Australia in 13 Days
Cities & Sights of Eastern Oz
An essential tour of Eastern Australia's most unmissable cities, perfect for travelers who are short on time and want to visit the most important sights in Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne.
A whistle-stop tour of the most important and vibrant cities in Eastern Australia! Soak up the atmosphere of stylish Sydney, home of the iconic Opera House, and discover the abundant Great Barrier Reef in Cairns in Queensland. Finally, explore the trendy art scene and diverse cultures of Melbourne in Victoria.
11 days trip including flights*
9 days and 9 nights in destination
NYC - SYD
NYC - SYD
NYC - SYD
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
It's time for an adventure Downunder! Pack your bags and head to your departure airport, ready for a flight to Sydney. Night on board.
Continue your journey to Sydney. Due to the time difference, you will lose a day on your outward journey but will gain it back on your return journey. You are not in-flight for two days.
Arrive in Sydney, one of Australia's biggest cities, known for its Opera House and vibrant culture. Transfer to the hotel by coach and enjoy the rest of the day relaxing after your journey or exploring the city.* A drink in one of the cafes and bars by the harbour waterfront is the perfect way to begin your holiday! Overnight stay in Sydney.
* Sydney Shuttle Transfers operate from 6:00am to 10:00pm. For guests arriving into Sydney after 7:00pm or departing on international flights prior to 9:00am or domestic flights prior to 8:00am, private transfers must be booked in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure. Why not indulge in some shopping or make like a local and head down to Bondi Beach to watch the surfers and kick-back on the beach. We recommend an optional panoramic tour to get to know the city better.* In the evening, don't miss out on the brilliant and varied cuisine on offer in Sydney's wide range of restaurants, or opt for an incredible sunset dinner cruise to discover the city from a different perspective!** Overnight stay in Sydney.
* Optional Panoramic Sydney Tour: Get picked up from your hotel and set off on a panoramic tour of the city, starting with the historic Rocks areas before soaking up the views of the magnificent Opera House and Harbour Bridge. See the city centre and the charming neighbourhood of Paddington before arriving at the Pacific Coast to visit Bondi Beach promenade. Spend some time soaking up the views at your leisure before heading back to the city via Double Bay, Kings Cross and Mrs Macquaries's Point. Please note: This tour does not operate on Anzac Day, Christmas Day or New Year's Day.
* Optional Sydney Sunset Dinner Cruise: Board the ship at King Street Wharf/Circular Quay Wharf to embark on an unforgettable sunset cruise. Tuck into a delicious 3-course al la carte menu against the backdrop of the setting sun, and enjoy the onboard bar to purchase drinks. Please note: This tour does not operate on Easter, Australia Day, Valentines Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, sampling the many varied and delicious cuisines of the city or enjoying more sightseeing at the city's numerous museums and galleries. We recommend an optional excursion to the Blue Mountains to explore this incredible region of natural beauty!* Overnight stay in Sydney.
*Optional Full-Day Blue Mountains Canyons & Wildlife Excursion: Set off on an unforgettable full-day excursion to the breathtaking Blue Mountains! Pay a visit to Calmsley Hill Farm to enjoy an interactive animal experience and a morning tea break. Your journey continues as you travel on the Blue Mountain circle route, taking in the dramatic landscapes of this rugged region before visiting Eaglehawk Lookout for views of the famous Three Sisters Rock Formation. Stop for lunch at the prestigious Hydro Majestic Hotel (own expense) before spending the afternoon visiting a selection of scenic lookouts such as Govett's Leap waterfall. The final stop of the day is Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens, to enjoy a glass of sparkling wine before heading back to the city. Please note: This tour does not operate on Christmas Day or New Year's Day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave Sydney behind as you transfer to the airport by coach to catch a flight to Cairns*, the famous gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and a haven of beaches, culture and laid-back living. Arrive and transfer by coach to the hotel. If time allows, enjoy the rest of the day discovering Cairns at your own pace. Why not get involved with the city's thriving cafe culture and spend the afternoon sampling some of the best coffee and barista creations at any number of trendy cafes that are dotted around the city, particularly around Grafton and Spence streets. A stroll along the coastal promenade is the perfect way to end the day. Overnight stay in Cairns.
* You will have the option to upgrade to return private airport transfers in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to get to know Cairns at your own pace, exploring the local museums and art galleries or simply relaxing. To experience the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef up close, we recommend an optional Silverswift Day Cruise.* Overnight stay in Cairns.
* Optional Silverswift Day Cruise: Board Silverswift, a 29-metre catamaran for an exciting full-day cruise. Visit 3 different sites on the Outer Barrier Reef to discover the rich underwater world up close! A guided snorkel tour is included, along with lunch on board. Drinks can be purchased at the onboard bar. Please note: This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day to relax at your leisure, perhaps doing some shopping in the city centre. If you're blessed with warm weather, why not pay a visit to Cairns Esplanade Swimming Lagoon, a popular local swimming and leisure spot with beautiful sea views. Whatever you choose to do, Cairns is all yours to discover. Why not explore the tropical rainforests of Kuranda on an optional full-day excursion?* Overnight stay in Cairns.
* Optional Full-Day Kuranda Rail & Skyrail Excursion: Set off on the scenic Kuranda Railway for spectacular views of the mountains, forested hillsides and Barron Gorge. Spend some time exploring Kuranda, a charming mountain town known for its relaxed, bohemian atmosphere where you can enjoy discounted entry to several attractions, including Rainforestation Nature Park and the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary. Finally, enjoy an unforgettable ride over the rainforest canopy on the scenic Skyrail Cableway! Please note: This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Continue your adventure as you transfer to the airport by coach for a flight to Melbourne*, the garden city of Australia. Spend the day enjoying cosmopolitan Melbourne at your leisure. We suggest visiting its lively centre to discover its cafes, bars and boutiques. At dusk, why not enjoy a delicious Chinese meal in Little Bourke Street or Italian specialities in a trattoria and listen to live jazz in one of the many jazz bars. Overnight stay in Melbourne.
* You will have the option to upgrade to return private airport transfers in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to explore the atmospheric streets and cultural sights of Melbourne. We recommend an optional excursion to Phillip Island and the Moonlit Sanctuary.* Overnight stay in Melbourne.
*Optional Full-Day Phillip Island & Moonlit Sanctuary Excursion: Set off for Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park to meet native wildlife including kangaroos, wallabies and adorable koalas. After meeting the adorable animals, continue to Phillip Island and, depending on the weather, admire the skill of local surfers at Woolamai Surf Beach. During the summer months, you will enjoy some free time in the town of Cowes. Next, head to the amazing Penguin Parade, where you can watch the playful colony of penguins enjoying the waves and stroll along the boardwalk. Please note: This tour does not operate on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure in Melbourne, the capital of the state of Victoria. We recommend exploring the Melbourne Arts Precinct, home to the National Gallery of Victoria, or kicking back on the city's golden sand beaches. To explore further afield, we recommend an optional excursion to the famous Great Ocean Road or a Yarra Valley Wine Experience, an unmissable opportunity for wine lovers!* Overnight stay in Melbourne.
*Optional Full-Day Great Ocean Road Excursion: Take a journey of a lifetime today as you discover the Great Ocean Road, one of the world’s most spectacular and naturally stunning coastal drives. Take in all the famous sights of the Great Ocean Road and look out for local wildlife. Visit the striking Split Point Lighthouse and the quaint seaside town of Apollo Bay where you can enjoy some free time to eat. Stroll through pristine forests before arriving at the iconic Twelve Apostles rock formation and Loch Ard Gorge. Return to Melbourne along the dramatic Shipwreck Coast. Please note: this tour does not operate on Anzac Day, Christmas Day or New Year's Day.
* Optional Full-Day Yarra Valley Wine Experience: Visit four premium wineries in the Yarra Valley for a full day of wine tasting! Enjoy the views from Greenstone Vineyard, nestled in the base of the Christmas Hills. Travel to Balgownie Estate to indulge in a guided tasting session followed by lunch including a glass of wine. After lunch, visit Yering Farm, a fantastic environment to enjoy superb wines made with traditional winemaking techniques. The final stop is Soumah of Yarra Valley, known for its fantastic Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varieties. Please note: The wineries visited on this tour are subject to change. Children (5-11 years).
Please note: You can only choose one of the optional excursions today.
Accommodation: 9 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Vibe Sydney.
Panoramic Sydney Tour
Set off on a panoramic tour, starting with the historic Rocks area before soaking up the views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. See the city centre, visit Bondi Beach and head back via Double Bay, Kings Cross and Mrs Macquaries's Point.
What's included: Hotel pick-up, small group panoramic tour ticket, transport in an air conditioned vehicle with a professional guide and entrance fees. Not included: Transfer back to the hotel, meals and drinks.
Sydney Sunset Dinner Cruise
Embark on an unforgettable sunset cruise! Tuck into a delicious 3-course al la carte menu against the backdrop of the setting sun accompanied by live music. Enjoy the onboard bar to purchase drinks.
What's included: 3 course Australian a la carte dinner and live music Not included: Return transfers, drinks and window seat supplement.
Full-Day Blue Mountains Canyons & Wildlife Excursion
An amazing journey through the Blue Mountains circle route! Visit Calmsey Hill Farm for a morning tea break, discover the rugged landscapes of Mount Tomah, toast the occasion with a glass of sparkling wine and stop for lunch (own expense) at a local hotel.
What's included: Hotel pick-.up and drop-off, English-speaking guide, morning tea, entry to Calmsey Hill Farm, Blue Mountain N.P, Mt. Tomah Botanic gardens, glass of sparkling wine and transport in an air conditioned vehicle. Not included: Lunch and drinks (pay at the destination)
Silverswift Catamaran Day Cruise
Board Silverswift, a 29-metre catamaran for an exciting full-day cruise. Visit 3 different sites on the Outer Barrier Reef to discover the rich underwater world up close! A guided snorkel tour is included, along with lunch on board.
What's included: High speed luxury catamaran to the reef, tea and lunch on board, snorkel briefs at each site and a free guided snorkel tour and equipment (mask, snorkel and fins). Not included: Drinks (can be purchased at the bar).
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departure from the main US airports.
- International flights: US - Sydney, Melbourne - US.
- Internal flights: Sydney - Cairns, Cairns - Melbourne.*more information
- 9 nights hotel accommodation in Superior and Luxury category hotels.See hotels included
- 9 breakfasts.
- Transfers between airports and hotels by shared coach. **more information
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- This itinerary is independent and you will not be accompanied by a guide.
Visa (required), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** Shared coach transfers are included between the airports and hotels in Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne. You'll have the option to upgrade to private airport transfers in the next step of the booking process.
Please note: if you are interested in taking the Ayers Rock excursion, contact our Customer Service Department to request a special itinerary.
Travelers are required to hold an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor visa to enter Australia. The cost is approximately $49/49€ and can be processed online: https://etaaustraliaonline.com/. Both ETA and eVisitor differ from each other by the fact that eVisitor is available for citizens of Europe and the European Union, and an ETA authorizes the citizens of Canada and the United States of America (among others).
- Entry requirementsValid passport with at least six months validity and a return ticket.
- VisaAn ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) must be obtained online before traveling: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/visit
- CurrencyAustralian Dollar.
- Electricity220 V and 240 V. Adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from the USA.
- Time zoneUTC + 08:00 to UTC + 10:00.
- Other useful informationPeople drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.australia.com/en-us
Flights are non-refundable and non-amendable. Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Children: 3 - 11 years old.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.