The highlights of two South American giants together in one unforgettable journey. Travel to the land of the tango and explore the elegant neighbourhoods and exquisite cuisine of Buenos Aires. Fall in love with the landscapes and sound of the powerful cascades at the Iguazu Falls and soak up the atmosphere and rhythms of vibrant Rio de Janeiro. Pack your bags, ready for a journey of a lifetime!
Arrival at US departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight to Buenos Aires. Night on board.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Buenos Aires and transfer to the hotel. Spend the day discovering the vibrant capital, a sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
* If your flight arrives in Buenos Aires in the early hours of the morning, and you wish to have your room available before 3:00 p.m, you can book early check-in in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a half-day included tour exploring the charming corners of the city. The city is known as the birthplace of the Tango. Explore the contrasting neighbourhoods: the colorful houses of La Boca, the culture of La Recoleta, the old town, San Telmo or the young, vibrant neighbourhood of Puerto Madero. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, revisiting your favourite spots in the city or discovering the fantastic shopping opportunities. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Half-Day Excursion to the Tiger Delta: Discover the landscapes that Buenos Aires offers from the Río de la Plata and visit charming San Isidro, a town of great historical and architectural importance. On the Delta, take a boat and discover what life is like in this area of islands. Admire the amazing houses and mansions located in the ravines on the shore and enjoy views of the Cathedral of San Isidro; the Port of Olivos; the Monumental stadium of River and the University City of Buenos Aires. Return to Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu, home of the most astounding waterfalls in the world. Arrive and transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day is free. If your arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or simply relaxing in the beautiful natural setting. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on this included excursion by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80 metre (262 feet) high sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees. * Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At the dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the second in dimension and the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Take an included excursion to the waterfalls on the Brazilian side of the border for a different perspective of this wonder of nature and for a chance to see some unforgettable panoramic views of the thundering falls and the lush landscapes that surround them. Return to the Argentinian side for your overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Get settled in before spending the rest of the day at your leisure, soaking up the vibrant atmosphere and gorgeous landscapes. Take a walk along the beachside promenade to watch the locals playing football on Copacabana and Ipanema beach. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the famous Cerro de Corcovado and admire the famous and immense stone sculpture, Christ of the Redeemer, sculptured by Francés Paul Landowski and considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Afterwards, explore the Sambodromo, home of Rio Carnival, the Selaron Steps and the exterior of the Maracana Stadium. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, or alternatively, we recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain.* Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel *. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a return flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
12 days trip including flights*
10 days and 9 nights in destination
NYC - BUE
NYC - BUE
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
RIO - NYC
RIO - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Tourist City Tax. National Park Entrance Fees - approximately $32, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentartion of the internal flights will be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your departure date. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
Maximum checked baggage limit on internal flights is 15kg.
You may find a cheaper price for optional excursions at the destination, but it is recommended that you book throught Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
The hotel in Rio was excellent and in an amazing position. The airport pickups were all waiting for us on arrival and the pickups and guides for the tours were all punctual, friendly and informative.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.