Uncover the secrets of three ancient civilizations! See the Colosseum in Rome, discover the secrets of ancient Greece at the Acropolis of Athens, and tick the Great Pyramids off your bucket list in Cairo. On top of this, explore romantic Florence in Italy, enjoy an escape on the picturesque Greek island of Santorini and experience a 3-night full-board Nile Cruise in Egypt!
Ready for an unforgettable journey? Pack your bags and head to your departure airport, ready for a flight* to the eternal city of Rome. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Rome, the Italian capital, and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, the remainder of the day is free to begin exploring this romantic, historic city. The evening is the most magical time of day in Rome when the streets take on an even more charming character. Overnight stay in Rome.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a guided visit of the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, three of the main archaeological sites of the Eternal City. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiator battles of the Colosseum, and appreciate the well-preserved corners of ancient Rome in the Forum and Palatine Hill. We recommend the optional guided walking tour to experience the best of Rome*. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure. Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Best of Rome Guided Walking Tour: Discover one of Rome's most famous squares, Piazza di Spagna, and its famous Spanish Steps. Continue the tour with a visit to the iconic Trevi Fountain, a 17th-century masterpiece. Be sure to throw a coin into the fountain to ensure you'll return to Rome one day! End the tour by stopping at the Pantheon, one of the best-preserved monuments of Roman antiquity. Please note: On Saturdays the Pantheon is CLOSED.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a day at your leisure in Rome. Perhaps visit the Vatican, trace the footsteps of the greats in the ancient streets of the old city or simply indulge in some delicious Italian gelato. However you choose to spend your day, Rome is sure to delight you with its old-world charm and unbeatable sights. We suggest taking the optional guided tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel*. Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional 'skip-the-line' guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel: In the Vatican Museums, admire the works of art in the Cortille della Pigna and the Gallery of Candelabra, among others. Next, visit the world-famous Sistine Chapel to discover the incredible and well-known ceiling fresco, painted by Michelangelo, a true masterpiece. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Sundays.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, make your own way to the train station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Florence. Arrive in Florence, the heart of the Italian Renaissance, and self-transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore the city and indulge in the flavours of Italian cuisine in this gastronomic paradise. Overnight stay in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today head to the Historic Centre of Florence for a guided walking tour and discover the hidden secrets of the Tuscan capital. Start in the Piazza Repubblica, one of the fanciest in the city, before heading to Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, a building where a local market takes place. Soak up the atmosphere of the streets of Florence before arriving at Ponte Vecchio, the most iconic bridge in the city. Walk through the Piazza della Signoria, the heart of medieval Florence, home to the amazing Palazzo Vecchio. End the tour admiring Piazza San Giovanni, home to the impressive Florence Cathedral, with its iconic Brunelleschi's dome and the famous Giotto Bell Tower. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue discovering this amazing city, filled with historic sights. Overnight stay in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a whole day at your leisure. Florence's historical centre is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so get out and about to explore at your own pace and discover its hidden treasures. Alternaitvely, we recommend an optional full-day excursion to Pisa, Siena & Gimignano*. Overnight stay in Florence.
* Optional Full-Day Excursion to Pisa, Siena & San Gimignano with lunch in a wine cellar: Discover three Tuscan cities on this full-day tour and learn more about this picturesque region. Start the journey in Siena and walk through its charming streets and medieval squares before arriving at the spectacular Siena Cathedral. After a short bus ride, stop at a wine cellar in the heart of the Tuscan countryside to enjoy a delicious lunch, served with some authentic local wines. Continue your journey to San Gimignano, a well-preserved small town, before you finally arrive in Pisa. Explore the Square of Miracles, home to the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa, one of the most remarkable architectural structures in the world. Note: This optional tour is NOT available on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from November to March, both inclusive.
Breakfast at the hotel.* At the indicated time, transfer by car to the airport for your flight to the Greek capital of Athens. Touch down in Athens and transfer to the hotel, in the heart of the city where you can soak up the hustle and bustle of the ancient metropolis. Enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, explore the vibrant Athenian neighbourhoods and sampling delicious Greek cuisine. Overnight stay in Athens.
* Depending on the flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to discover amazing places in the city. See the Panathenaic Stadium, continue and pass by the Prime Minister's residence guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian's Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma). On the Acropolis, you can visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and finally "the harmony between material and spirit", the monument that "puts the order in the mind", the Parthenon. You can continue and visit the place where at last the statues found their home and admire the wonders of the classical era: The new Acropolis museum. Overnight stay in Athens
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for your flight to the idyllic island of Santorini. Arrive in Santorini and transfer to the hotel. One of Greece's most loved islands, Santorini is a beautiful island, known for its blue-roofed houses and sunsets. The evening is at your leisure to explore the town and dine in style. Overnight stay in Santorini.
Breakfast at the hotel. First day at your own leisure on the splendid island of Santorini. Crescent-shaped Santorini (or Thíra), the precious gem of the Aegean, is actually a group of islands consisting of Thíra, Thirassiá, Asproníssi, Palea and Nea Kaméni in the southernmost part of Cyclades. Overnight in Santorini.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the last day at your leisure on Greece's most famous cosmopolitan island, a whitewashed paradise in the heart of the Cyclades. Stroll around its narrow marble streets and admire whitewashed houses with colourful doors and window frames, bougainvillea trees in purple bloom, and hidden churches. Overnight stay in Santorini.
Breakfast at the hotel.* At the indicated time, take a transfer to Heraklion airport to catch a flight back to Athens. Transfer to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day enjoying the sights of Athens at your leisure. Overnight stay in Athens.
* Depending on the flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Breakfast at the hotel.* At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cairo, Egypt's enigmatic capital. Touch down in Cairo and transfer to the hotel. Once you've settled in, the remainder of the day is free at your leisure to get to know the sights and sounds of Cairo, in the shadow of the Great Pyramids! Go shopping at the local souk or sample the national cuisine. We recommend an optional Pyramids Sound and Light Show.** Overnight stay in Cairo.
* Depending on the flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** Optional Pyramids Sound and Light Show: Experience the iconic Great Pyramids at night, as they are lit with dancing lasers and visuals, accompanied by atmospheric music. The perfect way to kick-start your Egyptian adventure!
Breakfast at the hotel. Get to know the Egyptian capital today with a tour of Cairo's most emblematic sights. Begin at the Giza plateau, home of the three Great Pyramids, built over 4,500 years ago and one of the Seven Wonders of the World! Explore the pyramids and learn about their fascinating history as you walk in the footsteps of the pharaohs. Continue to the Great Sphinx and the Temple of the Valley to unearth more secrets of Ancient Egypt before visiting the Egyptian Museum. This world-renowned museum is home to the largest collection of jewels, relics and statues from the golden age of the pharaohs. End the day with a walk through the lively Khan El Khalili neighbourhood, home to the largest bazaar in the city. Overnight stay in Cairo.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, transfer to the airport for a short flight to Aswan, situated on the Nile River and known for its great importance to the Ancient Egyptian civilization. Upon arrival, head to the river to enjoy a cruise on a traditional felucca boat to see the Nile Cataracts. Watch daily life unfold along the river. Afterwards, continue to the Granite Quarry, home to an unfinished ancient obelisk and the High Dam of Aswan. Transfer to the port to board your Nile Cruise Boat, your home for the next three nights. Get settled in your cabin and enjoy the views of the river. In the afternoon you have the chance to enjoy an optional excursion to the Island of Philae.* Dinner and overnight on board.
* Optional Island of Philae Excursion: Discover the historic island of Philae, in the reservoir of the Old Aswan Dam. It is home to the ancient ruins of the Temple of Isis and offers a fascinating insight into life and beliefs in Ancient Egypt.
Full-board on board. If you're an early riser, you have the chance to enjoy an optional excursion to Abu Simbel, home to many rock-carved temples.* Today, navigate northwards towards Kom Ombo. Upon arrival explore the twin Temples of Haroeris and Sobek and see the amazing Nilometer, used to measure the rising and falling levels of the Nile, an important life source in Egypt. Afterwards, visit a unique Crocodile Mummy museum, home to a number of mummified crocodiles. Return to the ship and enjoy relaxing on board. Overnight on board.
* Optional Excursion to Abu Simbel: Visit these amazing temples, carved on the western cliff of the desert by Ramses II in the Xl century BC. See the iconic 20-metre high statues, dedicated to the god Amon Ra, and the Temple of Nefertari, dedicated to the goddess Hathor.
Full-board on board. Dock in Edfu today to enjoy a ride in a traditional Egyptian carriage to arrive at the Temple of Edfu in style! Spend some time exploring the temple, dedicated to the Egyptian god of Horus. It's one of the best-preserved monuments in the country as its imposing structure has been protected by the desert sands. Back on the ship, continue to Luxor where the ancient heart of Thebes awaits you. Here, discover the Temple of Luxor, constructed by the two great pharaohs, Amenhotep II and Ramses II. Return to the ship. Overnight on board.
Breakfast on board. Continue your discovery of the ancient city of Thebes today as you head to the world-famous Valley of the Kings, where the tomb of Tutankhamun was discovered, revealing the riches of the ancient pharaohs. It is here that the most powerful and influential kings of Ancient Egypt were buried. After exploring the site, continue to the Temple of Hatshepsut, an imposing terraced structure, located below towering cliffs. Bid farewell to this world of ancient kings and queens as you cross the river into modern-day Luxor. Transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the afternoon at your leisure. Overnight stay in Luxor.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off early in the morning to visit the Karnak Temple Complex, home to a vast array of decayed temples, chapels, columns and other ancient buildings. Explore the ruins as you soak up the unique atmosphere and let your imagination run wild as you learn about life in Ancient Egypt. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to Cairo. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure. We recommend an optional excursion to the impressive Saladin Citadel.* Overnight stay in Cairo.
* Optional Excursion to Saladin Citadel: Visit the Alabaster Mosque and medieval fortification of Saladin Citadel, perched atop a hill in central Cairo and dating back to the 12th-century. Learn about the importance of the site to Egypt's Islamic heritage before walking through the Coptic Neighborhood, home to various churches.
Breakfast* at the hotel. It's time to bring your unforgettable adventure to an end. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight** back to the US. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** Depending on the return flight schedule, you may arrive in the US the same day and the total duration of the trip would be 21 days.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Tax*, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Accommodation tax in Italy must be paid directly to the hotel (Approx. 6 € per room per night).
* A number of Greek cities impose an accommodation tax, which must be paid directly to the hotel (Approx. 3-4€ per room per night).
See important notes
Please note: tips in Egypt are mandatory and must be paid on arrival at the destination. Approx. $40 per person.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** The allocated cruise ship may be changed due to routine maintenance, in which case you will be allocated a cruise of the same or higher category.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to June 30 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.