Japan in 13 Days
Wonders of Nippon with Bullet Train
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Discover the beauty of Japan's architecture, ancient customs and vibrant cities. Explore the neighborhoods of Asakusa, Shibuya and Shinjuku in Tokyo and uncover the capital's fusion of tradition and technology. Catch the bullet train to Kyoto and fall in love with its historic buildings, temples and cultural traditions. Finally, discover vibrant Osaka, the street food capital of Japan!
13 days trip including flights*
11 days and 10 nights in destination
NYC - TYO
NYC - TYO
KIX - NYC
KIX - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Prepare for an unforgettable journey across Japan, exploring its natural wonders and ancient traditions! Arrive at your departure airport, ready for a flight* to Tokyo. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Tokyo and take a shared shuttle bus transfer to the hotel. Tokyo is a dazzling metropolis rich in history and tradition. Once settled at the hotel, the rest of the day is free to start discovering this exciting city of contrasts and its delicious cuisine. We recommend heading to one of the many food markets where you can sample lots of different dishes for bargain prices! Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, take a half-day tour of the city of Tokyo including the most important sights in the city. Begin at the famous 'Love' statue in Shinjuku and drive past Harajuku and the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine. See the National Diet Building and the Imperial Palace among other highlights before stopping in the historic neighbourhood of Asakusa, home to the Senso-ji Temple Kaminari-mon Gate and the Nakamise shopping avenue. End the tour at Tokyo Station. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day exploring Tokyo's fascinating city-scape at your leisure. Why not stroll through leafy Korakuen Garden or soak up the atmosphere of non-stop Harajuku? We recommend an optional excursion to Mount Fuji, an unmissable icon of Japan.* Overnight stay in Tokyo.
* Optional Mount Fuji Excursion: Come face-to-face with legendary Mount Fuji. Head up to the 5th Station, stopping at the market and viewing area of Michi no Eki Subashiri. At this height, you will be amazed by the breathtaking views from above the clouds. After lunch at Mount Fuji View Restaurant, visit Ashi Crater Lake and admire the superb view of Mt. Fuji whilst sailing on the lake. Afterwards, head to Hakone to enjoy the views from the Ropeway and be amazed by the volcanic Owaku-Dani Valley. Return to Tokyo with the option of ending the excursion at Odawara station.
Please note: If road conditions or unforeseen circumstances restrict the ascent to the 5th station, you will instead travel the highest elevation possible considering the circumstances. The same also applies for the cruise on Ashi Crater Lake; if conditions or circumstances prevent sailing on the lake, alternative visits and experiences will be taken to replace the activity.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day exploring Tokyo at your leisure, getting to know the shopping districts, discovering new parts of the city or simply soaking up the culture and sampling the cuisine. We recommend an exciting full-day Excursion to Nikko*. Overnight stay in Tokyo.
* Optional Full-Day Excursion to Nikko: Discover the cultural treasures and natural wonders of Nikko, including the UNESCO protected Nikko Toshogu Shrine, Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Falls. Learn about the rich history of this charming city and enjoy an included traditional Japanese lunch. Bus transfers to and from Nikko are included.
Breakfast at the hotel. Travel on one of the fastest trains on earth as you catch the Shinkansen, or bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto, an unforgettable experience! After a fast-paced journey, arrive in Kyoto, the capital of the Japanese Empire for 11 centuries. We recommend visiting Mount Hiei and its main temple in the Buddhist school of Tendaishū or exploring Pontocho, an emblematic neighbourhood known for its traditional architecture and geishas. Overnight stay in Kyoto.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off this morning on an exciting half-day Kyoto tour to see the beautiful and historical districts of Sagano, riding the Sagano Romantic Train (trolley train), enjoying a walk through the enchanting Sagano bamboo grove where bamboos cover the area, and Arashiyama's Tenryuji Temple, admiring their famous statues and pagodas. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Kyoto.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend today at your leisure, exploring the delights of Kyoto at your own pace. Perhaps explore the iconic Bamboo Forest, the perfect backdrop for budding photographers, or walk through the tranquil Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine. We recommend an optional afternoon excursion to the peaceful sanctuary of Nara.* Overnight stay in Kyoto.
* Optional Nara Excursion: Head to Nara on the Kintetsu Express Train, for a tour of two World Heritage Sites: Todai-Ji Temple and Kofukuji Temple. Encounter wild deer up close while walking through Nara Park, a rarity in Japan and worldwide and discover Todai-Ji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the world's largest wooden structures.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, take a local train to travel to Osaka. Upon arrival, the rest of the day is free to discover this charming city. We recommend visiting the Kuromon local market and its Floating Garden Observatory in the Umeda Sky Building, from which there is an unforgettable panoramic view of the city. Overnight stay in Osaka.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day on a self-guided tour of the sights of Osaka. You will have at your disposal an Osaka Metro + City Bus card to scroll around the city on your own. Also an admission ticket for the Abeno Harukas 300 Observatory. Go onto the observatory which is 300m far from the ground at the highest building in Japan to enjoy the borderless day & night scenery of Osaka. It also includes the ticket for Osaka Castle, where you have the chance to learn about the history of Japan's most famous landmarks. This castle played a major role in the unification of Japan during the Azuchi-Momoyama period. Overnight stay in Osaka.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure. exploring the cultural delights of Osaka. Get to know the local area and sample the iconic local cuisine. In fact, the street food markets of Osaka are said to be the best in the country! Overnight stay in Osaka.
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, use your Limousine bus ticket to transfer to Osaka Airport for a flight** back to the US. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Hotel Grand City, Hotel Keihan Asakusa, Super Hotel Premier Ginza, Via Inn Asakusa, Via Inn Higashi Ginza.
Included activity for day 3
Half-Day Tokyo Morning Tour
Visit 'Love' statue in Shinjuku and drive past Harajuku and the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine. See the National Diet Building and the Imperial Palace and the historic neighbourhood of Asakusa. Includes English guide.
Included activity for day 7
Kyoto Arashiyama Morning Tour with Sagano Romantic Train Ride
Discover the beautiful and historical district of Sagano, ride the Sagano Romantic Trolley Train, take a walk through the enchanting Sagano bamboo grove and visit Arashiyama's Tenryuji Temple.
Included activity for day 10
Osaka One Day Pass
Enjoy a self-tour of the city with admission to Abeno Harukas 300 Observatory and Osaka Castle. Includes Osaka Metro + City Bus Card.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 4
Mt.Fuji Excursion & Hakone Full-Day Bus Tour
Full-day tour to Mount Fuji and the surrounding sights by bus. Lunch included.
Suggested activity for day 5
Full-Day Excursion to Nikko
Discover the cultural treasures and natural wonders of Nikko, including the UNESCO protected Nikko Toshogu Shrine, Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Falls. Bus transfers and traditional Japanese lunch included.
Suggested activity for day 8
Afternoon Nara Excursion
Head to Nara on the Kintetsu Express Train, for a tour of two World Heritage Sites: Todai-Ji Temple and Kasuga Taisha Shrine. Encounter wild deer up close while walking through Nara Park and discover Todai-Ji Temple. Return train travel included.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Tokyo, Osaka - US.
- Bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto, Tokyo Subway Pass 72h, Kyoto Bus/Subway Pass 48h and local train from Kyoto to Osaka.
- 10 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels. *more informationSee hotels included
- 10 breakfasts.
- Airport transfers.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
A number of Japanese cities impose an accommodation tax, which must be paid directly to the hotel.
* Non-smoking rooms: Unfortunately, hotels in Japan have a reduced number of non-smoking rooms and we can not guarantee you will be allocated one in advance.
Please note: Double beds in Japanese hotels are not always the standard European size and can sometimes be less wide.
It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
You will have the option to purchase a Japanese SIM card for your trip in the next step of the booking process.
- Entry requirementsValid passport with at least six months validity.
- VisaNo visa is required.
- CurrencyJapanese Yen.
- Electricity110 V. Adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travelers from the US.
- Time zoneUTC + 08:00 or UTC + 09:00.
- Other useful informationYou are not expected to leave a tip.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://us.jnto.go.jp/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
This is a private tour, during which the booked excursions/visits unless otherwise stated, are carried out with a local English-speaking guide. There is no 24-hour guide on site.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
We really enjoyed our trip to Japan
Before we left for Japan I was a little concerned that our holiday would probably be centred around cities but came to realise that the cities were excellent centres from which to plan a variety of day trips.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.