South Africa, Zimbabwe & Botswana in 11 Days
Cape Town, Victoria Falls & Chobe
The perfect introduction to South African culture, landscapes and history in Cape Town combined with a stay at the magnificent Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and enjoying a full day at Botswana's Chobe National Park.
A magical journey awaits in South Africa,Zimbabwe and Botswana. Land in Cape Town, home to beautiful beaches and the iconic Table Mountain. Discover the diverse cultures and vibrant gastronomic scene of South Africa's 'Mother City' before heading to Zimbabwe to contemplate the mighty Victoria Falls, a true masterpiece of nature! Finally, discover Chobe National Park.
11 days trip including flights*
9 days and 8 nights in destination
NYC - CPT
NYC - CPT
VFA - NYC
VFA - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at your US departure airport ready to check in for a flight * to Cape Town. Night on board.
* If your outbound flight leaves at dawn (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the selected departure day.
Touch down in Cape Town, one of three capital cities in South Africa. Transfer to the hotel and, once settled, enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. Known as the 'Mother City', Cape Town is famed for its diverse cultures and its exceptional landscapes of beaches, mountains and Winelands. Why not take a stroll along the V&A waterfront or explore the colorful neighborhood of Bo-Kaap? Overnight stay in Cape Town.
Why not make the most of your time in South Africa by adding one of our optional excursion packages. Choose our Gastronomic packages in the next step of the booking process!
Our Gastronomic Package includes two meals at excellent restaurants in Cape Town plus a Bo-Kapp Cooking Tour and Cape Winelands Excursion.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the ticket hop-on hop-off tour in Cape Town. South Africa's capital combines cosmopolitanism, culture, architecture, and the best of nature. With the hop-on and hop-off ticket, you will be able to do over 30 stops to enjoy some of the most remarkable attractions of the 'Mother City'. Take the Cableway and go up to Table Mountain where you can enjoy one of the most breathtaking views of Africa's landscapes.* Transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Cape Town.
* Please note: the Table Mountain Cableway in Cape Town will be closed for maintenance from the 25th of July until the 28th of August 2022. If your trip coincides with these dates, you will enjoy an included Sunset Cruise instead and your included Hop-On Hop-Off bus tickets will still enable you to visit the lower station of the cableway if you wish.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day by discovering the city further. We recommend taking the optional Cape Winelands excursion, especially if you're a wine lover as this region is known for its award-winning whites and reds.* Overnight stay in Cape Town.
* Optional Full-Day Wine Route Excursion with Wine Tasting: Set off into the lush Winelands outside of Cape Town and visit the wine producers in Stellenbosch for delicious wine tasting and a cellar tour. (This excursion is included in our Gastronomic Package of 4 excursions, available in the next step of the booking process!)
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day by discovering the city further. We recommend taking the optional Full-Day tour of the Cape Peninsula, a paradise of natural beauty, vineyards and coastal seal and penguin colonies!* Overnight stay in Cape Town.
* Optional Full-Day Cape Peninsula Excursion: Enjoy the delights of the Cape Peninsula including Clifton, Camps Bay, Llandudno and the amazing Twelve Apostles. Pass through Noordhoek and see the local ostriches before visiting the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Cape Point. Fall in love with the Penguin Colony and Boulder's Beach and see Simons Town and Muizenberg Beach.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Victoria Falls. Named after Queen Victoria of England by the explorer David Livingstone, these impressive waterfalls are just one of the gifts that nature has given to southern Africa. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Get comfortable at the hotel and perhaps explore the surroundings at your leisure. We recommend an optional Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River, an unforgettable way to spend your first night in Zimbabwe.* Overnight stay in Victoria Falls.
* Optional Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River: Transfer to the jetty for a Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River. Includes drinks and snacks on board.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today visit the Zimbabwe side of the awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage Site of Victoria Falls. Described locally as 'The Smoke That Thunders', Victoria Falls sits at the south of the Zambezi River, between Zimbabwe and Zambia. Spend some time being amazed by the power of the falls and visit different vantage points to discover the sheer scale of this natural wonder. During the afternoon we recommend the optional Flight of the Angels Helicopter Experience * or the optional Guided Tour of the Falls from Zambia and Zimbabwe sides.** Return to the hotel for an overnight stay in Victoria Falls.
* Optional Flight of the Angels Helicopter Experience (13 Minutes): To put the Victoria Falls into a true perspective, they must really be seen from the air. The sheer size and grandeur of the spectacle become all the more clearer from above. The huge Zambezi River flowing slowly south as the water spreads across the full width of a great rent in the earth before crashing over the lip in a burst of spray and then squeezing into a narrow, foaming, blast of water rushing down the zigzag funnel of the gorges.
** Optional Guided Tour of the Falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe): A guided tour of the falls enables you to delve into the local customs and traditions while gaining insight into how such an exquisite creation came to be. An aura of excitement envelopes everyone who lays eyes on this incredible spectacle and guided tours are conducted from both Zambia and Zimbabwe sides.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today embark on a safari game drive in the Chobe National Park, known for its large herds of elephants and wandering prides of lions. Cruise along the Chobe River, and spot the local game before enjoying lunch at a safari lodge. Take in the spectacular landscapes and wildlife before returning to Zimbabwe for an overnight stay. You will need to take your passport and Botswana visa with you on this trip to cross the border. Overnight stay in Victoria Falls.
Please note: you will need to obtain a double-entry visa-on-arrival at Victoria Falls airport when you first arrive. Cost approx $50-70.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Victoria Falls.
Breakfast * at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to US. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Arrive in US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Cresta Grande.
Included activity for day 3 in Cape Town
Duration 09:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Cape Town Hop-On Hop-Off Tour & Table Mountain
Enjoy the a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour ticket to discover most remarkable attractions of the 'Mother City'. Take the Cableway up to Table Mountain for unforgettable views across the city and beyond.
What's included: Tickets Hop on, Hop Off, Cable car tickets (afternoon tickets)
Included activity for day 7
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Wild Horizons Tour of the Falls - Zimbabwe side
Visit the Zimbabwe side of the Victoria Falls. Spend some time being amazed by the power of the falls and visit different vantage points to discover the sheer scale of this natural wonder.
What's included: Transfers, park fees
Included activity for day 8
Duration 12:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Day Trip to Chobe National Park
Drive south across the Zimbabwe/Botswana border and continue to Chobe National Park in northern Botswana for an all-day game viewing drive. You will need to obtain a double-entry visa on arrival at Victoria Falls.
What's included: Transfers, lunch, park fees, game drive in Chobe National Park, Boat cruise in Chobe National park Not included: Visa fees
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 2
Gastronomic Package of 4 Excursions
This package includes a Cape Winelands Excursion (day 7), a meal at Baii Seafood Restaurant at the V&A Waterfront (day of your choice), a Bo-Kapp Cooking Tour (day 8) and an exciting meal and drumming experience at Gold Restaurant (day of your choice).
What's included: Cape Winelands Excursion, a meal at Baii Seafood Restaurant at the V&A Waterfront, a Bo-Kapp Cooking Tour and an exciting meal and drumming experience at Gold Restaurant. Not included: Transfers to/from Baii Seafood Restaurant. Transfers to/from Bo-Kapp Cooking Tour.
Suggested activity for day 4
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Winelands Visit and Wine Tasting Full Day
Set off into the lush Winelands outside of Cape Town and visit the wine producers in Stellenbosch for delicious wine tasting.
What's included: 2 Wine tastings in 2 different wineries, transfers, guide.
Suggested activity for day 5
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:31 Approx
Cape Peninsula Full-Day Excursion
Enjoy the delights of the Cape Peninsula including Clifton, Camps Bay, Boulders Beach, the Penguin Colony, and the amazing Twelve Apostles. Pass through Noordhoek and see the local ostriches before visiting the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Cape Poi
What's included: Transfers, tickets, guide.
Suggested activity for day 6
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 16:00 Approx
Sunset Launch Cruise on the Zambezi River
In the evening, you will be transferred to the jetty to enjoy a Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River, which includes drinks and snacks on board. Look out for local wildlife and enjoy the scenic cruise.
What's included: Transfers, local drinks & park fees
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Cape Town, Victoria Falls - US.
- Domestic flights: Cape Town - Victoria Falls. *more information
- 8 nights hotel accommodation in Charm category hotels. **more informationSee hotels included
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles with an English-speaking driver.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Guide/s during the excursions.
Entrance visa to Zimbabwe (required), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
If you have booked any of the optional activities in Victoria Falls, it is not necessary to purchase a visa for Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana. Instead, you can buy the KANZA UNIVISA. The KAZA UNIVISA costs USD 50 and allows tourists to obtain one visa to visit Zambia and Zimbabwe multiple times. The visa is valid up to 30 days in any given period of 12 months, as long as the holder remains between those countries. It also covers those who visit Botswana for day-trips through Kazungula Borders and it can be purchased on arrival at Victoria Falls International Airport.
Why not make the most of your time in South Africa by adding one of our optional excursion packages. Choose between our Gastronomic package in the next step of the booking process!
Our Gastronomic Package includes two meals at excellent restaurants in Cape Town plus a Bo-Kapp Cooking Tour and Cape Winelands Excursion.*
* Please note: this optional package requires a minimum of 4 participants in order for it to operate. If there are not enough participants, the optional excursion will be cancelled and you will be refunded for it when you return from your trip.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum validity 30 days. Two blank consecutive pages per entry. For more information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/SouthAfrica.html
- VisaNo visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
- CurrencySouth African Rand
- LanguageAfrikaans, English, Swazi, Tsonga, Xhosa.
- Electricity230 V 50 Hz
- HealthVaccinations against Tetanus and Hepatitis are recommended. Please consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneUTC+ 02:00
- Other useful informationSouth Africa is known as the
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.southafrica.net/gl/en/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Children: 1-12 years.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Taking my first trip since covid…
Taking my first trip since covid lockdowns, I was nervous taking my first trip from Canada... Exoticca took all the precautions to make my trip to South Africa safe, fun and affordable. Amazing trip!