Ecuador in 10 Days
The perfect trip for those short on time who want to experience the highlights of Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.
Touch down in Quito, the oldest capital in South America, to discover its historic old town and Inca heritage. Next explore the abundant Galapagos Islands, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy the spectacular biodiversity of the island of Santa Cruz. Relax on the paradise beaches and look out for rare blue-footed boobies and Galapagos tortoises.
10 days trip including flights*
9 days and 8 nights in destination
NYC - UIO
GYE - NYC
GYE - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport, ready for a flight Quito. Arrive in Quito, the capital of Ecuador and a city famed for its high vantage point in the Andean mountains, and its ancient Incan significance. Transfer to your hotel and spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring the relaxed culture of the Ecuadorian Sierra. Overnight stay in Quito.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, meet a local guide who will take you on a fascinating guided tour of some most emblematic sights of Quito. Explore the Historic Center, declared a World Heritage Site for its great beauty, and also discover the city's traditional market where you can taste a great variety of tropical fruits grown in Ecuador. Spend the afternoon at your leisure. Overnight stay in Quito.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day in Quito at your leisure, exploring the city or simply taking some time to enjoy the beautiful climate and natural environment. We recommend enjoying our excursions to Quilotoa.* Overnight stay in Quito.
* Optional Quilotoa Excursion: Set off through the Andean Mountains, passing by the snow-capped peaks of Tungurahua and Chimborazo. Stop at a local market for a taste of the local culture and visit Quilotoa Crater Lake, known for its everchanging colour, depending on the sun and clouds.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart to the airport this morning for a flight to the Galapagos Islands, a true wonder of nature known for its immense biodiversity! From Baltra, transfer to the island of Santa Cruz by crossing the Itabaca channel on a ferry. On the way to the hotel visit Finca El Chato where you can see the mighty Galapagos Tortoise in their natural habitat. Arrive in Puerto Ayora and transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay on Santa Cruz.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, enjoying the beautiful beaches or the wonderful wildlife. Overnight stay in Santa Cruz.
After breakfast at the hotel, the day is free for you to explore the Galapagos at your own. We recommend visiting the Charles Darwin Centre to learn more about the significance of the Galapagos Islands. Overnight stay in Overnight stay in Santa Cruz.
Breakfast at the hotel. Head back to the mainland, with a flight from Baltra. Arrive in Guayaquil, and transfer to your hotel in the city center. Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador and is located on the coast. Later, enjoy a 2-hour walking tour, visiting the Malecon and Las Peñas neighborhood. Overnight stay in Guayaquil.
Breakfast at the hotel. The day is at your leisure to do some last-minute souvenir shopping, relax in the arty neighbourhood of Santa Ana Hill. Overnight stay in Guayaquil.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Night on board.
Please note: Depending on the flight departure time you may arrive back in the US today.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Hotel Rio Amazonas.
Included activity for day 2
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:30 Approx
Quito City Tour
A guided city tour to get to know Quito's most emblematic sights. Visit a local market, a number of picturesque squares and the narrow streets of the city centre.
Included activity for day 4
Duration 01:00h Approx.
Visita highlands Santa Cruz - Rancho de tortugas gigantes
Visita highlands Santa Cruz - Rancho de tortugas gigantes
Included activity for day 7
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 16:00 Approx
Walking Tour of Guayaquil
Enjoy a walking tour of the city, visiting the Malecon, Paque Iguanas and Las Peñas neighbourhood.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 3
Duration 02:30h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Stop at a local market for a taste of the local culture before visiting the amazing Quilotoa Crater Lake, known for its everchanging color, depending on the position of the sun and the clouds.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Quito and Guayaquil - US.
- Domestic flights: Quito - Galapagos and Galapagos - Guayaquil. *more information
- 8 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 8 Breakfasts.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
Transit control card (TCC)* (US$ 20) and entrance to the Galapagos National Park * (US$ 100).
* More information can be found in Offer Conditions.
* Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
If you would like to travel with children, please contact Customer Services to find out the conditions.
- Entry requirementsMinimum of 6 months validity with one passport page. Mandatory travel insurance.
- VisaNo visa required for stays of up to 90 days
- CurrencyUS Dollar
- ElectricityTypes A and B, 110 V North American type plug
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC -5
- Other useful informationIt is mandatory for tourists to carry a valid health insurance policy.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://ecuador.travel/en/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Galapagos transit control card (TCC) is mandatory and is checked at the airport in both Quito and Guayaquil before travel to the Galapagos Islands. Cost US$20 per person (subject to change) and made by cash payment.
At the airport Galapagos passengers must present their transit control card (TCC) with their passport and pay the entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park. Cost: US$100 per person.
If you book a triple room with a child, you will be required to share one bed.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Bucket list destinations at bucket shop prices!
Everything that you have dreamt about and imagined is right there. From mating blue-footed boobies to swimming with sea lions! This was our David Attenborough moment, a bucket list destination. Finally, we were able to take the plunge and boy was it worth it. Be brave, be explorers!