Experience the bustling city of Hanoi, the mystic waters of the stretching Mekong Delta, the wonders to be found in Hue and the historic capital Ho Chi Minh. Enjoy an overnight river cruise on a traditional Junk boat in Ha Long Bay and discover the charms of lantern-lit Hoi An. Be immersed in colorful Vietnamese culture and history on this awe-inspiring journey.
Arrival at your US departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Hanoi. Night on board.
Arrive in Vietnam and transfer to your hotel. Take the opportunity to explore this bustling city and get to know your surroundings. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage area of outstanding natural beauty known for its limestone islands and glistening waters. Travel through the rich farmlands of the delta and witness the daily life of the Vietnamese villages. Arrive in Ha Long and board a traditional junk boat, to being your cruise on the bay with a welcome drink. Lunch on board. The cruise passes by many fascinating islets and may stop for a while to visit local fishing villages, caves and limestone islands. Relax at your leisure on the sun deck. Dinner and overnight on board.
* There will be no guide on board.
Brunch on board as the junk continues to cruise before you return to Ha Long port. Disembark and transfer to Hai Phong airport for a flight to Danang. On arrival, you will be met by your guide and then transfer to your hotel in the charming city of Hoi An, known for its pretty lantern-lit streets. Overnight stay in Hoi An.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, enjoy a guided walking tour through the narrow streets of atmospheric Hoi An. This former port and UNESCO World Heritage site is full of architectural gems that show a range of influences. You can admire these charming houses along Tran Phu Street, one of the oldest in Hoi An, visit the 400 years-old Japanese covered bridge, the Chinese temple, and a traditional Vietnamese merchants house. The afternoon is free at your leisure. We recommend an optional Thu Bon River & Organic Village Excursion.* Overnight stay in Hoi An.
* Optional Full-Day Thu Bon River & Organic Village Excursion: Experience real rural life in Vietnam with this full-day tour, which includes a cruise on the Thu Bon River, passing many fishing areas. Stop at Van Lang Village to witness basket boat racing, before heading to Tra Que Herb Village, where local farmers will give you an insight into their organic produce. Enjoy a culinary masterclass in Vietnamese cuisine before enjoying a delicious lunch.
Breakfast at the hotel. Travel along one of Vietnams most scenic highways towards the city of Hue. Along the way, stop at the white sands of Lang Co Beach and the top of Hai Van Pass for exceptional views. Arrive in Hue and enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city's sights. Visit the Imperial City and the Royal Citadel. Much of the Citadel was destroyed during the Tet Offensive in 1968 but is gradually being restored. Next, visit King Khai Dinh Mausoleum and browse through a bustling local market. Afterwards, transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Hue.
Breakfast at the hotel. Early transfer to the airport to take a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival, meet your guide and visit the moving War Remnants Museum which presents a partial, but riveting, view of the American War. Continue to the Reunification Palace, the former residence of the Indochina Governor-General and later President of the Republic of Southern Vietnam until the fall of Saigon. The tour finishes with Notre Dame Cathedral and the bustling Ben Thanh Market. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in this exciting city.* We recommend an optional excursion to discover the magical Mekong Delta. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
* Optional Mekong Delta Excursion: Depart to Ben Tre province crossing Rach Mieu bridge. On arrival in Hung Vuong Pier, hop on a motorized boat on the Ben Tre River, one of the tributes of Mekong River while witnessing the lively activities of local life along the way. Stop at a brick kiln and visit one of the many coconut processing workshops located along the canal. Take a motorized cart or bicycle along the shady paths and pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to discover everyday life on the river. Take a rowing-boat along a beautiful water palm creek before you return to the pier.
Breakfast at the hotel. If your flight departs in the afternoon, we recommend the option to enjoy a half-day Cu Chi tunnels visit.* In the afternoon, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip.
* Optional Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion: Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi, dug in 1948 for guerrillas to escape the bombardment of French forces. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of the tunnels.
10 days trip including flights*
9 days and 8 nights in destination
NYC - HAN
NYC - HAN
Hạ Long Bay
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
SGN - NYC
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Adamas, La Santé, Larosa.
Vietnam E-visa (online before traveling), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Visa arrangements for Vietnam. Through the government website (evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn): USD 25 per person.
* Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
Flights are non-refundable and non-amendable. Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or canceled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
It was terrific; all arrangements good, hotels good, trips good, guides good.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 31 July 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.