Chile, Argentina & Brazil in 19 Days
Atacama, Iguazu & Capital Cities
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
An unforgettable journey through South America! Explore Santiago and soak up the views from St. Lucia Hill before heading to San Pedro de Atacama to discover the landscapes of the Los Flamencos National Reserve and the Valley of the Moon. Stroll through the neighborhoods of Buenos Aires in Argentina, experience the mighty Iguazu Falls and feel the rhythm of Rio de Janeiro.
19 days trip including flights*
17 days and 16 nights in destination
YTO - SCL
YTO - SCL
Santiago de Chile
Santiago de Chile
San Pedro Atacama
San Pedro Atacama
San Pedro Atacama
Santiago de Chile
Santiago de Chile
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
RIO - YTO
RIO - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
It's time to explore the diverse landscapes, cultures and breathtaking natural beauty of South America. Arrive at your Canadian departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Santiago, Chile. Night on board.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
It's time to live the good life in South America! Arrive in Santiago a beautiful city, surrounded by Andean mountains with a charming historic centre. Transfer to the hotel and get some rest ready to discover the city the following morning. Overnight stay in Santiago.
After breakfast at the hotel, embark on a fascinating panoramic tour of Santiago. Begin your discovery on the main avenue, soaking up the atmosphere and history. Head to the cobblestoned neighbourhood of Lastarria, filled with green spaces and 19th-century mansions. Continue up to Santa Lucia Hill where you'll have some time to take photos of the amazing views and the Hidalgo Castle. Next up, explore the most emblematic sights in the city such as the Plaza de Armas, Santiago Cathedral, the La Moneda government house and the impressive Plaza de la Constitucion. See local life in action at the Central Market before stopping at a Lapis Lazuli store to admire the beautiful crafts and jewellery of local artisans. Return to the hotel and the remainder of the day is free at your leisure to explore or relax as you please. Join the locals in the historic plazas of the city for an evening drink! Overnight stay in Santiago.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to airport for flight to Calama. On arrival, transfer to San Pedro de Atacama situated in the dusty plateaus of the Andean mountains. Arrive at the hotel and, depending on your arrival time, begin exploring this town at your leisure, set within the breath-taking natural scenery of the Atacama Desert. Overnight stay in San Pedro de Atacama.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the morning at your leisure. We recommend an optional excursion to the Tatio Geysers and Machua.* In the afternoon set off on an excursion to the Valley of the Moon. In the heart of the Los Flamencos National Reserve, this unique landscape is filled with unique rock and sand formations that create a lunar-like appearance. Also explore the Valley of Death, with its breathtaking views of the Andes and settle in for a beautiful spectacle as the sunlight slowly fades below the horizon, casting amazing silhouettes and red tones across the valley at sunset. Return to San Pedro de Atacama for an overnight stay.
* Optional Tatio Geysers & Machuca Excursion: Take an excursion to the beautiful Altiplano, seeing off early to see the sunrise over the geothermal field of the Tatio Geysers, where 70 fumaroles emerge from the ground in jets of steam and water. Also visit the village of Machuca, home to traditional straw houses and artisans selling traditional Andean crafts and delicacies. Breakfast included.
After a leisurely breakfast, enjoy a free day to relax at your own pace or get out into the other-worldly landscapes of the Atacama desert to explore further. We recommend visiting the beautiful Altiplanic lagoons, a true natural spectacle. Overnight stay in San Pedro de Atacama.
* Optional Altiplanic Lagoons Excursion: Climb to the magnificent Salar de Aguas Calientes, famous for its red stones and visit the Altiplanic lagoons of Miscanti and Miniques, home to a multitude of wildlife. Afterwards, explore Chaxa Lagoon and the Andean town of Toconao to get to know local life in this unique environment. Lunch included.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to Calama Airport to catch a flight back to the capital of Santiago. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to enjoy the city atmosphere, go shopping for souvenirs or simply soak up the beautiful views of the Andes, visible from most parts of the city. Overnight stay in Santiago.
Breakfast at the hotel. The day is all yours to explore and relax at your own pace. Culture vultures will love the city's eclectic collection of museums. The Museum of Pre-Colombian Art is simply amazing, with artefacts and art from all across South America. On the other hand, you could make like a local and have a long, leisurely lunch whilst people watching in one of the plazas. We recommend an optional excursion to Vina del Mar and Valparaiso.* Overnight stay in Santiago.
* Optional Excursion to Vina del Mar & Valparaiso: Vist Vina del Mar and Valparaíso, two coastal cities located just 90 minutes from Santiago. Valparaiso is known for its vibrant cultural scene whilst Vina del Mar, which was originally a wine-making region, is today the most popular resort in Chile.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off for the capital today! At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrive in Buenos Aires, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, get to know the capital on a city tour of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul-stirring history, the colorful district of La Boca, the famous Obelisk, a symbol of the Argentine capital, and Casa Rosada where Madonna performed the hit song 'Don't cry for me Argentina!' in 1996. The tour finishes in the upmarket neighborhood of Palermo, the largest in the city. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Buenos Aires. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the vibrant atmosphere, admire the architecture of its colonial buildings and sample the delicious national cuisine. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu, home of the mighty Iguazu Falls! On arrival, transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free at your leisure. If your arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or simply relaxing in this pristine natural setting. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on an exciting excursion. Take the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-meter high sheer drop. Walk across a number of bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating the spectacular landscape of rainbows, birds, exotic plants and trees. To experience more of this incredible environment, we recommend an optional Great Adventure excursion.* Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle on the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. Follow a 5-km jungle trail until reaching Puerto Macuco, where you'll board a boat on the Lower Iguazu River and head towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides of Iguazu, crowned by the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting moment arrives as the boat passes by the huge San Martín waterfall! If you choose to take this optional excursion, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a different perspective of the falls today as you visit the Brazillian side of the spectacular Iguazu Falls, one of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World. Stroll on the well-placed viewing trails that border the edge of the falls and enjoy a spectacular panorama of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to enjoy the natural environment or facilities at your hotel. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro, the vibrant Brazilian capital in the shadow of Christ the Redeemer. Transfer to your hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day on a city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. Visit the famous Corcovado Mountain, home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer measures more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic statue and soak up the views of Rio de Janeiro below. Afterwards, descend from the hills to see the exterior of the Maracanã and the Sambódromo, where the annual Rio Carnival takes place. Also, visit the colorful Selaron Steps. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. Spend the day lounging at the beach or perhaps explore Rio's museums and art galleries. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for an unforgettable view across the city. * Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bring your unforgettable South American adventure to an end. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for the flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: RQ Santa Magdalena, Torremayor Lyon.
Included activity for day 3
Duration 03:30h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
City Tour of Santiago
Discover the top landmarks and history of Santiago on this guided tour to better understand Chilean culture.
Included activity for day 5
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 15:00 Approx
Excursion to the Valley of the Moon and Death Valley
We head to the driest desert in the world to see the geological spectacle of the Valley of the Moon. We continue to the Valley of Death, where we admire the impressive golden and reddish tones of the sunset over the desert
Included activity for day 10
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Buenos Aires City Tour
Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada.
Included activity for day 13
Duration 02:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Excursion to Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls
Take the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-meter high sheer drop. Walk across a number of bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 5
Tatio Geysers & Machuca Excursion
Head to the Altiplano, setting off early to see the sunrise over the geothermal field of the Tatio Geysers, where 70 fumaroles emerge from the ground in jets of steam and water. Breakfast included. Entrances not included.
Suggested activity for day 6
Altiplanic Lagoons Excursion
Visit Chaxa Lagoon, home to flamingos and birdlife, and the lagoons of Miscanti and Miñique, surrounded by volcanoes. Also see the red stones of the Salar de Aguas Calientes. Lunch included. Entrances not included.
Suggested activity for day 8
Valparaíso & Viña del Mar Excursion
Vist Vina del Mar and Valparaíso, two coastal cities located just 90 minutes from Santiago. Valparaiso is known for its vibrant cultural scene whilst Vina del Mar, which was originally a wine-making region, is today the most popular resort in Chile.
Suggested activity for day 13
Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canadian airports.
- International flights: Canada - Santiago, Rio de Janeiro - Canada.
- Internal flights: Santiago - Calama, Calama - Santiago, Santiago - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguazu, Iguazu - Rio de Janeiro. *more information
- Train ride to the Garganta del Diablo (The Devils Throat).
- 16 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 16 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Entrances, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
If you are interested in traveling on a date not included on our departures calendar, please contact our Customer Service Department.
We strongly recommend you consult your healthcare provider regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid must be valid for the duration of your stay in Chile.
- VisaVisa not required.
- Electricity220V. Adapter required in certain parts of the country.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations.
- Time zoneUTC - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://chile.travel/en
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or canceled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Argentina & Brazil 2022
After waiting through the pandemic Exoticca re-delivered this trip as specified. Well planned and laid out documents, assistance through the Covid regulations made simple. Local guides supported us from start to finish in our language. Particular mention to Gus in Iguazu and Anderson in Rio.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.