Land in Johannesburg and admire its mixture of both historic and ultra-modern architecture. Get to know the wild side of South Africa as you embark on game drives in the Kruger National Park. Fall in love with Cape Town and discover the beauty of the Cape Peninsula. Finally, experience the mighty Victoria Falls, a masterpiece of nature, in Zimbabwe and the Chobe National Park in Botswana.
Arrival at your Canadian departure airport ready to check-in for a flight * to Johannesburg. Night on board.
* If your outbound flight leaves at dawn (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the selected departure day.
Arrive in Johannesburg and transfer to the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure exploring the city and it's diverse and vibrant neighbourhoods. Tuck into the vibrant food scene and pop-up eateries. The city is a real cultural hub and it a great place to catch live music performances and indulge in trendy bars and restaurants. Overnight stay in Johannesburg.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time transfer by road to Mpumalanga. You're headed for Kruger, home to some of the most iconic wildlife in South Africa. Along the way, visit some of the most iconic sights of Blyde River Canyon such as Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s Window, and the Three Rondavels. You'll fall in love with the natural beauty of South Africa's landscapes! Arrive and transfer to the hotel to check-in. Dinner and overnight stay in Kruger.
Enjoy a Full-Day 4x4 Game Drive at Kruger National Park. Begin the day early on safari in the southern area of South Africa's most famous game reserves with breakfast on the go. The game viewing area is known as the 'Southern Circle' and is renowned for its rhinos and lions. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in Kruger National Park and discover the amazing diversity of animals in one of the world's largest game reserves. Remember to bring comfortable shoes, warm and rainproof jackets, sunhat and protection and cameras to capture the beautiful wildlife. Dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to explore the beautiful natural landscapes of Kruger and the White River. We recommend an optional day trip to Kruger National Park to experience more of its wildlife-rich eco-systems.* Overnight stay in the Kruger Region.
* Optional Kruger National Park Day Trip: Set off to the wilds of Kruger for your chance to spot the famous Big Five. Enjoy a slow drive through the national park, home to elephants, buffalos, giraffes, impalas, zebras and, of course, lions. An unforgettable day in the wilds of Southern Africa. Lunch included.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer by road back to Johannesburg, stopping to see the Union Buildings in Pretoria, the official headquarters of the South African government. Arrive in Johannesburg and transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Cape Town. Arrive in Cape Town, known as the 'Mother City', and transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Cape Town.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the ticket hop on hop off tour in Cape Town. South Africa's capital combines cosmopolitanism, culture, architecture, and the best of nature. With the hop-on and hop-off ticket, you will be able to do over 30 stops to enjoy some of the most remarkable attractions of the 'Mother City'. Take the Cableway and go up to Table Mountain where you can enjoy one of the most breathtaking views of Africa's landscapes. Transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Cape Town.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day by discovering the city further. We recommend taking the optional Cape Winelands excursion, especially if you're a wine lover as this region is known for its award-winning whites and reds.* Overnight stay in Cape Town.
* Optional Full-Day Wine Route Excursion with Wine Tasting: Set off into the lush Winelands outside of Cape Town and visit the wine producers in Stellenbosch for delicious wine and cheese tasting and a cellar tour. Also, explore Dorp Street and De Braak.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day by discovering the city further. We recommend taking the optional Full-Day tour of the Cape Peninsula, a paradise of natural beauty, vineyards and coastal seal and penguin colonies!* Overnight stay in Cape Town.
* Optional Full-Day Cape Peninsula Excursion: Enjoy the delights of the Cape Peninsula including Clifton, Camps Bay, Llandudno and the amazing Twelve Apostles. Pass through Noordhoek and see the local ostriches before visiting the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Cape Point. Fall in love with the Penguin Colony and Boulder's Beach and see Simons Town, Muizenberg Beach and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Victoria Falls. Named after Queen Victoria of England by the explorer David Livingstone, these impressive waterfalls are just one of the gifts that nature has given to southern Africa. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Get comfortable at the hotel and perhaps explore the surroundings at your leisure. We recommend an optional Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River, an unforgettable way to spend your first night in Zimbabwe.* Overnight stay in Victoria Falls.
* Optional Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River: Transfer to the jetty for a Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River. Includes drinks and snacks on board.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today visit the Zimbabwe side of the awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Site of Victoria Falls. Described locally as 'The Smoke That Thunders', Victoria Falls sits at the south of the Zambezi River, between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Spend some time being amazed by the power of the falls and visit different vantage points to discover the sheer scale of this natural wonder. During the afternoon we recommend the optional Flight of the Angels Helicopter Experience * or the optional Guided Tour of the Falls from Zambia and Zimbabwe sides.** Return to the hotel for an overnight stay in Victoria Falls.
* Optional Flight of the Angels Helicopter Experience (13 Minutes): To put the Victoria Falls into a true perspective, they must really be seen from the air. The sheer size and grandeur of the spectacle become all the more clearer from above. The huge Zambezi River flowing slowly south as the water spreads across the full width of a great rent in the earth before crashing over the lip in a burst of spray and then squeezing into a narrow, foaming, blast of water rushing down the zigzag funnel of the gorges.
** Optional Guided Tour of the Falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe): A guided tour of the falls enables you to delve into the local customs and traditions while gaining insight into how such an exquisite creation came to be. An aura of excitement envelopes everyone who lays eyes on this incredible spectacle and guided tours are conducted from both Zambia and Zimbabwe sides.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time cross the border into Botswana and to Kasane, the gateway to the Chobe National Park. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure to explore the beautiful natural landscapes of Botswana. Dinner and overnight stay in Chobe National Park.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off for Chobe National Park, Botswana’s first national park which stretches for 11.700 sq. metres. The park is well known for its huge population of elephants, who bath in the waters of the Chobe River. Explore the park on a game drive in open safari vehicles. In the late afternoon, embark on a boat cruise on the Chobe River. Watch the animals by the river. Hippos and crocodiles, as well as a lot of birds, are often seen on the river banks. Enjoy the sunset whilst sipping on a sundowner drink. Return to Kasane. Dinner and overnight stay in Chobe National Park.
Breakfast * at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to Canada. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
15 days trip including flights*
13 days and 12 nights in destination
YTO - JNB
YTO - JNB
VFA - YTO
VFA - YTO
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Entrance visa to Zimbabwe (required), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** White River: Family rooms are available only in the Karula Hotel in White River.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Exoticca was a wonderful company to work with. Our guides and drivers were absolutely exceptional, knowledgeable, timely, friendly, and quite often went above and beyond for us! This was a trip of a lifetime, and we were not disappointed in any way!
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 31 July 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.