall in love with bustling Hanoi and end your adventure with an overnight cruise on stunning Ha Long Bay.
16 days trip including flights*
15 days and 14 nights in destination
LON - REP
LON - REP
Ho Chi Minh
Ho Chi Minh
Ho Chi Minh
Ha Long Bay
HAN - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at your UK/Ireland departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Siem Reap. Night on board.
Arrive, meet your guide and transfer to your hotel. Take the opportunity to explore this beautiful city and get to know your surroundings. Discover the local cuisine and relax at your hotel. Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today explore the most significant temples in the Angkor Complex. Visit the ancient capital, Angkor Thom and enjoy the unique decorative towers of the Bayon Temple. At Preah Khan Temple, wonder at the 12th-century splendour before you continue to Ta Prohm in the afternoon, home to the enormous iconic fig tree roots that grow through the middle of the temple. Finally arrive at Angkor Wat, the world heritage site and most revered of all the Cambodian temples. It features the longest bas-relief in the world and is the perfect place to watch the sunset over the entire temple complex. Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, soaking up the ambience of Siem Reap, or perhaps exploring the sights at your own pace. We recommend an optional excursion to Phnom Kulen Mountain, a sacred pilgrimage site home to remote temples.* Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
* Optional Half-Day Phnom Kulen Mountain Excursion: Enjoy a 1-hour scenic drive to Phnom Kulen Mountain, considered by Khmers to be the most sacred mountain in Cambodia. Visit a modern pagoda, which offers stunning views over the Angkor area, and be amazed by the eight-meter tall statue of a reclining Buddha. Continue to the River of One Thousand Lingas and the magnificent waterfall nearby, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim. Return to Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, exploring the lively city centre. We recommend enjoying an optional excursion to Tonle Sap Lake and an optional Tuk-Tuk Street Food tour.* Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
* Optional Morning Tonle Sap Lake Excursion: Transfer to Tonle Sap Lake, a huge freshwater body of water, known for it's floating villages. Enjoy a boat ride through the villages, complete with floating farms, schools, gardens and temples. Return to dry land and visit the Old Market of Siem Reap.
* Optional Evening Tuk-Tuk Street Food Tour: Set off in the evening to the local night market and discover the wide array of regional cuisine and snacks. Take a tuk-tuk to a local Cambodia restaurant to enjoy a traditional dinner.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, catch the Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus* headed for the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure to explore this vibrant city, filled with beautiful French colonial architecture and situated at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap Rivers. We recommend an optional city tour to get to know Phnom Penh's most emblematic sights.** Overnight stay in Phnom Penh.
* The Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus ride from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, is 320 km long and will take approximately 6 hours. Alternatively, you can take an optional flight from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh with Cambodia Angkor Air (approximately 1-hour flight time). This can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
* Optional Phnom Penh City Tour: Explore the landmarks of Phnom Penh such as the fascinating Silver Pagoda and the moving Toul Sleng Genocide Museum, for a poignant look at the country's tragic history. End the tour in the colourful Central Market.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a poignant excursion to The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, for a moving insight into the bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge. Realise the horror and tragedy of this period in Cambodian history at the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and visit the notorious Killing Fields. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Phnom Penh.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, cross the border between Cambodia and Vietnam on the Mekong Express/Giant Ibis bus* headed for Ho Chi Minh City, still known as Saigon to many of the locals. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free to explore the city and its famous night market, perfect for picking up some authentic souvenirs. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh.
* The Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus ride from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City is 280 km long and will take approximately 6.5 hours. Alternatively, you can take an optional flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City with Cambodia Angkor Air (approximately 1-hour flight time). This can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Embark on a Full-Day Tour to soak up the rich tapestry of history and culture in Ho Chi Minh City. Visits Dong Khoi Street, home to many of the city's most important sites from the French colonial period, when the city became known as the 'Paris of the Orient'. Appreciate the restored Opera House, based on the Petit Palace in Paris and visit the Grand Hotel de Ville, now formally re-branded as the People's Committee Hall. Be amazed by the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the impressive Central Post Office, designed by the architect Gustav Eiffel. In District 5 visit China Town and the iconic Thien Hau Temple, built in honour of the goddess of the sea. Conclude your day discovery at the bustling Ben Thanh market. Return to the hotel. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in this exciting city. We recommend an optional excursion to discover the magical Mekong Delta.* Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
* Optional Mekong Delta Excursion with lunch: Depart to Ben Tre province crossing Rach Mieu bridge. On arrival in Hung Vuong Pier, hop on a motorized boat on the Ben Tre River, one of the tributes of Mekong River while witnessing the lively activities of local life along the way. Stop at a brick kiln and visit one of the many coconut processing workshops located along the canal. Take a motorized cart or bicycle along the shady paths and pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to discover everyday life on the river. Take a rowing-boat along a beautiful water palm creek before you return to the pier.
Breakfast at the hotel. You will have this morning free or join the optional half-day excursion to visit Cu Chi tunnels*. The afternoon, transfer to the airport for a flight to Hanoi. Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day free to explore the city. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion: Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi, dug in 1948 for guerrillas to escape the bombardment of French forces. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of the tunnels.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an action-packed city tour of Hanoi. Stop at Huu Tiep Lake, home to the famous downed US B-52 bomber and wander through the lively local market. Next, visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (viewed from the outside on Monday & Friday due to closure), and the One Pillar Pagoda, whose origins date back to the foundation of the city. Continue to Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam, the Temple of Literature and Vietnam’s first university, dating from the 11th century. Explore, on foot, Hanoi’s Old Quarter streets to see local people trading and going about their daily lives. Take a relaxing seat at a local café for a refreshing cup of coffee or green tea. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon and the rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Hanoi, experiencing the hustle and bustle of Vietnam's busiest city. We recommend an optional excursion to the beautiful natural area of Ninh Binh.* Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Full-Day Ninh Binh Excursion: Set off in the morning to the region of Ninh Binh, famous for its karst mountains and misty caves. Take a rowing boat along the natural canals of the Thung Nham Valley and explore the mystical caves along the way. Stop at a local restaurant for lunch before continuing to Mua Cave, where a 20-minute climb rewards you with breathtaking views of the Tam Coc landscape. Admire the natural beauty of Vietnam.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage area of outstanding natural beauty known for its limestone islands and glistening waters. Travel through the rich farmlands of the delta and witness the daily life of the Vietnamese villages. Arrive in Ha Long and board a traditional junk boat, to begin your cruise on the bay with a welcome drink. Lunch on board. The cruise passes by many fascinating islets and may stop for a while to visit local fishing villages, caves and limestone islands. Relax at your leisure on the sun deck. Dinner and overnight on board.
* There will be no guide on board.
Brunch on board as the junk continues to cruise around the idyllic landscapes of Ha Long Bay. Soak up the natural beauty before returning to Ha Long port. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, perhaps picking up some last-minute souvenirs or revisiting your favourite city sights. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast * at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the UK/Ireland. Arrive in the UK/Ireland and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: City River, Grand Bayon.
Included activity for day 3 in Siem Reap
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Full-Day Angkor Temples Excursion
Explore the incredible Angkor Complex. Visit the ancient capital, Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple and Preah Khan Temple, before continuing to Ta Prohm and Banteay Kdei in the afternoon. Finally arrive at Angkor Wat, the most revered of all Cambodian temples!
What's included: Transfers, entrance, guide
Included activity for day 7 in Phnom Penh
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 12:30 Approx
The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
A poignant excursion to The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. Experience a moving insight into the bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge and realise the tragedy of this period in Cambodian history at the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and the notorious Killing Fields.
What's included: Transfers, entrances, guide
Included activity for day 9 in Ho Chi Minh
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Full-Day Ho Chi Minh City Sightseeing Tour
Soak up the rich tapestry of history and culture in Ho Chi Minh City. Be amazed by Notre Dame Cathedral, Thien Hau Temple and bustling Ben Thanh market as you explore the city!
What's included: Transfers, guide
Included activity for day 12 in Hanoi
Duration 07:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Hanoi City Tour
Enjoy an action-packed city tour of Hanoi. See Huu Tiep Lake, Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (viewed from the outside on Mondays & Fridays due to closure), the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, the Old Quarter and much more!
What's included: Guided tour of Hanoi, stop at local cafe for coffee/green tea
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 4 in Siem Reap
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Half-Day Phnom Kulen Mountain Excursion
Visit a modern pagoda, which offers stunning views over the Angkor area, and be amazed by the eight-meter tall statue of a reclining Buddha. Continue to the River of One Thousand Lingas and the magnificent waterfall nearby.
What's included: Transfer and guide
Suggested activity for day 5 in Siem Reap
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Morning excursion to Tonle Sap Lake
Visit a floating village, experience the local culture and watch the unique fishing activities. Back in Siem Reap, visit the Old Market. Includes: Transfer, guide, sightseeing fee, boat trip and a bottle of water.
What's included: Transfer and guide
Suggested activity for day 5 in Siem Reap
Duration 03:30h Approx. Pick up time: 17:00 Approx
Discover Cambodian Street Food by Tuk Tuk (Evening tour)
Set off in the evening to the local night market and discover the wide array of regional cuisine and snacks. Enjoy dinner at a local Cambodia restaurant.
What's included: Transfer, guide and dinner
Suggested activity for day 6 in Phnom Penh
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 14:30 Approx
Afternoon Phnom Penh City Tour
Guided tour to explore Cambodia’s capital and its major landmarks including the Silver Pagoda and the Toul Sleng Genocide Museum for a startling glimpse into the country’s tragic history.
What's included: Transfer and guide
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main UK/Ireland airports.
- International flights: UK/Ireland - Siem Reap, Hanoi - UK/Ireland.
- Internal flight: Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi. *more information
- 14 nights: 13 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels and 1 night on a Ha Long Bay Cruise.See hotels included
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Brunch, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles with bottled mineral waters and wet wipe.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Ha Long Bay Cruise.
- ATOL Protection.
Cambodia visa (on arrival), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity and two passport sized photos.
- VisaA visa is required. Issued on arrival in the country. Price approximately £25. Two passport photos are required for the application.
- CurrencyCambodian Riel.
- Electricity220 V. Adapter required.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneGMT + 07:00.
- Other useful informationThere is free wi-fi in the most popular tourist spots of the country.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.cambodia-tourism.org
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveller at a time
Awesome experience. I would return in a heartbeat!
Emotionally, I came home feeling humbled by my experiences in Cambodia and Vietnam. The culture and people are so different, it is an eye-opening feeling to explore countries like these. I would definitely revisit. Our trip was fabulous and even better than I had envisioned.