Sweden & Norway in 11 Days
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Begin in the Sweden capital, revel in the lively atmosphere of Stockholm and its charming Gamla Stan Old Town. Arrive in Oslo and its cultural delights. Spend your nights on the Norway's most beautiful fjords in Oppland and Sogn og Fjordane. Discover Bergen, surrounded by the characteristic landscape of towering mountains and crystal-clear fjords and cross the glistening Hardangerfjord.
11 days trip including flights*
10 days and 9 nights in destination
NYC - ARN
NYC - ARN
OSL - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Ready to discover the spectacular landscapes and scenic fjords of Scandinavia? Arrive at your departure airport to catch a flight to Stockholm.* Night on board.
* Important: If your outbound flight leaves at dawn (before 04:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the selected departure day.
Arrival in Stockholm the capital of Sweden and the biggest of the country. It’s an archipelago composed by 14 islands that are connected by around 50 bridges in the Märlaren lake. It’s a very cosmopolitan city as you will find an Scandinavian modern architecture with metal and bronze buildings or fairy tails towers and a very charm old city centre. Self-transfer* to the hotel and overnight in Stockholm.
* Possibility to book private transfer in the next step of the booking.
Breakfast at the hotel. Explore Stockholm from a different perspective on a boat tour along its iconic waterways, through its locks and underneath its 12 historic bridges! Pass by the most emblematic sights in the city, from the urban centre to the Old Town and the greenery of Djurgården, on a relaxing journey through the heart of the Swedish capital! Ovevrnight in Stockholm.
Note: tansfer is not included, you will have to make your own way to the meeting point.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will have a free day to enjoy on your own. You can take profit of the time to go shopping or visit some emblematic sites. We recommend the optional excursions Stockholm Archipelago Tour*. Overnight in Stockholm.
* Optional excursion Stockholm Archipelago Tour: historic cruise tour throught the Stockholm archipelago. Lunch included.
Breakfast at the hotel. Self-transfer* to the Stockholm airrport to take a flight to Oslo. Arrive at Gardermoen airport and transfer to the hotel.** Oslo is the capital of Norway and a great place to discover the local culture and cuisine. The city is known for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, its green spaces and its numerous museums, many of which are dedicated to the country's Viking heritage. Overnight stay in Oslo.
* Possibility to book private transfer in the next step of the booking.
** Transfers are provided by a regular Flybuss Service.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning enjoy a fascinating panoramic tour of Oslo including Frogner Park which houses the Sculptural Ensemble of Vigeland, the Town Hall, the Royal Palace, and the Modern Opera House. Afterwards, set off for Lillehammer, the city famous for the Olympics of '94, which is situated on the shores of Lake Mjøsa. Admire its tiny picturesque streets. Here you have the option to visit the Maihaugen Open-Air Museum.* Continue through the Oppland region and check-in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight stay in Oppland.
* Optional Maihaugen Open-Air Museum: Maihaugen is Norway’s largest open-air museum outside of Oslo. The museum offers more than 200 buildings from different eras, superb cultural experiences and numerous exhibitions. You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book through Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart towards the Geiranger Fjord to take a relaxing mini-cruise. On the way to the fjord, see the beautiful Lom Church* and if the weather permits, take the panoramic Eagles road to a viewpoint that rises over the fjord, to admire the unbelievable views. Discover the most attractive sight on the Fjord: The majestic Seven Sisters Waterfall, consisting of seven different streams of water. Afterwards, head to the Førde region, to check in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight stay in Sogn og Fjordane.
* Optional Entrance to Lom Church: Enter the Lom Stave Church to admire the beautiful Romanesque architecture of this 12th-century church, one of the largest in Norway. You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book through Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off into the landscapes of this land of fjords, and pass by the iconic Sognefjord, one of the most famous and beautiful in the whole of Norway. We recommend an optional Sognefjord excursion.* Continue to Gudvangen, and enjoy some free time in the quaint village, nestled at the base of the Angosto fjord. We recommend taking an optional excursion to the fascinating Viking Museum.** Continue to Voss where you can explore at your leisure until finally arriving in Bergen the 'capital of the fjords'. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Bergen.
* Optional Sognefjord Excursion: Enjoy a panoramic cruise through the beautiful Sognefjord. Admire the Nærøy Fjord, and the Sognefjord with its high mountains, its furious waterfalls and its landscape, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
** Optional Viking Museum visit: Visit Gudvangen's Viking Museum to learn more about this important period in Norwegian history. The Viking Museum is home to impressive Viking-style buildings, re-enactments and brilliant insights into Norway's Viking heritage.
You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book through Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a fascinating panoramic tour of Bergen for an overview of its sights and history. Visit the Fish Market, famous for its busy atmosphere and excellent produce, and the Hanseatic Neighbourhood or Bryggen, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, filled with traditional buildings, museums, restaurants and cafes. The afternoon is free at your leisure. We recommend an optional Funicular Ride to Mount Floyen.* Overnight stay in Bergen.
* Optional Mount Floyen Funicular Ride: Ride to the top of Mount Floyen for exceptional views of Bergen and the surrounding fjord-lands. You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book through Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off early towards Oslo and on the way travel across the mighty Hardangerfjord. On the shores of this fjord you can watch the various different farming communities, many of them dedicated to fish farming. Here, you have the option to visit a local Salmon Farm.* After admiring the glistening fjord, head to the Hardangervidda Plateau, home to large herds of wild reindeer. Continue to Olso and watch the changing landscapes and natural beauty of the Buskerud region pass by. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Oslo.
* Optional Salmon Farm Visit: Visit a local salmon farm, where you can learn about the local farming techniques behind Norway's most famous fish. You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book through Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to Gardermoen airport for your return flight back to the US.* Arrive in the US and end your trip.
* Transfers are provided by a regular Flybuss Service.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Included activity for day 6 in Oslo
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Panoramic tour in Oslo
Walk around the Frogner park, and contemplate all the Vigeland sculptures, visit the Viking Ship Museum, the Royal Palace and the Akershus Fort.
Included activity for day 7 in Norweigan Fjords
Duration 01:00h Approx.
Mini-cruise in Geiranger Fjord
See the beautiful Lom Church, take the panoramic Eagles road to a viewpoint that rises over the fjord, and discover the majestic Seven Sisters Waterfall
Included activity for day 8
Trip from Sogn og Fjordane to Bergen
Set off into the landscapes of this land of fjords, and pass by the iconic Sognefjord, one of the most famous and beautiful in Norway and stop in Gudvangen and Voss.
Included activity for day 9 in Bergen
Duration 02:00h Approx. Pick up time: 15:00 Approx
Panoramic tour of Bergen
Visit the Fish Market, the Hanseatic Neighbourhood or Bryggen, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, filled with traditional buildings, museums, restaurants and cafes.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 4
Stockholm Archipelago Tour
Enjoy a boat tour through the archipelago of Stockholm. Pass by the city's most emblematic sights and get to know the various historical, cultural and natural landmarks as you relax on board the ship. Lunch included.
Suggested activity for day 6
Visit to Maihaugen Open-Air Museum
Maihaugen is Norway’s largest open-air museum outside of Oslo. The museum offers more than 200 buildings from different eras, superb cultural experiences and numerous exhibitions.
Suggested activity for day 7
Entrance to Lom Stave Church
Enter the Lom Stave Church to admire the beautiful Romanesque architecture of this 12th-century church, one of the largest in Norway.
Suggested activity for day 8 in Norweigan Fjords
Duration 01:30h Approx.
Enjoy a panoramic cruise through the beautiful Sognefjord. Admire the Nærøy Fjord, and the Sognefjord with its high mountains, its furious waterfalls and its landscape, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
What's included: Ferry ticket
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Stockholm, Oslo - US.
- Internal flights: Stockholm- Oslo. *more information
- 9 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 9 breakfasts, 2 dinners.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles. **more information
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Mini-cruise on the Geirangerfjord and connecting ferry rides.
- Stockholm Bridges Sightseeing Boat Tour
- Panoramic tours of Oslo and Bergen.
- English-speaking guide (from day 2 - day 6).
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
Transfers in Stockholm are not included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** NOTE: Flybuss operation: the voucher will be uploaded to the Customer Area on our website and the Customer will have to make the transfer on their own. You must carry a printed copy of your Flybuss voucher and be in possession of one voucher per person in order to use the Flybuss shuttle service.
The price includes: Transfers in Flybuss only from and to Oslo Gardermoen airport. In case of arriving at an Oslo airport other than Oslo Gardemoen, the transfer will not be included.
- Entry requirementsValid passport with at least six months validity.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country.
- CurrencySwedish Krona
- Electricity220 V. Adapter not required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from the US.
- Time zoneUTC + 01:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.visitsweden.com/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Our trip to Norway
Excellent tour guide and bus driver. Excellent itinerary. The trip was outstanding!
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.