Indonesia in 11 Days
Balinese Temples & Beach Getaway
Discover the natural and cultural treasures of Bali, the 'Island of the Gods'. Begin your adventure in Ubud, soaking up the bohemian atmosphere amidst a paradise of verdant rice paddies and rainforests. Discover spectacular views of Mount Batur and the ancient temple of Pura Besakih before heading to Benoa, where you can surrender to the tranquillity of its idyllic white-sand beaches.
11 days trip including flights*
9 days and 8 nights in destination
YTO - DPS
YTO - DPS
YTO - DPS
DPS - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your Canadian departure airport, ready to catch a flight to the paradise island of to Bali. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Continue your journey to Bali. Due to the time difference, you will lose a day on the outward journey, but you will gain it back on your return journey. You are not in-flight for two days.
Arrive in Bali and transfer to the hotel in Ubud, a vibrant town in the Balinese uplands, known for its artistic heritage and surrounded by verdant rice paddies and rainforests. The rest of the day is free to rest after your travels and start discovering the delights of the 'Island of Gods'. Overnight stay in Ubud.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a full-day tour in and around Ubud to discover the unique cultural heritage of Bali and the picturesque natural landscapes. Head to the town of Stone Carvers, Batu Bulan, to witness the colorful and exciting dance of Barong & Kris, which tells the story about the eternal struggle between good and evil, an Indian epic and an integral part of Balinese mythology. Next, visit Mas, the village of woodcarvers, to see artisans working on their creative designs; true works of art. Head northeast across the coast, surrounded by imposing mountains, to visit the Elephant Cave or Goa Gajah, a complex built in the eleventh century home to detailed sculptures of mythological creatures. The next stop is Kintamani to enjoy the spectacular views of Mount Batur, with its black lava that descends from the sacred crater to the valley where Lake Batur rests, lying serene and bright at the foot of the mountains. Finally, visit the town of Celuk, famous for its beautiful works of goldsmithing and handmade silverware. Return to Ubud and transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Ubud.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, relax at your leisure. Why not explore the local markets or indulge in a rejuvenating Balinese massage. If you are feeling adventurous, we recommend an optional river rafting excursion.* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Ayung River Rafting Excursion: Take a rafting adventure on the Ayung River! An unforgettable journey through the tropical rainforest past beautiful waterfalls. Lunch included. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure. We recommend exploring the tranquil rainforests or visiting the local Hindu temples and shrines. Alternatively, we suggest taking an optional mountain biking excursion to enjoy the landscapes from a different perspective.* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Mountain Biking Excursion: From the mountainside, ride along quiet roads past various villages. Enjoy an impression of traditional Balinese life and the beautiful nature. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today enjoy a day trip to Pura Besakih, the oldest temple in Bali, located at the foot of Mount Agung. Along the way, visit the Kerta Gosa Pavillion in Klungkung, dating back to pre-colonial times and the village of Penglipuran, home to an indigenous community. Also, discover the sacred bats of Goa Lawah Cave and the black beaches of Kusamba for a fantastic overview of the must-see sights in the region. Transfer to the Benoa peninsula, on the southeast coast of the island. Check-in at the hotel and begin to settle into your idyllic surroundings of palm-fringed, white-sand beaches. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, basking in the Balinese sunshine or exploring at your own pace. We recommend an optional city tour of Denpasar to discover the unique and diverse atmosphere of the city, which fuses traditional Balinese culture and modernity.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Denpasar City Tour: Explore Badung Traditional Market, for a taste of the local culture and delve into the spiritual side of the city at Jagatnatha Temple. Learn more about the island at the fascinating Bali Museum and admire the Bajra Shandi Monument, a monument dedicated to the struggles of the Balinese people throughout history. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. We recommend visiting Uluwatu Temple, one of the most emblematic monuments of Bali, located on top of a cliff surrounded by coastal forest. It is an unmissable experience to contemplate the beautiful sunset over the Indian Ocean from this viewpoint. Consider enjoying one of our optional excursions.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Nusa Lembongan Snorkeling Excursion: Set off to Nusa Lembongan around 8:00 a.m. for an exciting day of snorkelling in the warm, abundant waters. Enjoy an included lunch on the boat and discover the rich marine life in the open waters. All snorkelling equipment is provided. (Min. 2 pax)
* Optional Sunset Dinner Cruise: Spend a tropical evening onboard a boat whilst taking in the spectacular sunset and enjoying a refreshing cocktail and international buffet. A live cabaret show on board will keep you entertained as you cruise away the evening. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. A day at your leisure to continue enjoying the idyllic white-sand beaches of Benoa. Take a walk along its extensive shoreline or a dip in the crystal clear warm waters. We recommend an optional tour to Mengwi, Jatiluwih, Kedaton and Tanah Lot.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Mengwi, Jatiluwih, Kedaton and Tanah Lot Excursion: Enjoy an afternoon tour of Taman Ayun Temple in Mengwi followed by the rice terraces of Jatiluwih and the local market in Bedugul. Pass through the exotic Monkey Forest in Kedaton before ending the tour at the iconic Tanah Lot Temple, built on a rock in the Indian Ocean. Lunch included. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for your return flight back to Canada.** Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** If your return flight departs in the afternoon, it is possible that your arrival in Canada will be the next day and the total duration of your trip will be 12 days.
Included activity for day 4 in Ubud
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Full-Day In & Around Ubud Excursion
Discover the delights of this region on a full-day tour. See a dance performance at Batu Bulan, meet the local wood carvers and visit Goa Gajah Elephant Cave. Enjoy the spectacular views of Mount Batur and admire the beautiful rice fields of Tegallalang.
Included activity for day 7 in Benoa
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Besakih & Penglipuran Tour
Enjoy a day tour to Pura Besakih, the oldest temple in Bali and the indigenous village of Penlipuran. Discover natural attractions, such as rice paddies and Goa Lawah Cave, along the way. Lunch included.
Suggested activity for day 5 in Bali
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Ayung River Rafting
Take a rafting adventure on the Ayung River! An unforgettable journey through the tropical rainforest past beautiful waterfalls. Lunch included. Min. 2 pax
What's included: Lunch included
Suggested activity for day 6
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Mountain Biking Excursion
Starting from the Kali Opak Bridge, a guide will take you around Prambanan to see beautiful rice fields, plantations and to visit a village and a tobacco factory. Also explore the charming Plaosan temple.
Suggested activity for day 8 in Bali
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Denpasar City Tour
Explore Badung Traditional Market and Jagatnatha Temple. Learn more about the island at the fascinating Bali Museum and admire the Bajra Shandi Monument, a monument dedicated to the struggles of the Balinese people throughout history.
Suggested activity for day 9 in Bali
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 05:00 Approx
Sunset Dinner Cruise
Spend a tropical evening onboard a boat whilst taking in the spectacular sunset and enjoying a refreshing cocktail and international buffet. A live cabaret show on board will keep you entertained as you cruise away the evening.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canadian airports.
- International flights: Canada - Bali - Canada.
- 8 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 8 breakfasts.
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Barong Dance Show.
- English-speaking guide.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the date of entry into Indonesia and must contain at least one blank page for the placement of the Indonesian visa or entry stamp
- VisaVisa not required for stays up to 30 days.
- CurrencyIndonesian Rupiah.
- ElectricityGenerally 220 V, 110V in some areas. An adapter is recommended.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneUTC + 07:00 to UTC + 09:00.
- Other useful informationIndonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.indonesia.travel/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
Children: 2-11 years.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 778 807 9750 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
The holiday was amazing
We really enjoyed all of the tours and appreciated not being in a big group. The local knowledge of the tour guides were excellent.