Argentina & Brazil in 12 Days
Latin Capitals & Iguazu Falls
Our bestselling tour of Argentina & Brazil's cities and natural wonders including Buenos Aires, the Iguazu Falls and Rio's Christ the Redeemer!
The highlights of two South American giants together in one unforgettable journey. Travel to the land of the tango and explore the elegant neighbourhoods and exquisite cuisine of Buenos Aires. Fall in love with the landscapes and sound of the powerful cascades at the Iguazu Falls and soak up the atmosphere and rhythms of vibrant Rio de Janeiro. Pack your bags, ready for a journey of a lifetime!
11 days trip including flights*
10 days and 9 nights in destination
NYC - BUE
NYC - BUE
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
RIO - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
It's time to set off on an adventure to Argentina and Brazil! Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check in for a flight to Buenos Aires. Night on board.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Touch down in Buenos Aires, a sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant, Argentinan culture! Transfer to the hotel, get settled in and spend the remainder of the day getting to know this exciting city at your leisure! Check out its atmospheric tango clubs, excellent restaurants and bustling shopping streets. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a 3-hour city tour of Buenos Aires today! Known as the 'Paris of South America', visit the glamorous neighborhoods of Recoleta and Palermo and see Plaza de Mayo and the famous Casa Rosada government office. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral and explore the unique architecture of trendy Puerto Madero. Step back in time to San Telmo, known for its renowned antique market, held every Sunday and stroll along Caminito Street, in the colorful neighborhood of La Boca. The remainder of the day is free to explore Buenos Aires at your leisure. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, revisiting your favorite spots in the city, enjoying the city's green open spaces or discovering the capital's fantastic shopping opportunities. We recommend an optional excursion to the Tigre Delta to experience the city from a different perspective.* Overnight stay.
* Optional Half-Day Excursion to the Tigre Delta: Discover the landscapes of Buenos Aires from the Río de la Plata and visit charming San Isidro, a town of great historical and architectural importance. On the Delta, take a boat cruise and discover what life is like in this upmarket neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Admire the amazing houses and mansions along the shoreline and enjoy views of the Cathedral of San Isidro; the Port of Olivos; the Monumental stadium of River and the University City of Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the capital behind as you transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Iguazu, home to one of the most astounding waterfall systems in the world! Arrive and transfer to your hotel. Once settled, enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. If your arrival time allows, we suggest exploring the local nature trails through the rainforest or simply relaxing in the pristine natural surroundings! Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off for an unforgettable tour of the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls. Discover one of the greatest creations of Mother Nature as you explore different footbridges to witness a variety of views of these mighty falls! On the lower circuit, get close to the waterfalls and feel the power of these thundering walls of water. Afterwards, take the upper circuit to enjoy a different perspective before reaching the viewing platform at the Devil's Throat, where you can view the 80-meter-high waterfalls in all their glory! The remainder of the day is free to relax at your leisure. More adventurous travelers might prefer to take our optional Great Adventure excursion! Overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River, heading towards the waterfalls area and enjoying plentiful rapids along the way. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall. Please note: if you choose to take this optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have limited mobility.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, take an excursion to the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls. Cross the border to Iguazu Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest forest reserves in South America! Ride the rainforest elevator down to the bottom of the waterfall, stopping at river level to take in the spectacular views! Alternatively, ascend to Salto Floreano viewpoint for a different perspective. Next, continue to Iguazu River Canyon and see the Rivadavia Waterfall and Tres Musqueteros. End the tour at the lower Devil's Throat Viewpoint, for incredible scenery and views of the rainbows created by the thundering falls! Return to your hotel on the Argentinan side and continue enjoying the delights of Iguazu at your leisure. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Continue your South American adventure today as you transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Get settled in before spending the rest of the day at your leisure, soaking up the vibrant atmosphere and gorgeous landscapes. Take a walk along the beachside promenade to watch the locals playing football on Copacabana or Ipanema beach. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the famous Cerro de Corcovado and admire the famous and immense stone sculpture, Christ of the Redeemer, sculptured by Francés Paul Landowski and considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Afterwards, explore the Sambodromo, home of Rio Carnival, the Selaron Steps and the exterior of the Maracana Stadium. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, or alternatively, we recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain.* Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. Sadly, it's time to bring your journey through South America to a close. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a return flight back to the US. Night on board.
Accommodation: 9 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Cyan Americas Towers Hotel, Dazzler by Wyndham Buenos Aires Maipú, Esplendor by Wyndham Buenos Aires, Howard Johnson Plaza Florida, Savoy Hotel Buenos Aires.
Included activity for day 3
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Buenos Aires City Tour
Set off on a 3-hour city tour of Buenos Aires today! Visit the glamorous neighborhoods of Recoleta and Palermo and see Plaza de Mayo and Casa Rosada. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral and explore Puerto Madero, San Telmoa and the La Boca neighborhood.
Not included: Entry to Recoleta Cemetery not included
Included activity for day 6
Duration 07:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:15 Approx
Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls Excursion
Spend the day exploring the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls, including the Devil's Throat viewpoint and walk along a series of footbridges to get up close to the thundering falls!
Not included: Entrance fee
Included activity for day 6
Duration 07:00h Approx. Pick up time: 06:40 Approx
Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls Excursion
Experience the beauty of the Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side of the border! Explore the beautiful visit Iguazu River Canyon Iguazu Park, take in the views from Salto Floreano viewpoint and visit Iguazu River Canyon.
Not included: Entrance fee
Included activity for day 9
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Rio de Janeiro City Tour & Corcovado Mountain
Visit the famous Corcovado Mountain, home to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue and soak up the views of Rio de Janeiro below. Afterwards, descend from the hills to see the exterior of the Maracanã, the Sambódromo and the Selaron Steps.
Suggested activity for day 4 in Buenos Aires
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:15
Half-Day Excursion to the Tigre Delta
Navigate the rivers of the Tigre Delta on this boat excursion, to enjoy wonderful landscapes of the Rio de la Plata. Also, visit the city of San Isidro.
What's included: Transfer/ Guide / Navigation in the Delta
Suggested activity for day 6
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Iguazu Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
Suggested activity for day 10
Sugar Loaf Mountain Excursion
Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departure from the main US airports.
- International flights: US - Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro - US.
- Domestic and International flights: Buenos Aires - Iguazu - Rio de Janeiro. *more information
- 9 nights hotel accommodation in Charm category hotels.See hotels included
- 9 breakfasts.
- Transfers in vehicles with air conditioning.
- Visits as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Specialized guide for each excursion, region or city
National Park entrance fees, tourist citytax, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentation of the internal flights will be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your departure date. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
The maximum checked baggage limit on internal flights is 15kg.
- Entry requirementsPassport must be valid at time of entry. One passport page required.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country if you are staying less than 90 days.
- CurrencyArgentine Peso.
- Electricity220 V.
- HealthVaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended in the case of prolonged travel to areas where there is a high risk of exposure to mosquitoes. Travelers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 03:00.
- Other useful informationMate is a national symbol that is associated with hospitality and social gathering.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.argentina.travel/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Argentina & Brazil 2022
After waiting through the pandemic Exoticca re-delivered this trip as specified. Well planned and laid out documents, assistance through the Covid regulations made simple. Local guides supported us from start to finish in our language. Particular mention to Gus in Iguazu and Anderson in Rio.