Sacred Land of the Incas
Peru in 9 Days • 7 Nights in Destination
Our action-packed tour of Peru's most emblematic sights! Visit the incredible ruins of Machu Picchu, discover the vibrant food scene of Lima, explore Cuzco and uncover the secrets of the Sacred Valley.
Discover the vibrant culture and fascinating history of Peru and it's ancient Inca Empire. Explore Lima, the gastronomic capital and sample its iconic ceviche. Uncover the mysteries of the Sacred Valley and the Inca capital of Cuzco before exploring Machu Picchu, one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World, for an unforgettable bucket-list experience.
9 days trip including flights*
8 days and 7 nights in destination
YTO - LIM
LIM - YTO
LIM - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your Canadian departure airport ready to check in for a flight to Lima. Arrive in Lima, the capital of Peru, situated on the Pacific Coast. Transfer to the hotel, and spend the rest of the day exploring the city's colonial streets and magical plazas at your leisure. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent. Start by exploring the districts of Miraflores and San Isidro before heading to the older parts of the city. Visit the impressive Convent of Santo Domingo and walk to the Plaza de Armas to admire the exquisite colonial architecture that surrounds it. Finally, stop in the Parque del Amor, where you can enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the Peruvian coastline. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the beautiful views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the lively immaculate scenery of this iconic region. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Breakfast at the hotel. An exciting visit to Machu Picchu awaits you this morning as you set off for the train station to board the Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes, admiring the landscape along the way. Arrive and transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu*, a true wonder of the world and one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Spend some time discovering the ruins and being amazed by the terraces and enjoying a tour of the different sections of the site. Return to Sacred Valley. Arrive and overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Note: The baggage policy on board the Expedition train is 1 bag or backpack per person weighing a maximum of max. 5kg / 11lb.
Important: A copy of the passport is required in order to purchase the train tickets.
* Backpacks or bags taken into Machu Picchu must not exceed 40x35x20cms or have a capacity larger than 20Lts and must not contain single-use plastic bottles or bags. Backpacks or bags that exceed the indicated measurements can be left in storage for approx. $2 per bag.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off towards Cuzco, with the opportunity to enjoy the optional Sacred Valley excursion along the way, to experience the best of the region.* Arrive in Cuzco and spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, enjoying the lively plazas at night. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
* Optional Essence of the Sacred Valley Excursion: Visit Chinchero and the PARWA Centre, to appreciate the colourful traditional textiles. Next, visit the church of Chinchero before heading to the Racchi panoramic viewpoint for a fantastic view across the valley. Explore Ollantaytambo and its Inca fortress. Lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco' included granting entrance to the Sacred Valley and surrounding sights.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a fascinating half-day tour of Cuzco. Begin in the iconic Plaza de Armas, and visit the Cathedral. From here, walk to the Koricancha Temple, an impressive ancient Inca palace, in honour of the Sun God. Today, a Dominican church stands on the site. Finally, visit the lively San Blas neighbourhood, known for its artists, shops and artisan workshops. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and sampling the local cuisine. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Lima. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight* back to Canada. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
Accommodation: 7 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Arawi Miraflores Express, Arte Hotel Lima, Casa Andina Standard Benavides, Casa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro, El Tambo Uno, Habitat Hotel, Hotel San Antonio Abad, Ibis Lima Reducto Miraflores, Los Girasoles, Mercure Ariosto Lima, Tambo Dos de Mayo.
City Tour of Colonial and Modern Lima
Enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent.
Visit to Machu Picchu by Expedition or Voyager Train
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, a true wonder of the world! Discover these ancient Inca ruins, perched high in the Andes, for a truly unforgettable experience!
Half-Day Cuzco Tour
Begin your tour in the Plaza de Armas and visit the Cathedral, Koricancha Temple and the San Blas Neighbourhood.
Upgrade: Go and Return 360° train to Aguas Calientes
Upgrade to the 360° train to Aguas Calientes which has an open-air observatory wagon with bar and higher and wider panoramic windows.
The Essence of the Sacred Valley (with lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco')
Full day excursion to the Sacred Valley including Ollantaytambo, PARWA Traditional Textiles Centre and Chinchero. Lunch and BTCP included.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canadian airports.
- International flights: Canada - Lima - Canada.
- Internal flights: Lima - Cuzco, Cuzco - Lima.
- Train Journey from Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes on board the Expedition Train. *more information
- 7 nights accommodation in Charm category hotels.See hotels included
- 7 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with English speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
*The cancellation policy applicable is according to the Terms and Conditions available and agreed at the time of your purchase
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
If you are interested in travelling on a date not included on our departures calendar, please contact our Customer Service Department.
It is mandatory to send a copy of the valid passports of all passengers to email@example.com once you have made your reservation.
We strongly recommend you consult your healthcare provider regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you expect to leave Peru.
- VisaNo visa required.
- CurrencyPeruvian Sol.
- Electricity220V, 60 Hz.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.peru.travel/en-ca/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Children: 2-11 years old.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 778 807 9750 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
The trip was amazing...
The guides were informative and made interesting stops along the way during our transfers. We added the tour of the Sacred Valley and saw the Temple of the Sun, which was a highlight after being at Machu Picchu the previous day. We saw even more of the Inca's amazing architecture and terraces.