Peru, Chile, Argentina & Brazil in 22 Days
Machu Picchu, Iguazu & Capital Cities
Experience the natural wonders and cultural capitals of South America! Explore the Sacred Valley in Peru and tick magical Machu Picchu off your bucket list. Discover the sights of vibrant Santiago, the capital of Chile before heading to Buenos Aires, known as the 'home of Tango'. Experience the thrill of the Iguazu Falls before ending your adventure in flambouyant Rio de Janeiro.
21 days trip including flights*
20 days and 19 nights in destination
YTO - LIM
YTO - LIM
Santiago de Chile
Santiago de Chile
Santiago de Chile
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
RIO - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check in for a flight* to Lima. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Lima, the capital of Peru, situated on the Pacific Coast. Transfer to the hotel*, and spend the rest of the day exploring the city's colonial streets and magical plazas at your leisure. Overnight stay in Lima.
*If your flight arrives in Lima in the early hours of the morning, and you wish to have your room available before 2:00 p.m, you can book early check-in in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent. Start by exploring the districts of Miraflores and San Isidro before heading to the Historic Center. Visit the impressive Convent of Santo Domingo and walk to the Plaza de Armas to admire the exquisite colonial architecture that surrounds it. Stop in the Parque del Amor, from where you can take beautiful photos of the Peruvian coastline. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley, on the way stop at Awanakancha (no guide, only driver) and savour the opportunity to explore this living museum, where ancient customs and traditions have been preserved across the centuries. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the impressive views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the immaculate scenery of this iconic region. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Breakfast at the hotel. An exciting visit to Machu Picchu awaits you this morning as you set off for the train station to board the Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes, admiring the landscape along the way. Arrive and transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu*, a treasure of Incan heritage and one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Spend some time discovering the ruins and being amazed by the terraces and enjoying a tour of the different sections of the site. Return to Sacred Valley. Arrive and overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Note: The baggage policy on board the Expedition train is 1 bag or backpack per person weighing a maximum of max. 5kg / 11lb.
* Backpacks or bags taken into Machu Picchu must not exceed 40x35x20cms or have a capacity larger than 20Lts and must not contain single-use plastic bottles or bags. Backpacks or bags that exceed the indicated measurements can be left in storage for approx. $2 per bag.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in the Sacred Valley, an area in the Andean Highlands famed as the heart of the ancient Inca Empire. We recommend an optional Sacred Valley Excursion to experience the best of the region. * At the indicated time, take the train back to Cuzco. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Cuzco.
* Optional Essence of the Sacred Valley Excursion: Visit Chinchero and the PARWA Centre, to appreciate the colourful traditional textiles. Next, visit the church of Chinchero before heading to the Racchi panoramic viewpoint for a fantastic view across the valley. Explore Ollantaytambo and its Inca fortress. Lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco' included granting entrance to the Sacred Valley and surrounding sights.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a fascinating half-day tour of Cuzco. Begin in the iconic Plaza de Armas, and visit the Cathedral. From here, walk to the Koricancha Temple, an impressive ancient Inca palace, in honour of the Sun God. Today, a Dominican church stands on the site. Finally, visit the lively San Blas neighbourhood, known for its artists, shops and artisan workshops. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and sampling the local cuisine. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
Breakfast at the hotel. Head back to the Peruvian capital today. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Lima. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the atmospheric city plazas or shopping for souvenirs. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave Peru behind today as you head for Chile! At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Santiago. Arrive in the Chilean capital of Santiago a beautiful city, surrounded by Andean mountains with a charming historic centre. Transfer to the hotel and get some rest ready to discover the city the following morning. Overnight stay in Santiago.
Breakfast at the hotel. The day is all yours to explore and relax at your own pace. Culture vultures will love the city's eclectic collection of museums. The Museum of Pre-Colombian Art is simply amazing, with artefacts and art from all across South America. On the other hand, you could make like a local and have a long, leisurely lunch whilst people watching in one of the plazas. We recommend an optional excursion to Vina del Mar and Valparaiso.* Overnight stay in Santiago.
* Optional Excursion to Vina del Mar & Valparaiso: Vist Vina del Mar and Valparaíso, two coastal cities located just 90 minutes from Santiago. Valparaiso is known for its vibrant cultural scene whilst Vina del Mar, which was originally a wine-making region, is today the most popular resort in Chile.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off for the capital today! At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrive in Buenos Aires, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an included tour of the chic city of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul-stirring history, the colorful district of La Boca, the famous Obelisk, a symbol of the Argentine capital, and Casa Rosada where Madonna performed the hit song 'Don't cry for me Argentina!' in 1996. The tour finishes in the neighborhood of Palermo, the largest in the city. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Buenos Aires. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the vibrant atmosphere, admire the architecture of its colonial buildings and sample the delicious national cuisine. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu, home of the mighty Iguazu Falls! On arrival, transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free at your leisure. If your arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or simply relaxing in this pristine natural setting. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on an exciting excursion. Take the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-meter high sheer drop. Walk across a number of bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating the spectacular landscape of rainbows, birds, exotic plants and trees. To experience more of this incredible environment, we recommend an optional Great Adventure excursion.* Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take this optional excursion, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a different perspective of the falls today as you visit the Brazillian side of the Iguazu Falls, one of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World. Stroll along the well-placed viewing trails and enjoy a spectacular panorama of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro, the vibrant Brazilian capital in the shadow of Christ the Redeemer. Transfer to your hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day on an included city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. Visit the famous Corcovado Mountain, home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer is more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic Christ the Redeemer; an immense rock statue built by the sculptor Francés Paul Landowski. Descend from the hills to enjoy a visit to Maracanã and the Sambódromo, where the annual Rio Carnival takes place. Also, visit the famous Selaron Steps. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for an unforgettable view across the city. * Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bring your unforgettable South American adventure to an end. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for the flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
Accommodation: 19 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Arawi Miraflores Express, Arte Hotel Lima, Casa Andina Standard Benavides, Casa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro, El Tambo Uno, Habitat Hotel, Hotel San Antonio Abad, Ibis Lima Reducto Miraflores, Los Girasoles, Mercure Ariosto Lima, Tambo Dos de Mayo.
Included activity for day 3 in Lima
Duration 03:30h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
City Tour of Colonial and Modern Lima
Enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent.
Included activity for day 5 in Machu Picchu
Duration 01:30h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Visit to Machu Picchu by Expedition or Voyager Train
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, a true wonder of the world! Discover these ancient Inca ruins, perched high in the Andes, for a truly unforgettable experience!
Included activity for day 7 in Cuzco
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 14:00 Approx
Half-Day Cuzco Tour
Begin your tour in the Plaza de Armas and visit the Cathedral, Koricancha Temple and the San Blas Neighbourhood.
Included activity for day 10
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
City Tour of Santiago
Discover the top landmarks and history of Santiago on this guided tour to better understand Chilean culture.
Suggested activity for day 5
Upgrade: Go and Return 360° train to Aguas Calientes
Upgrade to the 360° train to Aguas Calientes which has an open-air observatory wagon with bar and higher and wider panoramic windows.
Suggested activity for day 5
Upgrade: Outgoing on Expedition Train and return on Vistadome Train
Upgrade to the Expedition Train on your outbound journey and the Vistadome Train for your return journey. These have fully panoramic windows and windows in the roof, allowing you to enjoy excellent views of the landscape. Light snack on board included.
Suggested activity for day 6 in Sacred Valley
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:00 Approx
The Essence of the Sacred Valley (with lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco')
Full day excursion to the Sacred Valley including Ollantaytambo, PARWA Traditional Textiles Centre and Chinchero. Lunch and BTCP included.
Suggested activity for day 11
Valparaíso & Viña del Mar Excursion
Vist Vina del Mar and Valparaíso, two coastal cities located just 90 minutes from Santiago. Valparaiso is known for its vibrant cultural scene whilst Vina del Mar, which was originally a wine-making region, is today the most popular resort in Chile.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canadian airports.
- International flights: Canada - Lima, Rio de Janeiro - Canada.
- International flights: Lima - Cuzco, Cuzco - Lima, Lima - Santiago, Santiago - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguazu, Iguazu - Rio de Janeiro. *more information
- Train Journey from Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes on board the Expedition Train. *more information
- 19 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 19 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Tourist City Tax, National Park Entrance Fees (approximately $35), drinks, tips and any other service not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
If you are interested in traveling on a date not included on our departures calendar, please contact our Customer Service Department.
We strongly recommend you consult your healthcare provider regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you expect to leave Peru.
- VisaNo visa required.
- CurrencyPeruvian Sol.
- Electricity220V, 60 Hz.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.peru.travel/en-ca/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 778 807 9750 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Argentina & Brazil 2022
After waiting through the pandemic Exoticca re-delivered this trip as specified. Well planned and laid out documents, assistance through the Covid regulations made simple. Local guides supported us from start to finish in our language. Particular mention to Gus in Iguazu and Anderson in Rio.