Ecuador in 10 Days
Luxury Ecuador & Galapagos
An ideal choice for those who want to discover the landscapes of the Andes and Galapagos Islands whilst enjoying the comfort of luxury hotels.
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Travel to Ecuador, discover Quito, the oldest capital in South America and uncover Andean Highlands of Otavalo. Explore the Galapagos Islands and enjoy its spectacular flora and fauna on the island of Santa Cruz. Relax on the paradise beaches and look out for the giant Galapagos tortoise before ending your adventure in vibrant Guayaquil.
10 days trip including flights*
10 days and 9 nights in destination
YTO - UIO
GYE - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at Canadian departure airport ready to check in for a flight to Quito. Arrive in Quito, the capital of Ecuador and a city famed for its high vantage point in the Andean mountains, and its ancient Incan significance. Transfer to your hotel and spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring the relaxed culture of the Ecuadorian Sierra. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, taking some time to enjoy the beautiful climate and natural environment. Overnight stay in Quito.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off towards Otavalo in the Andean Highlands. Once there, take a walking tour of the village where you can enjoy the local market, the largest in the region. Then, continue to the Cotocachi Cayapas Ecological Reserve where is located the Cuicocha lagoon and the Cotacachi Volcano. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Otavalo.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure in Otavalo, relaxing at your own pace or exploring the surrounding highlands and volcanic walking trails. Overnight stay in Otavalo.
Early morning transfer to the airport for a flight to Baltra. Transfer to the hotel and if time allows, free time to start discovering the differents landscapes and wildlife that this island offers. Overnight stay in Santa Cruz.
Breakfast at the hotel. Start the morning with a tour of Academy Bay to discover the abundance of wildlife. Take a boat across the small channel to Academy Bay, also known as La Loberia. You may even be lucky enough to sight sea turtles and the famous Blue-Footed Boobies along the way. Enjoy a guided walk along a path to 'Playa de Los Perros', known for its amazing marine iguanas who rest on the rocks on sunny days. Admire the impressive flora of the bay and enjoy a snorkelling excursion along the shoreline before walking to Las Grietas. Return to Puerto Ayora and enjoy the afternoon at your leisure. Overnight stay in Santa Cruz.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, enjoying the beautiful beaches or the wonderful wildlife. Overnight stay in Santa Cruz.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you have free time to enjoy the hotel facilities like the swimming pool, the private beach, or the spa zones. You can also enjoy an extraordinary culinary experience, surrounded by the gentle sounds of ocean waves and the natural beauty of the islands. Overnight stay in Santa Cruz.
Breakfast at the hotel. Head back to the mainland, with a flight from Baltra. Arrive in Guayaquil, and transfer to your hotel in the city center Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador and is located on the coast. Later, enjoy a walking tour, visiting the Malecon and Las Peñas neighborhood. Overnight stay in Guayaquil.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a return flight back to Canada. Arrive in the Canada and end your trip.
Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
* If your return flight departs in the evening, your arrival in Canada will be the following day and the total duration of your trip will be 11 days.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Quito and Guayaquil - US.
- Domestic flights: Quito - Galapagos and Galapagos - Guayaquil. *more information
- 9 nights accommodation in Superior and Luxury category hotels.See hotels included
- 9 Breakfasts.
- Private transfers.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
Transit control card (TCC)* (20 USD) and entrance to the Galapagos National Park * (100 USD).
* More information can be found in Offer Conditions.
Entrances, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you expect to leave Ecuador. Mandatory travel insurance.
- VisaCanadians do not require a visa for stays of less than 90 days in a 365-day period.
- CurrencyUS Dollar
- ElectricityTypes A and B, 110 V North American type plug
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC -5
- Other useful informationIt is mandatory for tourists to carry a valid health insurance policy.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://ecuador.travel/en/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
At the airport Galapagos passengers must present their transit control card (TCC) with their passport and pay the entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park. Cost: US$100 per person.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
I highly recommend traveling with Exoticca.
The itinerary gives a great overview of the diversity of nature and the people of Ecuador. The time in the Galapagos was the capstone of the trip. It is amazing! Biodiversity means so much more when you can see it yourself up close. Exoticca expertly managed the varied COVID testing requirements.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.