Peru & Argentina in 17 Days
From Machu Picchu to the Perito Moreno
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Combine two bucket-list-worthy treasures of South America on a journey through Peru and Argentina, from magnificent Machu Picchu to the impressive Perito Moreno Glacier. Discover the Inca capital of Cuzco and cosmopolitan Lima and uncover the secrets of the Sacred Valley. Soak up the cosmopolitan atmosphere and culture of Buenos Aires and trek glaciers in El Calafate in Patagonia.
17 days trip including flights*
15 days and 14 nights in destination
NYC - LIM
NYC - LIM
BUE - NYC
BUE - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Lima. Night on board. *
* Important: If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Lima, the capital of Peru, situated on the Pacific Coast. Transfer to the hotel, and spend the rest of the day exploring the city's colonial streets and magical plazas at your leisure. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent. Start by exploring the districts of Miraflores and San Isidro before heading to the Historic Center. Visit the impressive Convent of Santo Domingo and walk to the Plaza de Armas to admire the exquisite colonial architecture that surrounds it. Next, stop in the Parque del Amor, from where you can take beautiful photos of the Peruvian coastline. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley, on the way stop at Awanakancha and savour the opportunity to explore this living museum, where ancient customs and traditions have been preserved across the centuries. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the beautiful views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the lively immaculate scenery of this iconic region. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Breakfast at the hotel. An exciting day at Machu Picchu awaits you this morning as you set off for the train station to board the Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes, admiring the landscape along the way. Arrive and transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu*, a true wonder of the world and one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Spend some time discovering the ruins and being amazed by the terraces and enjoying a tour of the different sections of the site. Return to the Sacred Valley by train and transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Note: The baggage policy on board the Expedition train is 1 bag or backpack per person weighing a maximum of max. 5kg / 11lb.
* Backpacks or bags taken into Machu Picchu must not exceed 40x35x20cms or have a capacity larger than 20Lts and must not contain single-use plastic bottles or bags. Backpacks or bags that exceed the indicated measurements can be left in storage for approx. $2 per bag.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off towards Cuzco, with the opportunity to enjoy optional Sacred Valley excursion along the way, to experience the best of the region.* Arrive in Cuzco and spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, enjoying the lively plazas at night. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
* Optional Essence of the Sacred Valley Excursion: Visit Chinchero and the PARWA Centre, to appreciate the colourful traditional textiles. Next, visit the church of Chinchero before heading to the Racchi panoramic viewpoint for a fantastic view across the valley. Explore Ollantaytambo and its Inca fortress. Price per person with lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco' included granting entrance to the Sacred Valley and surrounding sights: $98.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a fascinating half-day tour of Cuzco. Begin in the iconic Plaza de Armas, and visit the Cathedral. From here, walk to the Koricancha Temple, an impressive ancient Inca palace, in honour of the Sun God. Today, a Dominican church stands on the site. Finally, visit the lively San Blas neighbourhood, known for its artists, shops and artisan workshops. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and sampling the local cuisine. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Lima. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the evening at your leisure, ready to continue your South American adventure in the morning. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrive in Buenos Aires and transfer to the hotel. Spend the day discovering the vibrant capital, a sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires. *
* If your flight arrives in Buenos Aires in the early hours of the morning, and you wish to have your room available before 2:00 p.m, you can book early check-in in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to El Calafate, a town near the edge of the unique region of Southern Patagonia, and home to the huge Perito Moreno glacier. Spend the day at your leisure exploring the town and sampling the unique cuisine of this other-worldly region. Overnight stay in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Journey to the amazing Perito Moreno, the most famous glacier in the world. On arrival, enjoy an included tour of the Glacier National Park and view Lake Argentino, Argentina´s biggest freshwater on a Nautical Safari. From here it is possible to contemplate the beauty of Perito Moreno. Stroll along the walkways in front of the glacier to see this spectacular ice mass from different perspectives. Return to El Calafate and enjoy an evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, exploring the surroundings at your own pace. You'll be captivated by the landscapes of this special region. If you want to know more about the glaciers, head to the Glaciarium Patagonian Ice Museum!. Overnight stay in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Buenos Aires. Transfer to your hotel and, depending on your arrival time, spend the rest of the afternoon in the vibrant capital. The city is home to numerous museums and galleries, are a brilliant way to learn more about Argentinian culture. We recommend the Eva Peron museum, an important figure in Argentine history. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day on fascinating city tour exploring the charming corners of the city. The city is known as the birthplace of the Tango. Explore the contrasting neighbourhoods: the colourful houses of La Boca, the culture of La Recoleta, the old town, San Telmo or the young, vibrant neighbourhood of Puerto Madero. End the tour in the famous neighbourhood of Palermo, known as the 'Lungs of Buenos Aires' due to its abundant green spaces. In the evening, we recommend an optional Argentinian Tango Show & Dinner for an unforgettable evening of Argentine culture and dance. * Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Dinner & Tango Show: Enjoy the traditional dance of Argentina and feast on the delicious local cuisine. Price per person: $82.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, revisiting your favourite spots in the city or discovering the fantastic shopping opportunities. We recommend an optional excursion to the Tiger Delta to see the city from a different perspective.* Overnight stay.
* Optional Half-Day Excursion to the Tiger Delta: Discover the landscapes that Buenos Aires offers from the Río de la Plata and visit charming San Isidro, a town of great historical and architectural importance. On the Delta, take a boat and discover what life is like in this area of islands. Admire the amazing houses and mansions located in the ravines on the shore and enjoy views of the Cathedral of San Isidro; the Port of Olivos; the Monumental stadium of River and the University City of Buenos Aires. Return to Buenos Aires. Price per person: $69.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Arawi Miraflores Express, Casa Andina Standard Benavides, Casa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro, El Tambo, Habitat Hotel, Hotel San Antonio Abad, Ibis Larco Miraflores, Ibis Lima Reducto Miraflores, Los Girasoles, Mercure Ariosto Lima, Tambo Dos de Mayo.
Included activity for day 3 in Lima
Duration 03:30h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
City Tour of Colonial and Modern Lima
Enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent.
Included activity for day 5 in Machu Picchu
Duration 01:30h Approx.
Visit to Machu Picchu by Expedition or Voyager Train
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, a true wonder of the world! Discover these ancient Inca ruins, perched high in the Andes, for a truly unforgettable experience!
Included activity for day 7 in Cuzco
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 14:00 Approx
Half-Day Cuzco Tour
Begin your tour in the Plaza de Armas and visit the Cathedral, Koricancha Temple and the San Blas Neighborhood.
Included activity for day 14
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Buenos Aires City Tour
Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 5
Upgrade: Go and Return 360° train to Aguas Calientes
Upgrade to the 360° train to Aguas Calientes which has an open-air observatory wagon with bar and higher and wider panoramic windows.
Suggested activity for day 6 in Sacred Valley
Duration 08:00h Approx.
The Essence of the Sacred Valley (with lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco')
Full day excursion to the Sacred Valley including Ollantaytambo, PARWA Traditional Textiles Centre and Chinchero. Lunch and BTCP included.
Suggested activity for day 14
Dinner & Tango Show
An immersive evening of Argentinian food and arts at the Dinner and Tango Show.
Suggested activity for day 15 in Buenos Aires
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:15
Tigre Delta Excursion
Navigate the rivers of the Tigre Delta on this boat excursion, to enjoy wonderful landscapes of the Rio de la Plata. Also, visit the city of San Isidro.
What's included: Transfer/ Guide / Navigation in the Delta
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Lima, Buenos Aires - US.
- Internal and international flights: Lima - Cuzco, Cuzco - Lima, Lima - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - El Calafate, El Calafate - Buenos Aires.
- Train Journey from Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes on board the Expedition Train. *more information
- 14 nights accommodation in Charm category hotels.See hotels included
- 14 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with English speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Drinks, National Park Entrance Fees - approximately $16, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
If you are interested in travelling on a date not included in our departures calendar, please contact our Customer Service Department.
It is mandatory to send a copy of the valid passports of all passengers to email@example.com once you have made your reservation.
We strongly recommend you consult your healthcare provider regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness.
- Entry requirementsPassport with at least six months validity. One page required for stamp.
- VisaFree visa on arrival.
- CurrencyPeruvian Sol.
- Electricity220V, 60 Hz. U.S. style plug. Check the voltage.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.peru.travel/en-us/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Family tour of Peru
This was a family tour with our 13 and 9 year olds. Everything was perfect - all transfers were on time, we had guides at all important parts of the tour, good hotels, good food and good transfer vehicles! We can't wait for our next trip with Exoticca soon!
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.