Chile, Argentina & Brazil in 18 Days
Cities & Natural Wonders of South America
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Prepare for an unforgettable journey through three of South America's most diverse countries. Explore Santiago and soak up the views from St. Lucia Hill and head to the wine-growing capital of Mendoza in the Argentinian Andes. Discover the elegant neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires in Argentina, fall in love with the landscape of the Iguazu Falls and feel the rhythm of Rio de Janeiro.
18 days trip including flights*
16 days and 15 nights in destination
YTO - SCL
YTO - SCL
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
RIO - YTO
RIO - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your departure airport ready to catch a flight to Santiago. Night on board.
Important: If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Santiago a beautiful city, surrounded by Andean mountains with a charming historic centre. Transfer to the hotel and get some rest ready to discover the city the following morning. Overnight stay in Santiago.
Breakfast at the hotel. Get out and explore Santiago, a city full of stimulating possibilities, on a fascinating city tour. Begin in the centre, on the main avenue of the city, to learn about its history and landmarks. Descend to the cobblestoned neighbourhood of Lastarría, bursting with green spaces and fancy 19th-century mansions, now restored and mostly used as cafes, restaurants, bookstores and museums. Next, experience the spectacular views from Cerro Santa Lucia where you can contemplate the city and hear more about its fascinating history. Descend the hill and pass by the emblematic Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral of Santiago and the former national congress. Dig deeper into Chilean history at the majestic La Moneda Palace and Plaza de la Constitución. It's time to smell the aromas and admire the amazing fresh produce at the Central Market before continuing to a Lapis Lazuli store to admire the beautiful crafts and handmade jewellery. Return to the hotel and spend the rest of the day relaxing at your leisure. Wine lovers should indulge in the local Chilean wines, they're exceptional. Overnight stay in Santiago.
Breakfast at the hotel. The day is all yours to explore and relax at your own pace. Culture vultures will love the city's eclectic collection of museums. The Museum of Pre-Colombian Art is simply amazing, with artefacts and art from all across South America. On the other hand, you could make like a local and have a long, leisurely lunch whilst people watching in one of the plazas. Overnight stay in Santiago.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to wave goodbye to the Chilean capital and transfer to the airport for a flight to Mendoza. Arrive in Mendoza, in the leafy foothills of the eastern Andes in Argentina. Mendoza is famed for its wine and olive oil, making it a great destination for budding foodies to explore. Transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Mendoza.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you'll get to know the best-loved sights with a city tour of Mendoza. Explore both the old and new city and notice the contrasts. Visit Foundational Plaza, the site of the city's foundation in 1561 and discover the Jesuit ruins, a vestige of the city before the devastating earthquake of 1861. Soak up the culture at the Basilica of San Francisco, the Plaza Independencia and Plaza Espana before passing through prestigious Emilio Civit Street, all the way to the verdant San Martin Park, the lungs of the city. This park is a popular place for local families and friends to relax together in the fresh air. End the tour at the Cerro de la Gloria, a hill where the amazing Monument to Santa Martiniana Gesta is located. Return to the hotel and spend the rest of the day at your leisure, enjoying the laid back atmosphere of the city and exploring at your own pace. Overnight stay in Mendoza.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover the city. We recommend the following optional excursions to the Villavicencio Nature Reserve or Visit the local famous vineyards and wineries. * Overnight in Mendoza.
* Andes Truck optional excursion: Embark on an unforgettable 4x4 excursion to the breathtaking Villavicencio Nature Reserve. Journey through incredible natural landscapes and gorges filled with wildlife. Climb the mountain road to Manto de Cobre a historic 'frontier' type town, once an operating gold and silver mine in the 19th-century. Today, the town and its mines have been taken over by the native wildlife. Take a short trek into the mines and watch the varied wildlife such as foxes, hares, armadillos, ferrets and the majestic Andean Condor. Enjoy a panoramic journey through the landscapes of Villavicencio and it's protected sites, ending at the brilliant Cerro Aconcagua Viewpoint. This excursion does not operate on Mondays or Tuesdays.
* Optional excursion to vineyards and wineries: Full-day excursion to visit the characteristic vineyards and wineries of the region. We will go to the south-west of the city of Mendoza, where 100 km away is one of the great wine valleys of Argentina, the Uco Valley. The region that in recent years is the destination of large foreign and national wine investments. These wineries have become creators of great wines that have won numerous international awards. That is why we propose to visit 3 specially selected wineries. The wineries are usually located right in the center of the vineyards, where a large number of hectares of native desert habitat have been preserved, and are part of the daily landscape of the winery. Near them, you can see the nearby snow-capped Andes, which rise to more than 6,100 meters. Here you will learn the steps to tasting a good wine and the way that both fruits and their product go through the different stages of production. On the tour, you can savour a gourmet lunch accompanied by the best wines of the region.
Please note: You may book only one of the two optional excursions on this day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off for the capital today! At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrive in Buenos Aires, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an included tour of the chic city of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul and history, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada where the artist Madonna performed the hit song "Do not cry for me Argentina" in 1996. The tour finishes in the neighbourhood of Palermo, the largest in the city. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the local atmosphere, the architecture of its colonial buildings and the delicious cuisine. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu. Transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day is free. If the arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or rest in this beautiful natural setting. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on this included excursion by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80 metre (262 feet) high sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees. * Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the second in dimension and the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Brazillian side of the Iguazu Falls, one of the world's Seven Natural Wonders. Walk on the well-placed viewing trails and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day free. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day taking an included city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the famous Christ the Redeemer statue. Visit the famous Corcovado mountain, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer is more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic Christ the Redeemer; an immense rock statue built by the sculptor Francés Paul Landowski. Descend from the hills, pass by the outside of the Maracanã and visit the Sambódromo, where the Rio Carnival takes place yearly. Also, visit the famous Selaron Steps. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for a great view across the city. * Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to Canada. Night on board.
Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Eurotel Providencia, Panamericana Providencia, RQ Santa Magdalena.
Included activity for day 3
City Tour of Santiago
Discover the top landmarks and history of Santiago on this guided tour to better understand Chilean culture.
Included activity for day 6
City Tour in Mendoza
Visit Foundational Plaza and discover the Jesuit ruins, soak up the culture at the Basilica of San Francisco, the Plaza Independencia and Plaza Espana
Included activity for day 9
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Buenos Aires City Tour
Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada.
Included activity for day 12
Duration 02:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Excursion to Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls
Take the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-meter high sheer drop. Walk across a number of bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 7
4x4 Villavicencio Nature Reserve Excursion
Journey through incredible natural landscapes and climb the road to Manto de Cobre a historic 'frontier' town. Enjoy a nature trek and the amazing views from Cerro Aconcagua Viewpoint.
Suggested activity for day 7
Vineyards & Wineries of Mendoza Tour
Visit the characteristic vineyards and wineries of the region of Mendoza and the Uco Valley, with wine tasting and a gourmet lunch.
Suggested activity for day 12
Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
Suggested activity for day 16
Sugar Loaf Mountain Excursion
Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canada airports.
- International flights: Canada - Santiago and Rio de Janeiro - Canada.
- Internal and international flights: Santiago - Mendoza, Mendoza - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguazu, Iguazu - Rio de Janeiro. *more information
- 15 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 15 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Tourist City Tax. National Park Entrance Fees - approximately CA$47 , drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid must be valid for the duration of your stay in Chile.
- VisaVisa not required.
- Electricity220V. Adapter required in certain parts of the country.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations.
- Time zoneUTC - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://chile.travel/en
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Thanks Exoticca for yet another great holiday!
This is our 3rd holiday arranged by Exoticca travel and probably the best so far! Great organisation, excellent choice of hotels, brilliant tours, flights and transfers worked perfectly! Local reps are always available to assist in case of need! Good value for money and such a fantastic country!
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.