England & Scotland in 12 Days
The Royal Capital and The Highlands
Discover the cosmopolitan city of London. Enjoy Edinburgh, the mountainous and compact capital of Scotland. Explore the different castles that Stirling and St. Andrews offer. Discover the port city of Aberdeen on a panoramic tour. Relax whilst tasting the famous whiskeys in Speyside. Admire the wild nature of the Highlands on the way to Inverness and enjoy a quick visit to the city of Glasgow.
12 days trip including flights*
11 days and 10 nights in destination
NYC - LON
NYC - LON
EDI - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to board a flight to London. Night on board.*
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in London and self-transfer to the hotel*. London is the capital and largest city of England and the United Kingdom. Located on the banks of the River Thames, London has been an important human settlement since it was founded by the Romans originally named Londinium almost two millennia ago. London is a global city, one of the nerve centers in the arts, commerce, education, maintenance, fashion, finance, media, research, tourism and transport. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore the city. Overnight stay in London.
* You will have the option to add a transfer from the airport to your hotel in the next step of the booking process. Please contact our customer service if you require a transfer from an airport other than LGW or LHR.
Breakfast at the hotel. See London from a different perspective today, with a sightseeing cruise along the River Thames! Take in the views of several of the capital's most emblematic riverside landmarks, such as Tower Bridge, Southbank and the London Eye and enjoy the fully-stocked bar to buy drinks and snacks as you listen to the entertaining onboard commentary! Afternoon free to enjoy the capital at your leisure. Overnight stay in London.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to continue exploring the wonderful city of London. Overnight stay in London.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, self-transfer* to the London Kings Cross Station to take the train to Edinburgh. Arrive in Edinburgh and transfer to the hotel. The capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is famed for its charming medieval Old Town and elegant Georgian New Town with neoclassical gardens and buildings. The rest of the day is free at your leisure to explore the city. Overnight stay in Edinburgh.
Please note: During the winter season, the itinerary may be affected. In this case, it is important to review the notes section before your departure.
*you will have the possibility to add a transfer from the hotel to the train station in the next step of the booking.
Breakfast at the hotel. Discover the city’s most famous tourist sights and monuments on a panoramic walking tour of Edinburgh with a professional English-speaking guide, visiting the Grassmarket area of the city, the elegant Georgian New Town and the historic Old Town. Among its main attractions, there is the Palace of Holyroodhouse, St Giles Cathedral and The National Gallery of Scotland. Stroll along the majestic Royal Mile and visit Canongate. Take some free time in the afternoon to wander through the city's atmospheric streets at your leisure, browsing the shops or stopping for a warming 'dram' of whiskey in one of the local bars. We recommend an optional visit to legendary Edinburgh Castle*. Overnight stay in Edinburgh.
* Optional Edinburgh Castle visit: Edinburgh Castle is an ancient fortress built on a volcanic rock located in the centre of the city. It has been used for military purposes since the 12th century, being used for civil uses only in very recent times. Enter it and explore all the corners of this wonderful castle!
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a full day at your leisure to continue discovering this amazing city. Why not take in the views from Carlton Hill or, if the weather is good, take a hike up Arthur's Seat for an unforgettable panorama of Edinburgh and beyond. Alternatively, Edinburgh is a paradise for shoppers, with plenty of quirky boutiques to explore. Overnight stay in Edinburgh.
After breakfast, meet your guide and depart towards Stirling. The castle played an important role during the Scottish independence wars and many will recognise it as it is featured in the 1995 film, Braveheart. Continue to St Andrews where to visit this picturesque town, known as the home of golf. Enjoy some free time to take in the sea views before continuing towards Aberdeen, stopping on the way to take pictures of beautiful Dunnottar Castle. Overnight stay in Aberdeen.
Breakfast at the hotel. Explore the city of Aberdeen on a guided Panoramic coach tour. Visit the area surrounding the Cairngorm Mountains, home to breathtaking scenery, typical of the Scottish Highlands. Enjoy some free time at your disposal at lunchtime. In the afternoon, head to Speyside, famous for the whisky distilleries. Here, pay a visit to a local whisky distillery for a fascinating tour and tasting session. Afterwards, return to Aberdeen for an overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Head west today as you depart on a guided coach journey towards Inverness. Along the route, admire the wild nature of the Highlands as you pass by spectacular landscapes of moorlands and glens. Arrive in Inverness, the capital of the Highlands, and enjoy a city tour. Afterwards, leave the city behind as you head to your hotel in the beautiful area of Aviemore, within the Cairngorms National Park. Overnight stay in the Aviemore area.
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, depart south towards Glasgow via the beautiful Trossachs where you can admire the scenery and see the largest Loch in Scotland, Loch Lomond. On arrival in Glasgow, the second most important and largest city in Scotland, enjoy a panoramic tour and some free time to explore the city at your leisure. In the evening, return to Edinburgh to enjoy your final night in Scotland at your leisure. Overnight stay in Edinburgh.
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Doubletree Chelsea, Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, Novotel London West, Novotel London Wembley, Thistle Hyde Park Lancaster Gate.
Included activity for day 3
Duration 00:30h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
London City Cruise
Set off on a sightseeing cruise along the River Thames! Take in the views of several of the capital's most emblematic riverside landmarks, such as Tower Bridge and the London Eye and enjoy entertaining onboard commentary along the way!
What's included: River cruise from London Eye/Westminster Pier – Tower of London pier (one way). Live or recorded commentary using City Experience app. Not included: Pick up and drop off. Drinks.
Included activity for day 6
Pick up time: info at destination
Edinburgh City Tour
Visit the Grassmarket area of the city, the elegant Georgian New Town and the historic Old Town and its main attractions, such as the Palace of Holyroodhouse and The National Gallery of Scotland. Enjoy a walking tour of the Royal Mile andvisit Canongate.
Included activity for day 9
Whisky distillery with Tour and Tasting
In Speyside, visit a whisky distillery, enjoy a tour and experience a tasting.
Included activity for day 9
Aberdeen Panoramic Tour
Explore the city of Aberdeen in a Panoramic Tour by coach with a guide. Visit the area, surroundings and the Cairngorm Mountains.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - London; Edinburgh - US.
- Train from London Kings Cross Station to Edinburgh Waverly Station.
- 10 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 10 Breakfasts.
- Some transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.*more information
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- Air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- London city cruise
- English speaking driver & guide.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
*The airport transfer in London and the transfer to King's Cross Station are not included. Both transfers can be added for an additional cost in the next step of the booking process.
* Important: For departures during the winter season (from November 2021 to March 2022), the order of the itinerary will be different from that provided. Instead, the following order will apply: 3 nights in Edinburgh; 2 nights in Aberdeen visiting Dundee and Perth; 1 night in Glasgow; 1 night in Edinburgh.
- Entry requirementsValid passport with at least six months validity.
- VisaA visa is not required for stays of up to 6 months.
- CurrencyPound Sterling.
- Electricity230 V. Adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from the US/Canada.
- Time zoneGMT.
- Other useful informationPeople drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Tourist Office websitewww.visitbritain.com
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or canceled without prior notice.
Children: 2 - 12 years.