Experience thrilling safaris and spot the amazing wildlife on the African continent. Be amazed by the bird-watching paradise of Lake Nakuru and fall in love with the sunsets over the Maasai Mara Natural Reserve, home of the Great Migration and the Big Five. Finish your African adventure by discovering the island of Mauritius, a tropical paradise of beautiful beaches and lush mountains.
Arrive at US departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Nairobi. Night on board.*
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, meet your guide and transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day off in the dynamic capital of Kenya, known as "the Green City in the Sun". We recommend visiting the National Museum or one of the many markets for a taste of the local culture. Overnight stay in Nairobi.
Breakfast at the hotel. After an informative safari introduction, set off by road to the famous Maasai Mara Natural Reserve, named after the unique Maasai tribe that inhabits the area and the Mara River that crosses it. Every year, it plays witness to the great migration, considered the eighth wonder of the natural world. Arrive in time for lunch at your lodge and, in the afternoon, head out for your first game viewing drive in the famous Maasai Mara Reserve. Dinner and overnight stay in the Maasai Mara.
Breakfast at the camp. Today, embark on a full-day photographic safari in the Masai Mara Natural Reserve to observe the largest concentration of wildlife in the world. In the plains, you can find herds of zebras, giraffes and gazelles and in the savannah, mighty lions dominate the environment, as well as hyenas and cheetahs crouched in the long grass. In the forested areas, you can watch hundreds of varieties of birds and monkeys, whilst the rivers are full of hippos and crocodiles, as well as elephants and buffalo. Picnic lunch included. Return to the camp for dinner. Overnight stay in the Maasai Mara.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off by road to Lake Nakuru National Park, a journey of approximately five and a half hours. Arrive at Lake Nakuru, an ornithological paradise worldwide known for its alkaline waters and a large population of flamingos, pelicans and other migratory birds. Transfer to the lodge, arriving in time for lunch. In the afternoon, set off on an exciting safari excursion for your chance to see lions, leopards, antelopes, black and white rhinos, hippos and buffalo. Stop at the edge of the lake to capture some fantastic photographs of this emblematic pink-coloured body of water. Return to the lodge, dinner and overnight stay in Lake Nakuru.
Breakfast at the hotel and return to Nairobi. Enjoy the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Nairobi.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport ready to check-in for a flight to Mauritius. Touch down in Mauritius and transfer to the hotel. This island paradise is famous for its crystalline waters, white sands, exotic vegetation and idyllic beaches. Get settled in and begin to enjoy your stay in Mauritius on an All-Inclusive basis. Overnight stay in Mauritius.
All-Inclusive. Enjoy the day at your leisure. We suggest visiting a traditional market to get a closer look at Mauritian culture. The best known are the markets of Port Louis or Quatre Bornes, where you can find a myriad of traditional dishes, vibrant coloured textiles and spices. Alternatively, enjoy an optional tour of Mystic South.* Overnight stay in Mauritius.
* Optional Mystic South Tour: Visit the central town of Curepipe, home to luxurious architecture and a busy commercial hub, to see a different side of Mauritian life. Next, head to the mighty Trou-aux Cerfs, a dormant volcanic crater, situated high above the city. Head into the mountains to visit the Ganga Talao lake, secluded in the lush heart of the island and considered a sacred Hindu site. Learn about its religious significance before ending the day at the La Vanille Crocodile Park, set in lush greenery and home to crocodiles, giant tortoises and beautiful butterflies and flora.
All-Inclusive. Spend the day at your leisure, soaking up the sun or perhaps treating yourself to a spa treatment at the hotel. We recommend an optional tour of Port Louis & the North of the Island*. Overnight stay in Mauritius.
* Optional Full-Day Port Louis & North tour: Head to Port Louis and enjoy the lively waterfront, the main craft market and Fort Adelaide, built by the British in 1835. Next, visit an old Sugar Mill for exciting rum tasting and learn about the history of trade on the island. Stop at the spectacular botanical gardens of Pamplemousses, where you are blown away by nature's splendour. The gardens are home to giant water lilies, as big as three metres wide. Enjoy the afternoon in the beautiful gardens before returning to the hotel.
Breakfast* at the hotel. It's time to bid farewell to magical Mauritius. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the UK/Ireland. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Visa (required), vaccines,* drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Vaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended. Carry your international immunization card.
See important notes
* Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** Sopa Lodges may remain closed until July 2021. The following alternative accommodation will be provided:
In Masai Mara
*** All-Inclusive Package in Mauritius includes: International Breakfast Buffet, Lunch Buffet (free option to eat at the Burger Bar for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.), afternoon tea and pancakes from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Themed Buffet Dinner (organized on the Beach Esplanade every Wednesday & Saturday). Beverages: Served from 10:30 a.m. -10:30 p.m. including a selection of local bottled alcoholic drinks such as beer, rum, vodka, wine, whisky, gin, spirits, a selection of cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks such as juice, soft, tea/coffee, and still/sparkling water. Minibar with a selection of locally bottled drinks replenished once a day.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 30 April 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.