Mauritius in 8 Days
All-Inc. Getaway to the Island of Eden
Discover the beautiful island nation of Mauritius on a 5-night All-Inclusive getaway to this tropical paradise of palm-fringed beaches and lush mountains. Known as the 'Island of Eden’, explore its heavenly beaches, vibrant cities and magnificent natural wonders, from the verdant rainforested interior to centuries-old rum distilleries, aromatic vanilla plantations and bustling Port Louis.
8 days trip including flights*
6 days and 5 nights in destination
NYC - MRU
NYC - MRU
MRU - NYC
MRU - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at your US departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Mauritius.* Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Touch down in Mauritius and transfer to the hotel. This island paradise is famous for its crystalline waters, white sands, exotic vegetation and idyllic beaches. Get settled in and begin to enjoy your stay in Mauritius on an All-Inclusive basis. Overnight stay in Mauritius.
All-Inclusive. Spend the day at your leisure, soaking up the sun or perhaps treating yourself to a spa treatment at the hotel. We recommend an optional tour of Port Louis & the North of the Island*. Overnight stay in Mauritius.
* Optional Full-Day Port Louis & North tour: Head to Port Louis and enjoy the lively waterfront, the main craft market and Fort Adelaide, built by the British in 1835. Next, visit an old Sugar Mill for exciting rum tasting and learn about the history of trade on the island. Stop at the spectacular botanical gardens of Pamplemousses, where you are blown away by nature's splendour. The gardens are home to giant water lilies, as big as three metres wide. Enjoy the afternoon in the beautiful gardens before returning to the hotel.
All-Inclusive. Enjoy a day at your leisure. We recommend visiting the Grand Bassin, an impressive lake located in a crater in the south of the island. It is the most important sacred place of worship for Hindus in Mauritius and is the perfect place to get to know the local culture and beliefs. Overnight stay in Mauritius.
All-Inclusive. Enjoy the day at your leisure. We suggest visiting a traditional market to get a closer look at Mauritian culture. The best known are the markets of Port Louis or Quatre Bornes, where you can find a myriad of traditional dishes, vibrant coloured textiles and spices. Alternatively, enjoy an optional tour of Mystic South.* Overnight stay in Mauritius.
* Optional Mystic South Tour: Visit the central town of Curepipe, home to luxurious architecture and a busy commercial hub, to see a different side of Mauritian life. Next, head to the mighty Trou-aux Cerfs, a dormant volcanic crater, situated high above the city. Head into the mountains to visit the Ganga Talao lake, secluded in the lush heart of the island and considered a sacred Hindu site. Learn about its religious significance before ending the day at the La Vanille Crocodile Park, set in lush greenery and home to crocodiles, giant tortoises and beautiful butterflies and flora.
All-Inclusive. Make the most of your final day on the paradise shores of Mauritius. If you haven't already, we recommend visiting the amazing ‘Land of Seven Colours’ in Chamarel, an otherworldly geological formation composed of multi-coloured sand dunes separated into surreal rainbow-hued lines. Overnight stay in Mauritius.
Breakfast* at the hotel. It's time to bid farewell to magical Mauritius. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 3
Full Day Port Louis & North Tour
Head to Port Louis and enjoy the lively waterfront. Next, visit an old Sugar Mill for exciting rum tasting and learn about the history of trade on the island. Stop at the spectacular botanical gardens of Pamplemousses.
Suggested activity for day 5
Mystic South Tour Mauritius
Visit the central town of Curepipe. Head to the mighty Trou-aux Cerfs and end the day at the La Vanille Crocodile Park, set in lush greenery and home to crocodile and giant tortoises.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Mauritius - US.
- 5 nights accommodation in a Superior category hotel.See hotels included
- All-Inclusive. *more information
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* All-Inclusive Package:
International Breakfast Buffet, Lunch Buffet (free option to eat at the Burger Bar for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.), afternoon tea and pancakes from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Themed Buffet Dinner (organized on the Beach Esplanade every Wednesday & Saturday). Beverages: Served from 10:30 a.m. -10:30 p.m. including a selection of local bottled alcoholic drinks such as beer, rum, vodka, wine, whisky, gin, spirits, a selection of cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks such as juice, soft, tea/coffee, and still/sparkling water. Minibar with a selection of locally bottled drinks replenished once a day.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity and a return ticket.
- VisaNo advance visa is required.
- CurrencyMauritian Rupee.
- Electricity230 V. No adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from the US.
- Time zoneUTC + 04:00.
- Other useful informationPeople drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.tourism-mauritius.mu
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Thanks for arranging such a fantastic Honeymoon.
We had an absolutely fantastic holiday and without a doubt will be using Exoticca for future trips.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.