Explore the natural wonders and undiscovered lands of Vietnam as you travel off the beaten track from the bustling capital of Hanoi to the lush Central Highlands and historic Ho Chi Minh City. Cruise overnight on magical Ha Long Bay, discover the cultures of rural Buon Ma Thuot, experience the beaches of Nha Trang and the sunsets and sand dunes of Mui Ne.
Ready to explore the natural wonders and vibrant culture of Vietnam? Head to your departure airport to check-in for an overnight flight to Hanoi. Night on board.
* If your flight arrives in Hanoi in the early hours of the morning, and you wish to have your room available before 2:00 p.m, you can book early check-in in the next step of the booking process.
Touch down in Hanoi, the Vietnamese capital and a city filled with glistening lakes, shaded boulevards, colonial architecture and bustling, moped-filled streets. Meet your local guide at the airport and transfer to the city, enjoying a brief orientation tour along the way. Arrive at the hotel, check-in, and enjoy the remainder of the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a guided tour of the city’s highlights. Visit the Ethnology Museum to learn about Vietnam's 54 ethnic groups and the richness and diversity of Vietnamese culture and enjoy a bowl of traditional Pho soup for lunch, considered the national dish and voted as one of the worlds 50 best dishes. In the afternoon discover the Old Quarter on an exciting walking tour. Visit the Heritage House, a traditional house built around the end of the 19th century and now preserved as a point of interest with exhibitions providing information on the history of Hanoi city as well as showcasing the lifestyle of the former inhabitants. The rest of the day is free at your leisure. We recommend an optional visit to a local home with dinner to get to know more about life in Hanoi from an authentic Vietnamese family.* Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Local Home Visit with Dinner: Get to know a local family personally as you spend an evening enjoying warm Vietnamese hospitality at a family home in Hanoi. Understand more about Vietnamese culture and traditions whilst feasting on tasty traditional homemade food.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, getting to know vibrant Hanoi at your own pace, exploring its authentic neighbourhoods or shopping for souvenirs. We recommend an optional excursion to Ninh Binh City.* Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Full-Day Ninh Binh Excursion: Set off to the region of Ninh Binh, famous for its karst mountains and misty caves. Take a rowing boat along the natural canals of the Thung Nham Valley and explore a number of mystical caves along the way. Stop at a local restaurant for lunch before continuing to Mua Cave, where a 20-minute climb rewards you with breathtaking views of the Tam Coc landscape.
Please note: There are 465 steps to the peak of Mua Cave. It is not suitable for small children or those with reduced mobility.
After breakfast at the hotel, set off by road to Ha Long Bay or Lan Ha Bay (depending on the selected boat) one of Vietnam's most iconic UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Here, thousands of spectacular limestone islets and grottoes rise from the clear emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. Board your cruise boat and enjoy a welcome drink as you settle in on board. As the boat begins to cruise throughout the stone islets, enjoy lunch as you take in the amazing landscapes and see the floating villages and beaches of Ha Long Bay. Stop at one of the floating fishing villages and take some time to relax on the sundeck. The boat continues to a quiet overnight area as you enjoy dinner and an evening on board at your leisure. Overnight on board in Ha Long Bay.
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change without prior notice due to weather conditions or local administration regulations and is dependent on the selected cruise ship.
Enjoy brunch on board as the boat sails past the captivating scenery of the bay. Return to the wharf and disembark mid-morning before transferring to Hanoi, a journey of approximately 3 hours. From here, continue to Noi Bai airport. Take an evening flight to Buon Ma Thuot. Set in the heart of Vietnam’s picturesque Central Highlands, Buon Ma Thuot is the coffee capital of Vietnam and is home to majestic waterfalls and dense forests and is known for the authentic cultural traditions of its ethnic groups. Meet your local guide at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Buon Ma Thuot.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, drive out to Lak Lake, one of the largest natural freshwater lakes in Vietnam. Located at an altitude of 500 metres above sea level, the lake is home to the M’nong minority community who live in distinctive traditional longhouses. On the way, visit a coffee farm and Ede Village to understand the local way of life and their unique customs. At Lak Lake meet the M'Nong community at Jun Village and enjoy a traditional lunch to sample the local delicacies. In the afternoon, explore the waterfalls of Draynur and Dray Sap, the largest and most spectacular in Vietnam's Central Highlands. Overnight stay in Buon Ma Thuot.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave Buon Ma Thuot this morning to discover a rubber tree plantation on your way to Nha Trang, an idyllic beach resort area on Vietnam's southern coast. Arrive in the early afternoon and enjoy the stunning white sandy beaches, the abundance of marine life and the thriving coral reefs. Visit Po Nagar Tower, a medieval Cham temple, still actively used for worship by Cham, Chinese and Vietnamese Buddhists, before transferring to the hotel and enjoying the rest of the day at your leisure. Relish the beautiful views of the South China Sea or experience the local nightlife. Overnight stay in Nha Trang.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a leisurely free day in beautiful Nha Trang, sunbathing, swimming in the sea or simply relaxing at your own pace. We recommend an optional day cruise to discover the diverse off-shore islands.* Overnight stay in Nha Trang.
* Optional Nha Trang Bay Cruise with lunch: Board a deluxe wooden boat and start cruising through the spectacular landscape of Nha Trang Bay, passing the Tam and Mot Islands. Stop at a mini beach on Mieu Island where you can either go swimming, kayaking, snorkelling or simply relax. After lunch, we visit a local fish farm and experience a unique basket boat ride around the fishing village.
Breakfast at the hotel. Hit the road this morning, headed for Mui Ne, a journey of approximately 4 hours along one of the country's most scenic coastal roads. Along the way, pass stunning lagoons, salt fields, majestic sand dunes and vast wind power farms. On arrival in Mui Ne, visit the incredible White Sand Dune, nicknamed, 'Little Sahara Desert' and explore a local fishing village. Transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, watching the local kitesurfers and sailing boats or taking in the impressive sunset views. Overnight stay in Mui Ne.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, enjoying quiet strolls along the serene beachfront, sampling the local cuisine, or exploring the vast sand dunes that border the coastline. Overnight stay in Mui Ne.
Breakfast at the hotel. Relish another day at your leisure in beautiful Mui Ne. Why not visit one of the local temples, such as Hoi Tinh or Phuoc Thien Pagoda or go shopping in bustling Mui Ne Market. Overnight stay in Mui Ne.
Breakfast at the hotel. Bid farewell to the paradise shores of Mui Ne today as you set off for Ho Chi Minh City, once known as the 'Pearl of Indochina'. Spend the afternoon exploring the fusion of Vietnamese, Chinese and French cultures, on a half-day tour. Visit the moving War Remnants Museum, which presents a fascinating view of the Vietnam-America War, and the Reunification Palace. Appreciate the eclectic architecture of Notre Dame Cathedral and the impressive Central Post Office, designed by the architect Gustav Eiffel. Conclude the tour at the bustling Ben Thanh Market, where you can experience the bustling atmosphere of local life in Ho Chi Minh. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the morning at your leisure, getting to know Ho Chi Minh City, commonly known as Saigon and a city of immense historical significance. We recommend an optional full-day excursion to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels & Mekong Delta.*
* Optional Full-day Cu Chi Tunnels & Mekong Delta Excursion: Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi, dug in 1948 for guerrillas to escape the bombardment of French forces. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of these incredible tunnels. Afterwards, set off for the Mekong Delta, stopping to enjoy tasty local delicacies for lunch. Arrive at the waterfront pier and hop on a motorboat to take in the Delta scenery, including houses built on stilts and local fish farms along the way. Disembark the boat and explore a tranquil islet on foot. Take a leisurely walk along shady and palm-fringed trails observing rural life along the way. You will also have the chance to visit a family-run coconut business where they make coconut candy directly in front of the pier.
Breakfast at the hotel.* Enjoy your final moments in Vietnam, doing some last-minute souvenir shopping or revisiting your favourite Vietnamese dishes before it's time to head home. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to Canada.** Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
16 days trip including flights*
14 days and 13 nights in destination
YTO - HAN
YTO - HAN
Ha Long Bay
Buon Ma Thuot
Buon Ma Thuot
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
SGN - YTO
SGN - YTO
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Adamas, Larosa, Lenid Tho Nhuom.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** The itinerary of the Ha Long Bay cruise is subject to change without notice due to weather or local government regulations and depends on the selected ship.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
The highlights for me were the Ha Long Bay cruise, the Angkor Wat temples and surprisingly the rickshaw ride through the busy streets of Hanoi. Although having said that I loved it all. There was such a variety included.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 31 August 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.