Colombia in 9 Days
Medellín, Coffee Trail & Tayrona
Experience the highlights of diverse Colombia on a journey from the city to the lush coffee-country and the Caribbean coast. Soak up the culture and vibrant atmosphere of Medellín, known as the 'City of Eternal Spring' and sample Colombia's finest coffee in Armenia. Finally, head to the natural paradise of Tayrona to enjoy its Caribbean beaches and incredible biodiversity.
9 days trip including flights*
9 days and 8 nights in destination
NYC - MDE
SMR - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
It's time to say 'hola' to Colombia as you head to your departure airport, ready for a flight* to Medellín. Arrive in the hillside city and transfer to the hotel, catching sight of the captivating city skyline along the way. Overnight stay in Medellín.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Get to know this colorful city today as you set off on a morning tour of Medellín. Begin at the Casa Museo de la Memoria to learn about the turbulent history of the city before taking a cable car ride to the neighborhood of La Sierra, an up-and-coming part of town where you can uncover the essence of modern Medellín in Commune 13, with its vibrant street art and community atmosphere. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to explore the city at your leisure. Why not explore Colombia's rich artistic heritage at the Antioquia Museum or take a stroll through Plaza Botero? Overnight stay in Medellín.
* Please note: Casa Museo de la Memoria is closed on Mondays.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Medellín, known as the 'City of Eternal Spring'. Soak up some culture in the Museo de Antioquia, wander through the tranquil Botanic Gardens or simply people-watch in one of the city's sunny plazas. Alternatively, we recommend an excursion to Peñol and Guatapé.* Overnight stay in Medellín.
* Optional Full-Day Excursion to Peñol and Guatapé: Explore the town of Peñol, known for its impressive, energy-producing reservoir. Move on to Piedra de El Peñol, a strange stone monolith, and climb 724 steps to reach the peak for unforgettable panoramic views. After descending, stop for lunch before visiting the town of Guatapé to appreciate its picturesque houses and to enjoy a boat trip on the reservoir.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the city behind today as you transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Armenia, one of the major centers of coffee production in the country! Arrive, transfer to the hotel and get settled before enjoying the remainder of the day at your leisure. Surrounded by the dramatic peaks of the Andes, picturesque Armenia is known for its triangular-shaped Catedral La Inmaculada Concepción and leafy Parque de la Vida. Overnight stay in Armenia.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on an unforgettable full-day tour of the Cocora Valley today, beginning with the charming town of Filandia to explore its colonial streets and charming, colorful architecture. Ascend to Quindio viewpoint to appreciate incredible 360-degree views of the surrounding landscapes of coffee plantations and mountains. Next, stop at a local basket-weaving workshop to learn about this traditional craft and enjoy a drink and sweet treat at a nearby restaurant. The adventure continues as you head into the magical Cocora Valley, appreciating the beautiful, verdant landscapes along the way. Upon arrival, be greeted with a traditional welcome cocktail to refresh before setting off on a forest walk to appreciate the immense flora and fauna of this pristine environment. On the way back, see the tallest wax palm tree in the world: the Quindío wax palm! A national symbol, witness a traditional local ritual and learn about the ancient practice of tree worshipping. After some free time, continue to the beautiful town of Salento to visit the Plaza de Bolivar and admire the colorful balconies and artisan workshops. Return to Armenia and enjoy an evening to relax at your own pace. Overnight stay in Armenia.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of Armenia's lively Plaza de Bolivar or exploring the impressive Cathedral La Inmaculada Concepción. Overnight stay in Armenia.
Breakfast at the hotel. Head to the coast today, as you transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Santa Marta, situated on the northern Caribbean coast. Arrive and transfer to your hotel, nestled within the Tayrona Natural Park, an area of incredible natural beauty. Get settled and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, taking in the spectacular sea views and relaxing at your own pace. Overnight stay in Tayrona.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day to unwind at your leisure. Kick back on the immaculate Caribbean beaches or go hiking along the plentiful trails to discover the rich biodiversity of this beautiful coastal area. The park covers approximately 30 square kilometers, so there's plenty to explore! Overnight stay in Tayrona.
Breakfast at the hotel. Unfortunately, it's time to bid farewell to beautiful Colombia. At the indicated time, transfer to Santa Marta airport for a flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip.
Accommodation: 8 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Poblado Alejandria.
Peñol & Guatapé Excursion
Visit Peñol reservoir and the famous Peñol Stone, a 220-metre high rock monolith to climb the 724 steps to the top. The views of the surrounding countryside are worth the climb! Also visit Guatapé town and cruise on the reservoir.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Medellín, Santa Marta - US.
- Internal flights: Medellín - Armenia - Santa Marta.
- 8 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 8 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.*more information
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Entrances, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Please note: transfers are with a Spanish-speaking driver.
- Entry requirementsYour passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Colombia.
- VisaUS Passport holders can enter Colombia for up to 90 days as a visitor without a visa.
- CurrencyColombian Peso.
- Electricity110 V, 60 Hz.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneGMT - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.colombia.co/en/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
1 child under 10 years old can share a bed with their parents.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.