Sri Lanka in 11 Days
Temples, Treasures & Spiritual Retreats
Land in Colombo and witness breathtaking views from the top of the Lion Rock in Sigiriya. Discover the wildlife of Minneriya National Park, explore the cave temples of Dambulla and enjoy the majestic architecture and tea plantations of Kandy and Nuwara Eliya. Finally, find your own personal slice of paradise on the pristine beaches of Beruwala and Seeduwa.
9 days trip including flights*
7 days and 7 nights in destination
YTO - CMB
YTO - CMB
YTO - CMB
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at Canadian departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Colombo. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive at Colombo International Airport and transfer to Seeduwa, on the west coast of Sri Lanka. The rest of the day is at your leisure to enjoy your beautiful surroundings or take a relaxing stroll along the idyllic coastline. Known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka exudes natural beauty and tropical charms. Overnight stay in Seeduwa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, travel to the Sigiriya region and, on arrival, set off to visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress, also known as Lion Rock. Within its triple-moated defence, the huge rock rises to a sheer height of almost 500 feet. On its summit are the foundations of what was once a sumptuous palace and gardens complete with an ancient swimming pool. Head back down to ground level and transfer to Dambulla, a historic town in the centre of the island. Get settled at the hotel and overnight stay in Dambulla.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the morning at your leisure, sightseeing in the city or relaxing at your own pace. We recommend an optional excursion to the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, one of Sri Lanka's most breathtaking archaeological sites.* In the afternoon, we recomend an optional excursion to Minneriya National Park. ** Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Dambulla.
* Optional Excursion to the Ancient City of Polonnaruwa: Drive for approx. 1.5 hours to the ancient medieval capital of Polonnaruwa, filled with timeless archaeological sites. Situated on the Parakrama Samudraya Lake, explore the fascinating ancient ruins, surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes.
** Optional Excursion to the Minneriya National Park: enjoy an exciting jeep safari at Minneriya National Park, famous for its large population of elephants. Experience excellent game viewing as you travel through the fertile plains of Minneriya, watching for herds of elephants, water buffalo, monkeys and birdlife.
$40 to be paid in destination in concept of entrance fee and jeep for the safari at Minneriya National Park.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off for Dambulla to visit the Golden Temple, a sacred 2,000-year-old pilgrimage site carved into the rocks. The walls and ceilings are covered with Buddhist murals and there are more than 130 Buddha statues in its interior. Next, en route to Kandy, enjoy a tour of the Spice Gardens and an authentic Batik Factory. Visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in the afternoon before arriving in Kandy, set on a plateau surrounded by breathtaking mountains. Transfer to the hotel. In the evening enjoy an entertaining cultural performance for a taste of Sri Lankan folklore. Overnight stay in Kandy.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave for Nuwara Eliya for an afternoon of sightseeing. Nuwara Eliya is known as the 'Little England' of Sri Lanka and is a beautiful region, filled with lush-tea plantation and typical farmlands. Visit a traditional tea plantation to learn about the production process and savour the flavour of authentic Sri Lankan tea, which makes up for around 25% of global tea exports! Enjoy sightseeing in Nuwara Eliya to admire its typical colonial architecture and cool climate before heading to the train station to take a scenic train ride back to Kandy. One of the most popular experiences in Sri Lanka, take in the amazing countryside views as the train weaves its way through plantations and mountains. Arrive in Kandy and spend the evening exploring this charming city at leisure. Overnight stay in Kandy.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the highlands behind for the idyllic shores of Beruwala, a famous resort town with a large number of hotels, providing first-class facilities and stunning beaches. Beruwala is also famous for water sports such as sailing, water-skiing, para-sailing and water scooters. The rest of the day is at your leisure to relax on the beautiful beaches and soak up the tropical landscapes. Overnight stay in Beruwala.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, enjoying the facilities of your hotel or relaxing on the beach. We recommend an optional excursion to Galle Fort and a Turtle Hatchery.* Overnight stay in Beruwala.
* Optional Excursion to Galle Fort & Turtle Hatchery: Head to Galle, a major city of Sri Lanka's south coast, to explore the huge Galle Fort, dating back to the 17th-century. With elements of Dutch and Portuguese architectural influences, learn about this period in the island's history. Afterwards, head to the Ahungalla Turtle Hatchery, where visitors have the unique opportunity to watch newborn turtles preparing to be released into the wild.
Accommodation: 7 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Arie Lagoon.
Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Set off to visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress, also known as Lion Rock. Within its triple-moated defence, the huge rock rises to a sheer height of almost 500 feet. On its summit are the foundations of what was once a sumptuous palace and gardens.
Kandy City Tour
Enjoy a tour of an authentic Batik Factory before visiting the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in the afternoon.
Dambulla Cave Temples & Spice Gardens
Visit the Golden Temple, a sacred 2,000-year-old pilgrimage site carved into the rocks. Next, enjoy a tour of the Spice Gardens.
Scenic Train Ride
Experience the beauty of the Sri Lankan highlands with a Scenic Train Ride from Nuwara Eliya to Kandy.
Ancient City of Polonnaruwa Excursion
Drive for approx. 1.5 hours to the ancient medieval capital of Polonnaruwa, filled with timeless archaeological sites. Situated on the Parakrama Samudraya Lake, explore the fascinating ancient ruins, surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes.
Jeep Safari to Minneriya National Park
Experience excellent game viewing as you travel through the fertile plains of Minneriya, watching for herds of elephants, water buffalo, monkeys and birdlife.
Galle Fort & Turtle Hatchery Excursion
Head to Galle to explore the huge Galle Fort, dating back to the 17th-century and visit the Ahungalla Turtle Hatchery, where visitors have the unique opportunity to watch newborn turtles preparing to be released into the wild.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canadia airports.
- International flights: Canada - Colombo - Canada. *more information
- Scenic train ride from Nuwara Eliya to Kandy. **more information
- 7 nights accommodation in Superior and Luxury category hotels.See hotels included
- 7 breakfasts. ***more information
- Transfers in air conditioned vehicle.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- English-speaking guide.
Sri Lankan visa (required)*, drinks, tips, and any other services** not mentioned in what's included.
* Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Sri Lankan government has suspended the visa on arrival service for foreigners traveling to Sri Lanka. Instead, a visa can be obtained prior to travel through the following link: www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/.
** $40 to be paid in destination for the entrance fee and jeep for the safari at Minneriya National Park.
If you are traveling to Sri Lanka with a Canadian passport, you will require a Sri Lankan visa. For other passport holders, we recommend that you check with the Sri Lankan Embassy for further details.
* You will need to add private arrival or departure airport transfers if your flight arrives in Colombo airport between midnight and 8:00 a.m. and/or departs from Colombo airport before 4:00 p.m.
** Due to Covid-19 and while the local authorities do not allow public transportation for tourists, it will not be possible to include the train journey.
Once the train ride is allowed again, sales and seat reservations open 30 days before departure and cannot be 100% guaranteed.
*** Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you expect to leave Sri Lanka.
- VisaAn ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) must be obtained before travelling. Available online here: http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/.
- CurrencySri Lankan Rupee.
- Electricity220V. Adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from Canada.
- Time zoneUTC + 05:30.
- Other useful informationPeople drive on the left-hand side of the road. Moving the head from side to side means yes.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.srilanka.travel
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 778 807 9750 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Trip to Sri Lanka
The trip to Sri Lanka was very well organised and the tour guide Sujith was excellent!