Experience the diversity of South America on an unforgettable adventure through Argentina and Brazil. Discover the cosmopolitan capital of Buenos Aires and learn the way of the gaucho in the Argentinian countryside. In Puerto Madryn, go whale-watching and soak up the coastal views before coming face-to-face with the Iguazú Falls and exploring the beach-side city of Rio de Janeiro.
Ready to experience the diverse landscapes and captivating cultural delights of two South American giants? Head to your departure airport to catch a flight to Buenos Aires. Night on board.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Touch down in Buenos Aires, Argentina's cosmopolitan capital, known as the home of Tango. Transfer to the airport and, once settled, enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the stately buildings of Plaza de Mayo or getting to know the vibrant culture of colourful La Boca. Be sure to sample Argentina's mouth-watering cuisine in one of the many cosy traditional restaurants scattered throughout the city, or grab a quick empanada as you continue sightseeing. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
If your flight arrives in Buenos Aires in the early hours of the morning, and you wish to have your room available before 3:00 p.m, you can book early check-in in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a city tour of Buenos Aires to discover its most charming sights and neighbourhoods. See the colourful houses of Caminito Street in La Boca, traditionally home to a large Italian community, and continue to upmarket La Recoleta, whose faded elegance is typified in its grandiose buildings and European architecture. Stroll through the cobbled streets San Telmo, the oldest part of the city before exploring Puerto Madero, known for its exciting food scene and modern restaurants. End the tour in leafy Palermo, the 'Lungs of the City'. The remainder of the day is free for you to explore at your leisure. We recommend enjoying an optional dinner and tango show tonight for a taste of authentic Argentine culture.* Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Dinner and Tango Show: Be transported back to the Golden Age of the Argentine Tango with a professional Tango show, accompanied by the musical delights of an orchestra, as you dine on fine Argentinian cuisine.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a full-day excursion to Estancia Santa Susana to enjoy the delights of rural Argentina and learn about the ways of the gaucho, the traditional Argentinan cowboy. Located close to the town of Los Cardales, Estancia Santa Susana is a typical farmhouse complete with 1200 hectares of farmland. Explore the estate and feast on traditional Argentinan fare as you tuck into a delicious lunch, complete with roast meat, empanadas and Argentinan wine. Enjoy a tour of the onsite museum to learn more about the history of the farmhouse and visit the Estancia chapel. Soak up the peaceful countryside and as the day draws to a close, return to Buenos Aires. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the local atmosphere, the architecture of its colonial buildings and the delicious cuisine. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Half-Day Excursion to the Tiger Delta: Discover the landscapes that Buenos Aires offers from the Río de la Plata and visit charming San Isidro, a town of great historical and architectural importance. On the Delta, take a boat and discover what life is like in this area of islands. Admire the amazing houses and mansions located in the ravines on the shore and enjoy views of the Cathedral of San Isidro; the Port of Olivos; the Monumental stadium of River and the University City of Buenos Aires. Return to Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you're headed for Patagonia! Transfer to the airport for a flight to Puerto Madryn, a coastal city in Northern Patagonia. Arrive in Puerto Madryn and transfer to the hotel. If time allows, the remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the city and take in the breathtaking coastal views. Puerto Madryn is well-known for the sandy beaches of its Golfo Nuevo Bay and the wildlife of its Valdes Peninsula. Overnight stay in Puerto Madryn.
Breakfast at the hotel. Discover the rich marine life of the Valdes Peninsula today on an exciting whale-watching excursion. Set off early in the morning to board a semi-rigid boat in Puerto Pirámides and set sail around the Valdes Peninsula as you look out for Southern Right Whales, which can measure up to 14-metres in length. Orcas are also known to frequent the waters around this region of Patagonia. Continue to Punta Delgada to see its lighthouse and watch the local colony of sea lions frolicking on the rocks. At Caleta Valdes discover the local wildlife such as elephant seals and sea birds before returning to Puerto Madryn. Overnight stay in Puerto Madryn.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to explore Puerto Madryn at your own pace. If the weather is pleasant, why not enjoy the sea views from a sunny cafe terrace on Golfo Nuevo Bay or try your hand at paddle-boarding or other watersports which are a popular pastime in the city. We recommend one of our optional excursions to get the most out of your stay in Puerto Madryn. Overnight stay in Puerto Madryn.
* Optional El Pedral Penguin Colony Excursion: Visit El Pedral Penguin Colony to watch this amazing community of Magellanic penguins. Visit the Punta Ninfas lighthouse and feast on Patagonian cuisine with lunch included. Soak up the beautiful landscapes and fall in love with the rich wildlife of the region.
Please note: The Optional El Pedral Penguin Colony Excursion is only available between 15th September and 10th December.
* Optional Snorkelling with Sea Lions Excursion: Navigate to the Punta Loma Natural Reserve where you'll enter the waters to swim with the friendly sea lions. You'll be able to interact with female and young sea lions, who are very sociable and harmless, for approximately 45 minutes whilst snorkelling in Golfo Nuevo Bay. Transfers are not included.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to leave the shores of Patagonia behind in favour of more tropical climes. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazú, home of the Iguazú Falls, a true wonder of the world and a bucket-list favourite. Transfer to your hotel and, depending on your arrival time, the rest of the day is free at your leisure. Why not explore the rainforest and soak up the beautiful natural environment. Overnight stay in Iguazú.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazú Falls on this included excursion by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-metre sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees. We recommend an optional Iguazú Great Adventure excursion to get up-close to the powerful waterfalls.* Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazú.
* Optional Iguazú Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At the dock, board a boat that sails on the Lower Iguazú River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area and enjoying plentiful rapids along the way. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off to discover the Brazilian side of the Iguazú Falls for a different perspective of this natural wonder and for a chance to take in the unforgettable panoramic views of the thundering falls and the lush landscapes that surround them. After exploring the natural environment and taking in the views, return to the Argentinian side of the falls for your overnight stay in Iguazú.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Arrive in Rio de Janeiro, transfer to the hotel and, if time allows, the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema where you can capture the beautiful sunset. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
After a hearty breakfast at the hotel, set off on a day of discovery in Rio de Janeiro. Embark on a tour of Corcovado and Christ the Redeemer, a true symbol of the city. Head to the top of Corcovado Mountain, with spectacular views along the way. Visit Christ the Redeemer, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and soak up the panoramic views. It's the perfect photo opportunity! Afterwards, explore the Sambodromo, home of the Rio Carnival, the Selaron Steps and see the exterior of the famous Maracana Stadium. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the vibrant atmosphere of the city. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, or alternatively, we recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain, an emblem of the city.* Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bid farewell to South America, filled with amazing memories of the places you've seen and the warm hospitality and culture of the locals. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the UK/Ireland. Night on board.
Arrive in the UK/Ireland and end your trip.
16 days trip including flights*
14 days and 13 nights in destination
LON - BUE
LON - BUE
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
RIO - LON
RIO - LON
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Amerian Park Buenos Aires.
Tourist City Tax. National Park Entrance Fees - approximately 25£, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
If your destination is in the USA or Canada, or if your selected flights to a different destination have connections in the USA or Canada, it is mandatory to have an ESTA (for USA) or an eTA (for Canada) before travelling.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
Maximum checked baggage limit on internal flights is 15kg.
IMPORTANT: Check with your doctor's recommendation for vaccines to travel to Brazil.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 30 June 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.