Poland in 9 Days
Jewels of Poland
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Travel to Poland to learn about its fascinating medieval legacy. Fall in love with Warsaw, a city that blends history and modernity perfectly. Explore ancient Sandomierz, known for its atmospheric Old Town and Zakopane, in the foothills of the Tatras Mountains. Stroll through Krakow, one of Europe's most beautiful medieval city centres and take a poignant excursion to Auschwitz.
9 days trip including flights*
8 days and 7 nights in destination
YTO - WAW
YTO - WAW
KRK - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your Canadian departure airport, ready to board a flight to Warsaw. Night on board.
Arrive in Warsaw, the capital of Poland and home to a vast array of architecture, showcasing its turbulent history. Gothic cathedrals stand side-by-side with Soviet-era blocks and modern skyscrapers. Transfer to the hotel. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Warsaw.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, set off on a tour of Warsaw to discover the most important landmarks in the city. Begin in the Old City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to admire the architecture before heading to the New City. See the impressive Krasinscy Palace, the Palace of Justice and the poignant Warsaw Uprising Monument. Continue to the Royal Lazienki Park to admire the summer residence of the final King of Poland before taking some free time to relax in nature at the famous Chopin Monument. Enjoy the remainder of the day to explore the city at your own pace. We recoomend to enjoy the Chopin's concert in a unique concert hall*. Overnight stay in Warsaw.
* Optional Chopin's concert in a unique concert hall: Nestled in the cobblestone streets of the Old Town of Warsaw stands a unique neoclassical concert hall with original “plaster stucco” walls, crystal mirrors, and stylish nineteenth century decorations. As you walk through the doors, you will step into the era of Chopin for a two-part ensemble of Chopin’s greatest pieces played by internationally recognized pianists. During the intermission, you will be invited to a glass of sparkling wine, orange juice, or water. This concert is both a perfect start and/or finishing touch to a romantic evening in the Old Town. If you are starting your night with the concert, you may choose to end it in one of the many restaurants that our beautiful old town has to offer.
Breakfast at the hotel. Journey to the south of Poland today, stopping at Krzyztopor Castle along the way. The magical ruins of the castle are set within the breathtaking hills of the Opatow Region. Built in the 17th-century, Krzyztopor Castle was the largest palace in Europe at the time and has 365 windows, 56 rooms and 4 towers. After exploring the history of this beautiful castle, head to Szczawinca, a city situated in the picturesque Grajcarek Valley. A spa town, Szczawinca is famed for its clean air, beautiful natural environment and favourable micro-climate. Kick-back and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the city at your leisure. Later, transfer to Zakopane, in the foothills of the Tatras Mountains. We recommend to take a Horse Carriage Ride* or dinner in a typical restaurant with a folk group show**. Overnight stay in Zakopane.
* Optional Horse Carriage Ride in Zakopane: Relaxing horse and carriage rides around the Tatras make for one of the best activities to undertake there. Being seated in a comfortable carriage or cart, surrounded by the soaring granite peaks, and gently rolling over the valleys blooming with crocuses bring the peace of mind that everyone deserves to experience during their stay in the most picturesque part of Poland.
** Dinner in a typical restaurant in Zakopane with a folk group show
Breakfast at the hotel. Take a walking tour of Zakopane today to learn about the history of this so-called 'winter capital'. Visit Krupowki, the main street, filled with craft shops, and admire the charming wooden houses and breathtaking views of the Tatras Mountains. Transfer to Krakow, known for its beautiful medieval architecture. A centre for Polish culture, arts and politics, Krakow is one of the most popular cities in the country and is filled with cobblestoned streets and historic buildings. Overnight stay in Krakow.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a fascinating guided walking tour of Krakow today. See the old city wall, the famous Saint Florian Gate and the impressive Market Square, the largest medieval square in Europe! Other highlights of the walking tour include the Church of the Virgin Mary and the Old Town Hall. See Jagiellonian University, where Poper John Paul II famously studied, and end the tour at Wawel Hill, home to the ancient Wawel Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Once the seat of the Kings of Poland, Wawel Hill offers a fascinating insight into the medieval history of Poland, where you can enjoy beautiful views across the Vistula River. Spend the afternoon at your leisure, enjoying a stroll along the banks of the Vistula, doing some souvenir shopping or sampling the delights of Polish cuisine. We recommend to enjoy the Wieliczka Salt Mine tour* or visit the Schindler's Factory**. Overnight stay in Krakow.
* Optional Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour: Transfer from Krakow to Wieliczka the most beautiful and the oldest operating salt mine in the world (UNESCO Heritage). From over 700 years it was a source of Polish fortune and a physical fundament of culture. Today Wieliczka is the most willingly visited Polish tourist object with magnificent chapels, charming underground lakes and original tools and equipment. During this tour you could see a number of excavated chambers on 3 levels adorned with beautiful sculptures made of salt as well as a salt museum. Transfer back to Krakow.
** Optional Schindler’s Factory: Visit the museum located in the original building where Oskar Schindler's factory once stood. Join us on a journey back in time to discover the dark times of the German occupation of the city. Enter one of the best historical museums in Poland and be teleported back to a dramatic story that occurred more than 70 years ago.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, explore the neighbourhood of Kazimierz, Krakow's historic Jewish Quarter. Ancient customs are maintained in this neighbourhood, which has a distinctly different atmosphere from the rest of the city. It was famously the backdrop for the Oscar-winning film Schindler's List. Get to know the landmarks of this unique part of the city, which is increasingly evolving into the trendiest part of Krakow! In the afternoon, take an excursion to Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest concentration camp, built by the Nazis in 1940. A global symbol of the Holocaust, embark on a poignant tour to understand more about the atrocities of this tragic era in history. After a moving visit, return to Krakow. Overnight stay in Krakow.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bid farewell to beautiful Poland! Transfer to the airport for a flight back to Canada. Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Best Western Hotel Portos, Hetman Hotel, Holiday Inn Express Warsaw, Holiday Inn Warsaw City Centre, Hotel Radisson Sobieski, Ibis Warszawa, MDM Warsaw, Metropol Hotel, Reytan Hotel.
Included activity for day 3 in Warsaw
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Warsaw City Tour
Begin in the Old City, to admire its charming architecture before heading to the New City. See the impressive Krasinscy Palace, the Palace of Justice and the poignant Warsaw Uprising Monument. See Royal Lazienki Park and the famous Chopin Monument.
Included activity for day 4
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 14:00 Approx
Walking Tour Sandomierz
Visit Sandomierz, one of the oldest cities in Poland. Explore the atmospheric streets as you take a short walking tour through the Old Town. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to discover the charms of this historic city at your own pace.
What's included: If you choose to explore the optional Underground Route, be aware that there will be a number of stairs to climb.
Included activity for day 5
Duration 01:30h Approx. Pick up time: 11:00 Approx
Visit to Krzyztopor Castle
The magical ruins of the Krzyztopor Castle are set within the breathtaking hills of the Opatow Region. Built in the 17th-century, the castle was the largest palace in Europe at the time and has 365 windows, 56 rooms and 4 towers.
Included activity for day 6
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
City Tour of Zakopane
Take a walking tour of Zakopane to learn about the history of this so-called 'winter capital'. Visit Krupowki, the main street, filled with craft shops, and admire the charming wooden houses and breathtaking views of the Tatras Mountains.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 3
Chopin Concert in a 19th-century concert hall
Enjoy the music of Warsaw's most famous composer in a beautiful 19th-century neoclassical concert hall. Experience a two-part ensemble of Chopin's greatest pieces, played by internationally recognised pianists. Intermission drink included.
Suggested activity for day 4
Sandomierz Underground Tourist Route
Discover Sandomierz below street level as you explore its curious network of underground passages and chambers, stretching for more than 470 metres and originally used by merchants to store their goods during Medieval times.
Suggested activity for day 5
Horse Carriage Ride in Zakopane
Take a relaxing horse and carriage ride through the foothills of the Tatras, surrounded by soaring granite peaks and rolling valleys. Enjoy the picturesque landscapes and enjoy the tranquillity of the Polish countryside.
Suggested activity for day 5
Dinner in a traditional restaurant with folk show
Enjoy an unforgettable night of traditional Polish cuisine and entertainment, a great way to experience authentic Polish culture!
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main Canadian airports.
- International flights: Canada - Warsaw, Krakow - Canada.
- 7 nights acommodation in Charm category hotels.See hotels included
- 7 breakfasts.
- Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
- Entry requirementsYour passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the date you expect to leave the Schengen area.
- VisaVisa not required for stays up to 90 days
- CurrencyPolish Zloty.
- Electricity220 V. No adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations.
- Time zoneUTC + 01:00.
- Other useful informationThe climate in Poland is humid continental: Winters are cold (average -5C) and summers are warm (average 19C).
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.poland.travel/en
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
Due to adverse weather conditions and/or for safety reasons, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary are subject to changes and/or cancellations without notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Our trip was wonderful beginning to end.
The communication before and during our trip was great. Guides and drivers always showed up on time. The accommodations were comfortable. Any questions were handled well and in a timely manner. Excellent help with getting covid test to come back to the US. We couldn't have been happier.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.