French Polynesia in 9 Days
Enchanting Tahiti & Magical Moorea
A truly tropical escape to the French Polynesian islands of Tahiti & Moorea, unwind amidst breathtaking natural beauty with this relaxing getaway.
Experience a truly heavenly escape to the Society Islands in French Polynesia. Touch down in Tahiti, the largest island, to unwind for 2-nights on the west coast, surrounded by verdant rainforests. Next, cross the water to Moorea, the most beautiful island in the archipelago to uncover the natural treasures of Cook's Bay and relax for 5-nights in an untouched paradise.
9 days trip including flights*
9 days and 7 nights in destination
NYC - PPT
PPT - NYC
PPT - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Ready to discover the heavenly landscape of tropical French Polynesia? Set off to your departure airport ready to board a flight to Tahiti.* Touch down in Tahiti, the largest island in French Polynesia and home to the capital city of Papeete. Enjoy a memorable meet and greet at the airport as you are welcomed with a traditional flower lei. Transfer to the hotel and take the rest of the day at your leisure to enjoy your surroundings of tropical forests and bright blue lagoons. Overnight stay in Tahiti.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Take the morning at your leisure to explore at your own pace. Why not take a stroll along the shoreline or indulge in the facilities at your hotel. In the afternoon, head out on a half-day island tour of Tahiti to discover its wealth of natural wonders. The largest island in French Polynesia and shaped like a figure-8, Tahiti is home to crystal clear lagoons, enchanting waterfalls, lush forests, black sand beaches and two extinct volcanoes. The coastal road will take you past charming villages and breathtaking ocean views as you enjoy your first taste of island life in French Polynesia. Return to your hotel and enjoy the evening at your leisure. Be sure to watch the sunset or head out to a local beach bar for an evening cocktail. Overnight stay in Tahiti.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the 'big island' behind today as you transfer to Papeete to catch a ferry to the neighboring island of Moorea, a journey of approximately 30-minutes. Arrive on the island paradise of Moorea, known as Tahiti's 'little sister', and transfer to your hotel. Get settled in and begin to unwind as you soak up the laid-back atmosphere and magical landscapes of this tropical corner of the world. One of the most scenic islands in the archipelago, Moorea is famed for its vibrant blue lagoons and lush, mountainous interior. Overnight stay in Moorea.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend a blissful day at your leisure on this idyllic island. Spend the day relaxing at the beach and admiring the ocean views or enjoying the brilliant facilities of your resort. Moorea is an incredible destination for hiking, with a number of spectacular routes that circle the island's eight characteristic mountain peaks. There's something simply magical about the landscapes here, so take some time to completely disconnect from everyday life and reconnect with nature. We recommend an optional full-day glass-bottom boat tour.* Overnight stay in Moorea.
* Optional Full-Day Glass Bottom Boat & Snorkelling Tour: Set sail with Moorean local, Captain Taina, aboard her glass-bottom boat to discover the abundant waters of Moorea Lagoon! Observe the underwater world, home to green turtles, stingrays and tropical fish and stop a private island to enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch, surrounded by the dramatic scenery of Moorea's verdant mountains. With snorkelling equipment included, you'll also have the chance to explore the seabed for yourself! Please note: this tour does not operate on Mondays.
Breakfast at the hotel. Awake to another day in paradise and set off on a full-day Miti Lagoon tour aboard a traditional outrigger canoe. Discover the abundant sea life and crystal clear lagoons that surround Moorea as you cruise around the island. Admire the different shades of blue and look out for rays and black-tip reef sharks in the shallow waters. See the vibrant coral reefs and make a stop for lunch at a quiet white sand beach, with the warm waters of the South Pacific gently lapping at your feet! You'll also have the chance to discover the underwater world as snorkeling equipment is provided onboard. After an unforgettable day discovering the paradise landscapes of Moorea, return to the hotel. Overnight stay in Moorea.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you can indulge your every whim as you relax at your leisure. If you'd like to learn more about the local culture of French Polynesia, why not pay a visit to Tiki Village on the west coast of the island or explore Pao Pao, the largest village on the island. Other sights to discover on Moorea include its abundant pineapple and vanilla plantations and the spellbinding views from Belvedere Lookout, located in the center of the island. Why not immerse yourself in the local culture with an optional full-day 'Polynesian Life' experience!* Overnight stay in Moorea.
* Optional Full-Day 'My Polynesian Life' Experience: Immerse yourself in Polynesia culture as you spend the day with Polynesian local, Sam. Spend the morning getting to grips with net-fishing techniques aboard a traditional outrigger canoe and cook an authentic Polynesian lunch with your catch of the day. In the afternoon, head to Sam's plantation to admire the amazing natural scenery and learn about the tropical flowers and fruits that are grown here. An unforgettable day in the life of a true Polynesian local!
Breakfast at the hotel. Your final full day in paradise! Spend the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure. Take these last few moments to soak up the unforgettable landscapes and warm hospitality of French Polynesia. Why not treat yourself to an indulgent massage at the hotel spa or sample the delicious French-inspired local cuisine at one of the restaurants dotted around Cook's Bay? Alternatively, take an optional 4WD tour of the island to visit a beautiful inland waterfall.* However you spend your day, it's sure to be a beautiful one! Overnight stay in Moorea.
* Optional Full-Day 4WD Moorea Island & Waterfall Excursion: Discover Moorea's magnificent landscapes on a 4-wheel-drive tour as you head inland. Stop for a picnic lunch at Pointe de Temae, for beautiful views of the ocean as you dine on traditional Polynesia food and enjoy a glass of punch. Enjoy some time at your leisure to take a refreshing dip or stroll along the beach before continuing inland to Afareaitu. From here, a short 15-minute hike will bring you to a tranquil waterfall where you have some time to relax, swim in the crystal clear waters or explore the surroundings.
Breakfast at the hotel.* Sadly, it's time to bid farewell to the idyllic shores of Moorea. Transfer to the port to catch a ferry back to Tahiti. Arriving in Papeete, transfer to the international airport ready for your return flight back to the US. Night on board.
*Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Touch down in the US and end your trip, filled with magical memories of your time in French Polynesia!
Accommodation: 7 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Hilton Tahiti, InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, Le Tahiti By Pearl Resorts.
Half-Day Island Tour of Tahiti
Tahiti is home to crystal clear lagoons, enchanting waterfalls, lush forests, black sand beaches and two extinct volcanoes. The coastal road will take you past charming villages and breathtaking ocean views as you enjoy your first taste of island life.
Full-Day Miti Lagoon Tour
Set off on a full-day Miti Lagoon tour aboard a traditional outrigger canoe. Discover the abundant sea life and crystal clear lagoons that surround Moorea as you cruise around the island. Lunch on a secluded beach and snorkeling equipment included.
Full-Day Glass Bottom Boat & Snorkelling Tour with lunch
Explore Moorea Lagoon with your Polynesian guide, Captain Taina. See the underwater world on a glass-bottomed boat tour and take the opportunity to snorkel in the abundant warm waters.
Full-Day 'My Polynesian Life' Experience with lunch
Immerse yourself in Polynesia culture as you spend the day with Moorean local, Sam. Go net-fishing aboard a traditional outrigger canoe, prepare an authentic Polynesian lunch and enjoy a tour of Sam's tropical fruit and flower plantation.
Full-Day 4WD Moorea Island & Waterfall Excursion with lunch
A full-day tour of Moore's natural wonders in a 4WD vehicle. Stop for a picnic lunch at Pointe de Temae beach and take a 15-minute hike to a tranquil waterfall, where you can swim in the waters or relax and soak up the landscapes.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Tahiti - US.
- Accomodation in Superior and Luxury category hotels.See hotels included
- 7 breakfasts and 1 lunch.
- All transfers
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.*more informationSee itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Ferry transfers: Papeete - Moorea - Papeete.
- Lagoon Studio Suite in Tahiti & Luxury Garden Bungalow in Moorea.
- Guide/s during the excursions.
Taxes, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
Please note: local city taxes are collected by the hotel upon check-out.
* The included activities may take place on different days to what is indicated in the itinerary depending on your departure date and group size etc. In any case, all included activities will be enjoyed but the days on which they take place may vary.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity with one blank passport page.
- VisaNo visa is required for stays of up to 90 days.
- CurrencyCFP Franc.
- LanguageFrench and Tahitian.
- Electricity220 V. Type E.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations.
- Time zoneUTC - 10:00.
- Other useful informationThere are 118 islands and atolls to explore in French Polynesia.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://tahititourisme.com/en-us/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.