Explore the treasures of Southeast Asia. Be amazed by eye-opening Bangkok, and delve into Cambodian history in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Experience historic Ho Chi Minh City, explore Hanoi and cruise on the waters of Ha Long Bay. Head to modern Kuala Lumpur and cosmopolitan Jakarta before uncovering the traditional heritage of Yogyakarta. End your adventure on the paradise island of Bali.
Arrive at your Canadian departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Bangkok.* Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in the capital of Thailand and transfer to your hotel. Bangkok is one of the most influential, modern and lively cities in Southeast Asia due to it's economic, political and social development. Make the most of your time in the city by exploring the bustling street markets or enjoying some of the exotic street food on offer. Overnight in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a fascinating tour of Bangkok's temples. Head to Yaowarat Road, in Chinatown, to visit magical Wat Traimit temple, which houses the largest solid gold Buddha in the world, almost five meters high and an amazing five and a half tons in weight. Continue to Wat Pho, the largest temple in Bangkok where the famous Reclining Buddha is kept. After admiring the sheer size of the temple, continue to the astounding Wat Benchamabophit or The Marble Temple, a Buddhist sanctuary built in white Italian marble in the 18th century, with elegant and intricate designs. Finally, enjoy a visit to the State Factory of Precious Stones, for the opportunity to buy local jewellery, crafts and silks. Overnight stay in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend a day exploring Bangkok at your own pace. We recommend visiting some of the emblematic temples dotted around the city and soaking up the atmosphere of the famous night markets. Overnight stay in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, explore the most significant temples in the Angkor Complex. Visit the ancient capital, Angkor Thom and enjoy the unique decorative towers of the Bayon Temple. At Preah Khan Temple, wonder at the 12th-century splendour before you continue to Ta Prohm in the afternoon, home to the enormous iconic fig tree roots that grow through the middle of the temple. Admire Bayon architecture at Banteay Kdei temple before you finally arrive at Angkor Wat, the world heritage site and most revered of all the Cambodian temples. It features the longest bas-relief in the world and is the perfect place to watch the sunset over the entire temple complex. Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, soaking up the ambience of Siem Reap, or perhaps exploring the sights at your own pace. We recommend an optional excursion to Phnom Kulen Mountain, a sacred pilgrimage site home to remote temples.* Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
* Optional Half-Day Phnom Kulen Mountain Excursion: Enjoy a 1-hour scenic drive to Phnom Kulen Mountain, considered by Khmers to be the most sacred mountain in Cambodia. Visit a modern pagoda, which offers stunning views over the Angkor area, and be amazed by the eight-meter tall statue of a reclining Buddha. Continue to the River of One Thousand Lingas and the magnificent waterfall nearby, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim. Return to Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, exploring the lively city centre. We recommend enjoying an optional excursion to Tonle Sap Lake and an optional Tuk-Tuk Street Food tour.* Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
* Optional Morning Tonle Sap Lake Excursion: Transfer to Tonle Sap Lake, a huge freshwater body of water, known for it's floating villages. Enjoy a boat ride through the villages, complete with floating farms, schools, gardens and temples. Return to dry land and visit the Old Market of Siem Reap.
* Optional Evening Tuk-Tuk Street Food Tour: Set off in the evening to the local night market and discover the wide array of regional cuisine and snacks. Take a tuk-tuk to a local Cambodia restaurant to enjoy a traditional dinner.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, catch the Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus* headed for the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure to explore this vibrant city, filled with beautiful French colonial architecture and situated at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap Rivers. We recommend an optional city tour to get to know Phnom Penh's most emblematic sights.** Overnight stay in Phnom Penh.
* The Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus ride from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, is 320 km long and will take approximately 6 hours. Alternatively, you can take an optional flight from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh with Cambodia Angkor Air (approximately 1-hour flight time). This can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
** Optional Phnom Penh City Tour: Explore the landmarks of Phnom Penh such as the fascinating Royal Palace, the Silver Pagoda and the moving Toul Sleng Genocide Museum, for a poignant look at the country's tragic history. End the tour in the colourful Central Market.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a poignant excursion to The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, for a moving insight into the bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge. Realise the horror and tragedy of this period in Cambodian history at the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and visit the notorious Killing Fields. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Phnom Penh.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, cross the border between Cambodia and Vietnam on the Mekong Express/Giant Ibis bus* headed for Ho Chi Minh City, still known as Saigon to many of the locals. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free to explore the city and its famous night market, perfect for picking up some authentic souvenirs. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh.
* The Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus ride from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City is 280 km long and will take approximately 6.5 hours. Alternatively, you can take an optional flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City with Cambodia Angkor Air (approximately 1-hour flight time). This can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Embark on a full-day city tour to soak up the rich tapestry of history and culture in Ho Chi Minh City. Visits Dong Khoi Street, home to many of the city's most important sites from the French colonial period, when the city became known as the 'Paris of the Orient'. Appreciate the restored Opera House, based on the Petit Palace in Paris and visit the Grand Hotel de Ville, now formally re-branded as the People's Committee Hall. Be amazed by the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the impressive Central Post Office, designed by the architect Gustav Eiffel. In District 5 visit China Town and the iconic Thien Hau Temple, built in honour of the goddess of the sea. Conclude your day discovery at the bustling Ben Thanh market. Return to the hotel. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in this exciting city. We recommend an optional excursion to discover the magical Mekong Delta.* Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
* Optional Mekong Delta Excursion: Depart to Ben Tre province crossing Rach Mieu bridge. On arrival in Hung Vuong Pier, hop on a motorized boat on the Ben Tre River, one of the tributes of Mekong River while witnessing the lively activities of local life along the way. Stop at a brick kiln and visit one of the many coconut processing workshops located along the canal. Take a motorized cart or bicycle along the shady paths and pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to discover everyday life on the river. Take a rowing-boat along a beautiful water palm creek before you return to the pier.
Breakfast at the hotel. You will have this morning free or join the optional half-day excursion to visit Cu Chi tunnels*. The afternoon, transfer to the airport for a flight to Hanoi. Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day free to explore the city. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion: Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi, dug in 1948 for guerrillas to escape the bombardment of French forces. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of the tunnels.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an action-packed city tour of Hanoi. Stop at Huu Tiep Lake, home to the famous downed US B-52 bomber and wander through the lively local market. Next, visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (viewed from the outside on Monday & Friday due to closure), and the One Pillar Pagoda, whose origins date back to the foundation of the city. Continue to Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam, the Temple of Literature and Vietnam’s first university, dating from the 11th century. Explore, on foot, Hanoi’s Old Quarter streets to see local people trading and going about their daily lives. Take a relaxing seat at a local café for a refreshing cup of coffee or green tea. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon and the rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Hanoi, experiencing the hustle and bustle of Vietnam's busiest city. We recommend an optional excursion to the beautiful natural area of Ninh Binh.* Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Full-Day Ninh Binh Excursion: Set off in the morning to the region of Ninh Binh, famous for its karst mountains and misty caves. Take a rowing boat along the natural canals of the Thung Nham Valley and explore the mystical caves along the way. Stop at a local restaurant for lunch before continuing to Mua Cave, where a 20-minute climb rewards you with breathtaking views of the Tam Coc landscape. Admire the natural beauty of Vietnam.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage area of outstanding natural beauty known for its limestone islands and glistening waters. Travel through the rich farmlands of the delta and witness the daily life of the Vietnamese villages. Arrive in Ha Long and board a traditional junk boat, to begin your cruise on the bay with a welcome drink. Lunch on board. The cruise passes by many fascinating islets and may stop for a while to visit local fishing villages, caves and limestone islands. Relax at your leisure on the sun deck. Dinner and overnight on board.
Please note: There is no guide on board the Ha Long Bay cruise.
Brunch on board as the traditional junk continues to cruise around the idyllic landscapes of Ha Long Bay. Soak up the natural beauty before returning to Ha Long port. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, perhaps picking up some last-minute souvenirs or revisiting your favourite city sights. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Kuala Lumpur. Arrive in Kuala Lumpur and transfer to hotel. This federal capital and largest city in Malaysia embraces modernity with its skyscrapers whilst still retaining its most traditional customs and religions. It's known for its high-end restaurants, exquisite cuisine, British-colonial landmarks and charming urban environment. Spend the day discovering the city at your leisure. Overnight stay in Kuala Lumpur.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a half-day tour through the city of Kuala Lumpur. Discover the most emblematic symbols of the city such as the Petronas Towers, once the tallest buildings in the world, the Royal Palace, the Lake Gardens, the National Mosque, the Independence Square and the National Museum which houses collections about the history and culture of Malaysia.* Finally, explore a Craft Centre and the Cocoa Boutique. The remainder of the day is free for you to explore at your leisure. We recommend heading to one of the many high-end shopping malls for a taste of Malaysian retail therapy. Overnight stay in Kuala Lumpur.
* Entrance to National Museum not included and optional. The National Museum is closed during the Hari Raya Puasa festival (12 - 13 June 2021, dates subject to change).
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Jakarta. Arrive in the capital city of Jakarta on the island of Java and transfer to the hotel. Take the rest of the day at your leisure to enjoy the area. Jakarta is known for its historic mix of cultures such as Javanese, Malay, Chinese, Arabic, Indian and European which has influenced the city's architecture, language and cuisine. Overnight stay in Jakarta.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a tour of Jakarta. Get to know the city and explore sights such as The Old Port of Sunda Kelapa, Batavia, and make a photo stop National Museum. Explore Glodok Chinatown, the oldest Chinatown in Jakarta, and admire the typical old Chinese architecture, tiny alleys and charming Vihara.* Overnight stay in Jakarta.
* Please note: On Sunday's the main street in Jakarta is car-free between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. and on Monday all museums are CLOSED.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, transfer back to the airport to catch a flight to your next destination, enchanting Yogyakarta. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. Yogyakarta is known for its traditional arts and cultural heritage and has a very different atmosphere to the hustle and bustle of Jakarta. Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, enjoy a Yogyakarta city tour. Visit the iconic Keraton and the Sultan’s Palace, an oasis of tranquillity and beauty.* Continue the tour with a visit to the enchanting Water Castle, home to beautiful swimming pools and pavilions. Explore the Museum Sonobudoyo, and be immersed in local culture at an impressive batik factory. End the tour with a visit to the world-famous Borobudur. This is one of the most impressive Buddhist temples in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the afternoon, enjoy the city at your leisure or take an optional village tour.* Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
* Please note: the Keraton is closed on Mondays.
* Optional Candirejo Village Tour by 'Andong' Horse Cart: Enjoy a 30-minute tour of the village of Candirejo by 'Andong', a traditional horse cart. Ride through this peaceful and architecturally charming village and witness the daily lives of the locals.
Breakfast at the hotel. Take a day at your leisure. We recommend exploring the local markets for a spot of souvenir shopping. Alternatively, take an optional excursion to explore the area further.* Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
* Optional Morning Cycling Tour: Starting from the Kali Opak Bridge, a guide will take you around Prambanan to see beautiful rice fields, plantations and to visit a village and a tobacco factory. Also explore the charming Plaosan temple, which is a mix of Buddhist and Hindu architecture, surrounded by paddy fields.
* Optional Prambanan Temple Tour: Visit the Prambanan Temple site. The main site here is called 'Loro Jonggrang', considered Java’s most elegant and awe-inspiring. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia, and one of the biggest in Southeast Asia, the Prambanan temple site is an unmissable stop whilst visiting Yogyakarta.
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Yogyakarta airport to catch your flight to Ubud, on the paradise island of Bali. Arrive in Ubud, and transfer to the hotel. Soak up the peaceful atmosphere, explore the artistic side of the city or simply kick back at the hotel. Overnight stay in Ubud.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today enjoy a full day excursion in and around Ubud. The first stop is in the stone carver village of Batu Bulan to see the colorful and exciting Dance of Barong & Kris. After the performance, visit this famous village to see the artists making their designs. The carvers use many varieties of wood. Visit the 'elephant cave' called Goa Gajah. The next stop is at Kintamani to enjoy the spectacular views of Mount Batur, with its black lava ribbons descending from the sacred crater to the valley, where Lake Batur sits serene and bright with the mountains as a backdrop. On the return trip admire the beautiful rice field terraces in Tegallalang. Return to Ubud for an overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, spend the day at your leisure. Why not explore the local markets or indulge in a relaxing Balinese massage. We recommend an optional river rafting excursion if you are feeling adventurous.* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Ayung River Rafting Excursion: Take a rafting adventure on the Ayung River! An unforgettable journey through the tropical rainforest past beautiful waterfalls. Lunch included.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure. We recommend exploring the tranquil rainforests or visiting the local Hindu temples and shrines. Alternatively, we suggest taking an optional mountain biking excursion to enjoy the landscapes from a different perspective.* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Mountain Biking Excursion: From the mountainside, ride along quiet roads past various villages. Enjoy an impression of traditional Balinese life and the beautiful nature.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, journey through the hills of Bali’s southern peninsula. This area, known as Bukit, offers a landscape unequalled by any other regions of the island. Unlike the lush rainforests of the tropical central highlands, this arid terrain was formed by millennia of coral sedimentations and is filled with captivating scenery. Home to wild beaches, Bukit is a haven for surfers. In the corner of this peninsula, perched on a sheer cliff, is a highly venerated Uluwatu Temple. Visit the temple to enjoy a performance of the Ramayana epic-based Kecak Dance with the majestic temple and sunset in the background. Afterwards, transfer to beautiful Benoa, one of the most idyllic beach resorts on the island. Get settled at the hotel and enjoy an overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, basking in the Balinese sunshine or exploring at your own pace. We recommend an optional city tour of Denpasar to discover the unique and diverse atmosphere of the city, which fuses traditional Balinese culture and modernity.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Denpasar City Tour: Explore Badung Traditional Market, for a taste of the local culture and delve into the spiritual side of the city at Jagatnatha Temple. Learn more about the island at the fascinating Bali Museum and admire the Bajra Shandi Monument, a monument dedicated to the struggles of the Balinese people throughout history. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to explore Bali at your leisure. Why not indulge in a lazy beach day or go snorkelling in the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Alternatively, why not consider one of our optional excursions.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Nusa Lembongan Snorkeling Excursion: Set off to Nusa Lembongan around 8:00 a.m. for an exciting day of snorkelling in the warm, abundant waters. Enjoy an included lunch on the boat and discover the rich marine life in the open waters. All snorkelling equipment is provided. (Min. 2 pax)
* Optional Sunset Dinner Cruise: Spend a tropical evening onboard a boat whilst taking in the spectacular sunset and enjoying a refreshing cocktail and international buffet. A live cabaret show on board will keep you entertained as you cruise away the evening. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. A day at your leisure to continue enjoying the idyllic white-sand beaches of Benoa, perfect for a walk along its extensive shoreline and a swim in its crystal clear warm waters. We recommend an optional tour to Besakih and Penglipuran to discover more of the local area.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Besakih and Penglipuran Tour: On this day trip, discover the oldest temple in Bali, the Pura Besakih at the foot of Mount Agung. Along the way, visit Kertagosa in Klungkung, dating back to pre-colonial times and the village of Penglipuran, home to an indigenous community. Also, discover the sacred bats of Goa Lawah Cave and the black beaches of Kusamba for a fantastic overview of the must-see sights in the region. Lunch included. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to enjoy this haven of peace and tranquility located in the southern region of Bali, famous for its extraordinary beaches and its unique sunsets. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Bid farewell to the paradise shores of Bali today. At the indicated time, transfer to Denpasar airport for a flight back to Kuala Lumpur. Arrive in Kuala Lumpur and spend your final evening soaking up the atmosphere of the bustling night markets or simply unwinding at your leisure. Overnight stay in Kuala Lumpur.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bring your epic adventure through Southeast Asia to an end. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for your return flight* back to Canada. Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
36 days trip including flights*
35 days and 34 nights in destination
YTO - BKK
YTO - BKK
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Hạ Long Bay
KUL - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: FuramaXclusive Sathorn.
Cambodia visa (on arrival), Vietnam E-visa (online before traveling) *, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* US & CA passport holders are required to get an entry visa before departure.
* US & CA passport holders are able to apply for a 30-day single-entry e-visa to visit Vietnam through the website:
You MUST select ‘Moc Bai Landport’ as the point of entry in order to be allowed to enter through the checkpoint. Alternatively, if you choose to purchase the optional flight from Phnom Penh - Ho Chi Minh City instead of taking the bus, you MUST select 'Saigon' as the point of entry.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
IMPORTANT: The luggage weight restrictions for internal flights is 15 kg.
** Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*** Transfers without an English-speaking guide.
**** On March 14th 2021, the Day of Silence or 'Nyepi' is observed in Bali as part of the Hindu New Year celebrations. It is traditionally a day of meditation and therefore, no activities are allowed, everything is closed and it is not permitted to go outside on this special day.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
It has certainly been an excellent trip. We have enjoyed it a lot thanks to the attention and treatment received from the entire team.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.