Argentina in 13 Days
Iguazú Falls & Whale-Watching in Patagonia
The ideal trip for nature lovers, discover the diversity of Argentina on this journey from Buenos Aires to the dramatic coastline of northern Patagonia and the mighty Iguazú Falls!
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
An unforgettable journey through Argentina's most spectacular natural sights. Uncover the cultural treasures of cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, the home of the seductive Tango, before exploring the dramatic landscapes of Patagonia in Puerto Madryn. Discover the Valdes Peninsula on an exciting whale-watching excursion and feel the power of nature at the breathtaking Iguazú Falls!
13 days trip including flights*
11 days and 10 nights in destination
NYC - BUE
NYC - BUE
RIO - NYC
RIO - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Ready to experience the diverse landscapes and captivating cultural delights of two South American giants? Head to your departure airport to catch a flight to Buenos Aires. Night on board.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Touch down in Buenos Aires, Argentina's cosmopolitan capital, known as the home of Tango. Transfer to the airport and, once settled, enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the stately buildings of Plaza de Mayo or getting to know the vibrant culture of colourful La Boca. Be sure to sample Argentina's mouth-watering cuisine in one of the many cosy traditional restaurants scattered throughout the city, or grab a quick empanada as you continue sightseeing. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
If your flight arrives in Buenos Aires in the early hours of the morning, and you wish to have your room available before 3:00 p.m, you can book early check-in in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a city tour of Buenos Aires to discover its most charming sights and neighbourhoods. See the colourful houses of Caminito Street in La Boca, traditionally home to a large Italian community, and continue to upmarket La Recoleta, whose faded elegance is typified in its grandiose buildings and European architecture. Stroll through the cobbled streets San Telmo, the oldest part of the city before exploring Puerto Madero, known for its exciting food scene and modern restaurants. End the tour in leafy Palermo, the 'Lungs of the City'. The remainder of the day is free for you to explore at your leisure. We recommend enjoying an optional dinner and tango show tonight for a taste of authentic Argentine culture.* Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Dinner and Tango Show: Be transported back to the Golden Age of the Argentine Tango with a professional Tango show, accompanied by the musical delights of an orchestra, as you dine on fine Argentinian cuisine.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you're headed for Patagonia! Transfer to the airport for a flight to Puerto Madryn, a coastal city in Northern Patagonia. Arrive in Puerto Madryn and transfer to the hotel. If time allows, the remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the city and take in the breathtaking coastal views. Puerto Madryn is well-known for the sandy beaches of its Golfo Nuevo Bay and the wildlife of its Valdes Peninsula. Overnight stay in Puerto Madryn.
Breakfast at the hotel. Discover the rich marine life of the Valdes Peninsula today on an exciting whale-watching excursion. Set off early in the morning to board a semi-rigid boat in Puerto Pirámides and set sail around the Valdes Peninsula as you look out for Southern Right Whales, which can measure up to 14-metres in length. Orcas are also known to frequent the waters around this region of Patagonia. Continue to Punta Delgada to see its lighthouse and watch the local colony of sea lions frolicking on the rocks. At Caleta Valdes discover the local wildlife such as elephant seals and sea birds before returning to Puerto Madryn. Overnight stay in Puerto Madryn.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to explore Puerto Madryn at your own pace. If the weather is pleasant, why not enjoy the sea views from a sunny cafe terrace on Golfo Nuevo Bay or try your hand at paddle-boarding or other watersports which are a popular pastime in the city. We recommend one of our optional excursions to get the most out of your stay in Puerto Madryn. Overnight stay in Puerto Madryn.
* Optional El Pedral Penguin Colony Excursion: Travel into the Patagonian steppe, headed for the Punta Ninfas Lighthouse, situated at the southern end of the Nuevo Gulf. From here, visit the incredible breeding colonies of elephant seals and sea lions. Next, continue to El Pedral, an authentic Patagonian ranch house, to visit a nearby Magellanic penguin colony. A guided tour will help you to better understand the breeding habits and daily lives of these curious, yet adorable flightless sea birds. Back at the ranch, enjoy a BBQ lunch with wine. Spend some time at your leisure to make the most of the ranch's facilities including an outdoor swimming pool and bocce court before returning to Puerto Madryn.
Please note: the optional El Pedral Penguin Colony Excursion is only available between 15th September and 10th December. It is not offered outside this period because there are no penguins.
* Optional Snorkelling with Sea Lions Excursion: Navigate to the Punta Loma Natural Reserve where you'll enter the waters to swim with the friendly sea lions. You'll be able to interact with female and young sea lions, who are very sociable and harmless, for approximately 45 minutes whilst snorkelling in Golfo Nuevo Bay. Transfers are not included.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to leave the shores of Patagonia behind in favour of more tropical climes. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazú, home of the Iguazú Falls, a true wonder of the world and a bucket-list favourite. Transfer to your hotel and, depending on your arrival time, the rest of the day is free at your leisure. Why not explore the rainforest and soak up the beautiful natural environment. Overnight stay in Iguazú.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazú Falls on this included excursion by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-metre sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees. We recommend an optional Iguazú Great Adventure excursion to get up close to the powerful waterfalls.* Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazú.
* Optional Iguazú Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At the dock, board a boat that sails on the Lower Iguazú River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area and enjoying plentiful rapids along the way. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off to discover the Brazilian side of the Iguazú Falls for a different perspective of this natural wonder and for a chance to take in the unforgettable panoramic views of the thundering falls and the lush landscapes that surround them. After exploring the natural environment and taking in the views, return to the Argentinian side of the falls for your overnight stay in Iguazú.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight back to Buenos Aires. Touch down in the Argentian capital and transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free to enjoy the capital at your leisure. Explore its fantastic museums or indulge in the vibrant nightlife. For a truly special experience, catch a show at the legendary Teatro Colon, the city's most famous opera house! Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Your final day in Argentina! Enjoy today at your leisure, perhaps doing some last-minute shopping along upmarket Avenida Alvear or discovering the Latin American artworks housed within the MALBA Museum. Perhaps mark your final evening with a blow-out Argentinian meal at one of the city's prestigious steakhouses! Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bid farewell to Argentina, filled with amazing memories of the places you've seen and the warm hospitality and culture of the locals. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Ramada by Wyndham Buenos Aires Centro.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 3
Dinner & Tango Show
Experience an immersive evening of Argentinian food and arts at the Dinner and Tango Show. Watch traditional Tango dancers as you dine on Argentinian cuisine.
Suggested activity for day 6
El Pedral Penguin Colony Excursion
Head to Punta Ninfas Lighthouse to see the colonies of elephant seals and sea lions. Continue to El Pedral Ranch, where a guided tour will bring you up close to a colony of Magellanic penguins! Back at the ranch, enjoy a BBQ lunch with wine.
What's included: Roundtrip transportation, bilingual guide, lunch with drinks (house wine, soft drinks), access to outdoor pool at El Pedral Ranch
Suggested activity for day 6
Snorkelling with Sea Lions Excursion
Navigate to the Punta Loma Natural Reserve where you'll enter the waters to swim with the friendly sea lions for approximately 45 minutes as you snorkel in Golfo Nuevo Bay. Transfers not included.
Suggested activity for day 8
Iguazú Great Adventure
Travel along the Yacaratiá trail in a specially designed truck and enjoy an exciting boat ride in a Zodiac boat through the lower Iguazú River, passing through the rapids and then entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat to the San Martin Waterfall.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departure from the main US airports.
- International flights: US - Buenos Aires - US.
- Internal flights: Buenos Aires - Puerto Madryn, Puerto Madryn - Iguazú, Iguazú - Buenos Aires. *more information
- 10 nights hotel accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 10 breakfasts.
- Transfers in vehicles with air conditioning.
- Visits as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Specialized guide for each excursion, region or city
Tourist city taxes, national park entrance fees - approximately $25, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
- Entry requirementsPassport must be valid at time of entry. One passport page required.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country if you are staying less than 90 days.
- CurrencyArgentine Peso.
- Electricity220 V.
- HealthVaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended in the case of prolonged travel to areas where there is a high risk of exposure to mosquitoes. Travelers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 03:00.
- Other useful informationMate is a national symbol that is associated with hospitality and social gathering.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.argentina.travel/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.