Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam in 20 Days
Bangkok, Angkor Wat & Ha Long Bay
Explore the natural wonders and national treasures of Southeast Asia. Be amazed by eye-opening Bangkok, explore the legendary temples of Angkor Wat, in Siem Reap and delve into Cambodian history in the capital of Phnom Penh. Experience the bustling city of Hanoi, the mystic waters of the stretching Mekong Delta, the historic capital Ho Chi Minh City and relax on an overnight cruise on Ha Long Bay
19 days trip including flights*
18 days and 17 nights in destination
NYC - BKK
NYC - BKK
Ho Chi Minh
Ho Chi Minh
Ho Chi Minh
Ha Long Bay
HAN - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at your US departure airport * ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Bangkok. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in the capital of Thailand and transfer to your hotel. Bangkok is one of the most influential, modern and lively cities in Southeast Asia due to it's economic, political and social development. Make the most of your time in the city by exploring the bustling street markets or enjoying some of the exotic street food on offer. Overnight in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a fascinating tour of Bangkok's temples. Head to Yaowarat Road, in Chinatown, to visit magical Wat Traimit temple, which houses the largest solid gold Buddha in the world, almost five meters high and an amazing five and a half tons in weight. Continue to Wat Pho, the largest temple in Bangkok where the famous Reclining Buddha is kept. After admiring the sheer size of the temple, continue to the astounding Wat Benchamabophit or The Marble Temple, a Buddhist sanctuary built in white Italian marble in the 18th century, with elegant and intricate designs. Finally, enjoy a visit to the State Factory of Precious Stones, for the opportunity to buy local jewellery, crafts and silks. Overnight stay in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend a day exploring Bangkok at your own pace. We recommend visiting some of the emblematic temples dotted around the city and soaking up the atmosphere of the famous night markets. Overnight stay in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today explore the most significant temples in the Angkor Complex. Visit the ancient capital, Angkor Thom and enjoy the unique decorative towers of the Bayon Temple. At Preah Khan Temple, wonder at the 12th-century splendour before you continue to Ta Prohm in the afternoon, home to the enormous iconic fig tree roots that grow through the middle of the temple. Admire Bayon architecture at Banteay Kdei temple before you finally arrive at Angkor Wat, the world heritage site and most revered of all the Cambodian temples. It features the longest bas-relief in the world and is the perfect place to watch the sunset over the entire temple complex. Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, soaking up the ambience of Siem Reap, or perhaps exploring the sights at your own pace. We recommend an optional excursion to Phnom Kulen Mountain, a sacred pilgrimage site home to remote temples.* Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
* Optional Half-Day Phnom Kulen Mountain Excursion: Enjoy a 1-hour scenic drive to Phnom Kulen Mountain, considered by Khmers to be the most sacred mountain in Cambodia. Visit a modern pagoda, which offers stunning views over the Angkor area, and be amazed by the eight-meter tall statue of a reclining Buddha. Continue to the River of One Thousand Lingas and the magnificent waterfall nearby, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim. Return to Siem Reap.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, exploring the lively city centre. We recommend enjoying an optional excursion to Tonle Sap Lake and an optional Tuk-Tuk Street Food tour.* Overnight stay in Siem Reap.
* Optional Morning Tonle Sap Lake Excursion: Transfer to Tonle Sap Lake, a huge freshwater body of water, known for it's floating villages. Enjoy a boat ride through the villages, complete with floating farms, schools, gardens and temples. Return to dry land and visit the Old Market of Siem Reap.
* Optional Evening Tuk-Tuk Street Food Tour: Set off in the evening to the local night market and discover the wide array of regional cuisine and snacks. Take a tuk-tuk to a local Cambodia restaurant to enjoy a traditional dinner.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, catch the Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus* headed for the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure to explore this vibrant city, filled with beautiful French colonial architecture and situated at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap Rivers. We recommend an optional city tour to get to know Phnom Penh's most emblematic sights.** Overnight stay in Phnom Penh.
* The Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus ride from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, is 320 km long and will take approximately 6 hours. Alternatively, you can take an optional flight from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh with Cambodia Angkor Air (approximately 1-hour flight time). This can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
** Optional Phnom Penh City Tour: Explore the landmarks of Phnom Penh such as the fascinating Silver Pagoda and the moving Toul Sleng Genocide Museum, for a poignant look at the country's tragic history. End the tour in the colourful Central Market.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a poignant excursion to The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, for a moving insight into the bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge. Realise the horror and tragedy of this period in Cambodian history at the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and visit the notorious Killing Fields. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Phnom Penh.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, cross the border between Cambodia and Vietnam on the Mekong Express/Giant Ibis bus* headed for Ho Chi Minh City, still known as Saigon to many of the locals. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free to explore the city and its famous night market, perfect for picking up some authentic souvenirs. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh.
* The Giant Ibis/Mekong Express bus ride from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City is 280 km long and will take approximately 6.5 hours. Alternatively, you can take an optional flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City with Cambodia Angkor Air (approximately 1-hour flight time). This can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Embark on a Full-Day Tour to soak up the rich tapestry of history and culture in Ho Chi Minh City. Visits Dong Khoi Street, home to many of the city's most important sites from the French colonial period, when the city became known as the 'Paris of the Orient'. Appreciate the restored Opera House, based on the Petit Palace in Paris and visit the Grand Hotel de Ville, now formally re-branded as the People's Committee Hall. Be amazed by the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the impressive Central Post Office, designed by the architect Gustav Eiffel. In District 5 visit China Town and the iconic Thien Hau Temple, built in honour of the goddess of the sea. Conclude your day discovery at the bustling Ben Thanh market. Return to the hotel. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in this exciting city. We recommend an optional excursion to discover the magical Mekong Delta.* Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
* Optional Mekong Delta Excursion: Depart to Ben Tre province crossing Rach Mieu bridge. On arrival in Hung Vuong Pier, hop on a motorized boat on the Ben Tre River, one of the tributes of Mekong River while witnessing the lively activities of local life along the way. Stop at a brick kiln and visit one of the many coconut processing workshops located along the canal. Take a motorized cart or bicycle along the shady paths and pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to discover everyday life on the river. Take a rowing-boat along a beautiful water palm creek before you return to the pier.
Breakfast at the hotel. You will have this morning free or join the optional half-day excursion to visit Cu Chi tunnels*. The afternoon, transfer to the airport for a flight to Hanoi. Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day free to explore the city. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion: Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi, dug in 1948 for guerrillas to escape the bombardment of French forces. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of the tunnels.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an action-packed city tour of Hanoi. Stop at Huu Tiep Lake, home to the famous downed US B-52 bomber and wander through the lively local market. Next, visit Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (viewed from the outside on Monday & Friday due to closure), and the One Pillar Pagoda, whose origins date back to the foundation of the city. Continue to Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam, the Temple of Literature and Vietnam’s first university, dating from the 11th century. Explore, on foot, Hanoi’s Old Quarter streets to see local people trading and going about their daily lives. Take a relaxing seat at a local café for a refreshing cup of coffee or green tea. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon and the rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Hanoi, experiencing the hustle and bustle of Vietnam's busiest city. We recommend an optional excursion to the beautiful natural area of Ninh Binh.* Overnight stay in Hanoi.
* Optional Full-Day Ninh Binh Excursion: Set off in the morning to the region of Ninh Binh, famous for its karst mountains and misty caves. Take a rowing boat along the natural canals of the Thung Nham Valley and explore the mystical caves along the way. Stop at a local restaurant for lunch before continuing to Mua Cave, where a 20-minute climb rewards you with breathtaking views of the Tam Coc landscape. Admire the natural beauty of Vietnam.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage area of outstanding natural beauty known for its limestone islands and glistening waters. Travel through the rich farmlands of the delta and witness the daily life of the Vietnamese villages. Arrive in Ha Long and board a traditional junk boat, to begin your cruise on the bay with a welcome drink. Lunch on board. The cruise passes by many fascinating islets and may stop for a while to visit local fishing villages, caves and limestone islands. Relax at your leisure on the sun deck. Dinner and overnight on board.
* There will be no guide on board.
Brunch on board as the junk continues to cruise around the idyllic landscapes of Ha Long Bay. Soak up the natural beauty before returning to Ha Long port. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, perhaps picking up some last-minute souvenirs or revisiting your favourite city sights. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. * Arrive in the US and end your trip.
* If your return flight departs early in the morning, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast.
Accommodation: 17 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: FuramaXclusive Sathorn.
City Tour of Bangkok
Enjoy a fascinating city tour of Bangkok for an overview of the city's most emblematic sights.
Full-Day Angkor Temples Excursion
Explore the incredible Angkor Complex. Visit the ancient capital, Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple and Preah Khan Temple, before continuing to Ta Prohm and Banteay Kdei in the afternoon. Finally arrive at Angkor Wat, the most revered of all Cambodian temples!
What's included: Transfers, entrance, guide
The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
A poignant excursion to The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. Experience a moving insight into the bloody rule of the Khmer Rouge and realise the tragedy of this period in Cambodian history at the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and the notorious Killing Fields.
What's included: Transfers, entrances, guide
Full-Day Ho Chi Minh City Sightseeing Tour
Soak up the rich tapestry of history and culture in Ho Chi Minh City. Be amazed by Notre Dame Cathedral, Thien Hau Temple and bustling Ben Thanh market as you explore the city!
What's included: Transfers, guide
Half-Day Phnom Kulen Mountain Excursion
Visit a modern pagoda, which offers stunning views over the Angkor area, and be amazed by the eight-meter tall statue of a reclining Buddha. Continue to the River of One Thousand Lingas and the magnificent waterfall nearby.
What's included: Transfer and guide
Morning excursion to Tonle Sap Lake
Visit a floating village, experience the local culture and watch the unique fishing activities. Back in Siem Reap, visit the Old Market. Includes: Transfer, guide, sightseeing fee, boat trip and a bottle of water.
What's included: Transfer and guide
Discover Cambodian Street Food by Tuk Tuk (Evening tour)
Set off in the evening to the local night market and discover the wide array of regional cuisine and snacks. Enjoy dinner at a local Cambodia restaurant.
What's included: Transfer, guide and dinner
Afternoon Phnom Penh City Tour
Guided tour to explore Cambodia’s capital and its major landmarks including the Silver Pagoda and the Toul Sleng Genocide Museum for a startling glimpse into the country’s tragic history.
What's included: Transfer and guide
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Bangkok, Hanoi - US.
- Internal flights: Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi. *more information
- 17 nights: 16 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels and 1 night on board a Ha Long Bay Cruise.See hotels included
- 16 Breakfasts, 1 Brunch, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles with bottled mineral water. **more information
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Ha Long Bay Cruise.
Cambodia visa (on arrival), Vietnam E-visa (online before traveling) *, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* US & CA passport holders are required to get an entry visa before departure.
* US & CA passport holders are able to apply for a 30-day single-entry e-visa to visit Vietnam through the website:
You MUST select ‘Moc Bai Landport’ as the point of entry in order to be allowed to enter through the checkpoint. Alternatively, if you choose to purchase the optional flight from Phnom Penh - Ho Chi Minh City instead of taking the bus, you MUST select 'Saigon' as the point of entry.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** Transfers without English speaking guide.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity and one blank passport page per stamp.
- VisaNo visa is required for stays of up to 30 days.
- CurrencyThai Baht.
- Electricity220 V. European and U.S. plugs
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneUTC + 07:00.
- Other useful informationIn Thailand they drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.tourismthailand.org/home
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple room: the third bed will be a rollaway bed.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
An excellent trip
It has certainly been an excellent trip. We have enjoyed it a lot thanks to the attention and treatment received from the entire team.