Argentina & Brazil in 14 Days
South American Cities & Wonders
Travel to the land of the tango and explore the elegant neighbourhoods and exquisite cuisine of Buenos Aires. Fall in love with the landscape of the Iguazu Falls. Discover exciting Patagonia and enjoy the famous ever-changing icy glaciers of El Calafate before enjoying the rhythm of vibrant Rio de Janeiro.
14 days trip including flights*
13 days and 12 nights in destination
YTO - EZE
YTO - EZE
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
RIO - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at your Canadian departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Buenos Aires. Night on board.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrival in Buenos Aires*, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
* You can book Early Check-In in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an included tour of the chic city of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul and history, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada where the artist Madonna performed the hit song "Do not cry for me Argentina" in 1996. Night at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the local atmosphere, and the architecture of the colonial buildings and the delicious cuisine. Night at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to El Calafate. Transfer to the hotel and night at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart for the Glacier National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, covering an area of 1,482,632 acres. Marvel at this majestic Patagonian Ice Field and its famous natural wonder, the Perito Moreno Glacier. From Puerto Bajo Las Sombras, navigate to the Perito Moreno Glacier on the waters of Lake Rico. Once in front of the impressive wall of ice, the boat stops a few minutes to appreciate the landscape in more detail. Night at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure. We suggest a excursion to the Upsala Glacier, one of the largest glaciers in the southern hemisphere. Make the most of the area that includes extraordinary natural glaciers, beautiful lakes and soaring mountains. Night at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazú. Transfer to the hotel and night at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where an lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 262 feet high sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst taking in the spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees.* Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
* Optional additional excursion: Iguazu Great Adventure. Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 3 mile long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At the dock, board a boat that sails into the Lower Iguazu River for up to 3.7 miles, heading towards the waterfalls. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall. Together, they make up the largest waterfall system in the world. The falls divide the river into the upper and lower Iguazu. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at hotel. Visit the Brazillian side of the Iguazu Falls, one of the world's Seven Natural Wonders. Walk on the trails and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Transfer to your hotel and the night in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at hotel. Spend the day taking an included city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the famous Christ the Redeemer statue.Visit the famous Corcovado mountain, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer is more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic Christ the Redeemer; an immense rock statue built by the sculptor Francés Paul Landowski. Descend from the hills to enjoy a visit to Maracanã and a visit to the Sambódromo, where the Rio Carnival takes place yearly. Also, visit the famous Selaron Steps. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for a great view across the city.* Overnight stay.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to Canada.
* Depending on your departure time your flight may arrive one day later to Canada.
Accommodation: 12 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Carles Hotel Buenos Aires, Dazzler by Wyndham Buenos Aires Maipú, Huinid Obelisco, Savoy Hotel Buenos Aires.
Included activity for day 3
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Buenos Aires City Tour
Set off on a 3-hour city tour of Buenos Aires today! Visit the glamorous neighborhoods of Recoleta and Palermo and see Plaza de Mayo and Casa Rosada. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral and explore Puerto Madero, San Telmoa and the La Boca neighborhood.
Not included: Entry to Recoleta Cemetery not included
Included activity for day 6
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Full-Day Perito Moreno Excursion
Journey to the amazing Perito Moreno, the most famous glacier in the world! Begin the day with a walk through the Patagonian Andean forest, stopping at the Curva de los Suspiros viewpoint. Next, get up close tp the glacier up-close on a series of walkways.
Not included: Entrance fee
Included activity for day 6
Perito Moreno Boat Safari
Board a boat at Bajo de las Sombras Bay to enjoy a boat trip to contemplate the sheer natural beauty of the glacier's southern wall, a truly unforgettable experience and a highlight of any trip to Patagonia!
Included activity for day 9
Duration 07:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:15 Approx
Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls Excursion
Spend the day exploring the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls, including the Devil's Throat viewpoint and walk along a series of footbridges to get up close to the thundering falls!
Not included: Entrance fee
Suggested activity for day 9
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Iguazu Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
Suggested activity for day 13
Sugar Loaf Mountain Excursion
Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departure from the main Canadian airports.
- International flights: Canada - Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro - Canada.
- Domestic flights: Buenos Aires - El Calafate - Iguazú Falls - Rio de Janeiro. *more information
- Train ride to the Garganta del Diablo (The Devils Throat).
- 12 nights hotel accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 12 Breakfasts.
- Transfers in vehicles with air conditioning.
- Visits as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Specialized guide for each excursion, region or city
National Park entrance fees, tourist citytax, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentartion of the internal flights will be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" before 14 days before your departure date. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
Maximum checked baggage limit on internal flights is 15kg.
You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book throught Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for the expected duration of your stay in Argentina.
- VisaVisa not required.
- CurrencyArgentine Peso.
- Electricity220 V. Adapter required.
- HealthVaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended in the case of prolonged travel to areas where there is a high risk of exposure to mosquitoes. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 03:00.
- Other useful informationMate is a national symbol that is associated with hospitality and social gathering.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.argentina.travel/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 778 807 9750 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Argentina & Brazil 2022
After waiting through the pandemic Exoticca re-delivered this trip as specified. Well planned and laid out documents, assistance through the Covid regulations made simple. Local guides supported us from start to finish in our language. Particular mention to Gus in Iguazu and Anderson in Rio.