Colombia in 8 Days
Captivating Caribbean Coast 4*
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Experience the charms of Colombia's Caribbean Coast, as you soak up the culture of Cartagena and the natural landscapes of Santa Marta. Explore the Spanish-inspired architecture of Santa Marta and find a slice of bliss along its idyllic coastline before enjoying the Caribbean influences of historic Cartagena, from the colourful facades of the old town to the shores of the Rosario Islands.
8 days trip including flights*
8 days and 7 nights in destination
NYC - CTG
Cartagena de Indias
Cartagena de Indias
Cartagena de Indias
Cartagena de Indias
CTG - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Ready to experience the colourful culture and immense natural beauty of Colombia? Head to your departure airport to catch a flight* to Cartagena. Touch down in Cartagena and transfer to the hotel. Cartagena sits on the Caribbean coast and is one of the main ports in Colombia. It's a vibrant city with a plethora of quirky bars and eateries, colourful streets and leafy plazas, perfect for exploring! Overnight stay in Cartagena.
*If your inbound flight depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time for a little beach-side bliss. Transfer by road to Santa Marta, situated on the Caribbean Coast and known for its busy port and beautiful beaches, not to mention the outstanding natural beauty of its surroundings. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and take some time to appreciate the sea views. A romantic stroll along the beach is the perfect way to end the day. Overnight stay in Santa Marta.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a tour of Santa Marta to uncover its charming sights and learn more about this unique part of Colombia. Visit the Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, the death place of Simon Bolivar, today a museum, and the fascinating Tayrona Archaeological Museum. See Santa Marta Cathedral and explore the historic centre before returning to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to relax or explore the local area at your own pace. Overnight stay in Santa Marta.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in beautiful Santa Marta, soaking up the Spanish-influenced architecture and charming atmosphere of the Old Town or simply relaxing on the beach. We recommend an optional full-day excursion to Tayrona National Natural Park for an unforgettable day of epic natural landscapes.* Overnight stay in Santa Marta.
* Optional Tayrona National Natural Park Cañaveral to Arrecifes Excursion: Set off to the Cañaveral Sector of Tayrona National Natural Park to enjoy an exciting nature hike of approximately 1 hour through the tropical forest trails to the Arrecifes Sector, recognised for its stunning natural beauty. Admire the abundant nature before arriving at a natural pool, the ideal place for a relaxing swim and enjoy the views of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountain range and the Caribbean Coast.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, bid farewell to Santa Marta as you transfer back to Cartagena by road, enjoy the scenic landscapes of the Caribbean coast along the journey. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. We recommend watching the sunset from an ocean-side bar with an ice-cool cocktail. Overnight stay in Cartagena.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, get to know the colonial past and colourful present of the city. Set off on a tour of Cartagena, passing through the main neighbourhoods of the city: Boca Grande, Castillo Grande and Manga until you arrive at the majestic Castillo de San Felipe, an important feat in military engineering. Visit the Church of San Pedro Claver and end the tour with a short walk through the walled old town where you can admire its pretty squares, narrow streets and houses with balconies beautifully decorated with flowers. The city's charms are undeniable. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure. Perhaps you'll head down to the beach for a lazy afternoon or enjoy a Colombian coffee in one of the lively plazas. Overnight stay in Cartagena.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, explore the idyllic Rosario Islands. In the morning, transfer to the pier to board a shared speedboat service to the National Natural Park of the Rosario Islands. Admire the views of the Bay of Cartagena and Boca Chica, before arriving at the idyllic islands and taking the time to enjoy the beach and surroundings. Tuck into a delicious traditional lunch and while away the afternoon upon the pristine beaches of the Rosario Islands. Return by boat to Cartagena and enjoy the remainder of the evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in Cartagena.
Breakfast at the hotel. After an unforgettable getaway in Colombia, it's time to head home. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Barlovento.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 4
Full day Tayrona National Natural Park Cañaveral to Arrecifes Excursion
Set off to the Cañaveral Sector of Tayrona National Natural Park to enjoy an exciting nature hike of approximately 1 hour through the tropical forest trails to the Arrecifes Sector, where you can swim in a natural pool.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Cartagena - US. *more information
- 7 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 7 breakfasts and 1 lunch. **more information
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.***more information
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Care kit: mask per day, gel and soap.
Entrances, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
** Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*** Please note: transfers are with a Spanish-speaking driver.
- Entry requirementsYour passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Colombia.
- VisaUS Passport holders can enter Colombia for up to 90 days as a visitor without a visa.
- CurrencyColombian Peso.
- Electricity110 V, 60 Hz.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneGMT - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.colombia.co/en/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.