Greece in 11 Days
Ancient Ruins & All-Inclusive Crete
Our classic tour of Greece, including the main historical sights, combined with a relaxing 4-night All-Inclusive stay on the historic Greek island of Crete.
Experience the history and culture of Greece. Discover the ancient Acropolis of Athens and the atmosphere of the capital's vibrant neighbourhoods. Continue to the mysterious sanctuary of Delphi and the gravity-defying monasteries of Meteora before heading to the island of Crete, known for its magnificent Minoan ruins, to unwind in All-Inclusive bliss amidst breathtaking Mediterranean landscapes.
11 days trip including flights*
10 days and 8 nights in destination
NYC - ATH
NYC - ATH
HER - NYC
HER - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Ready to dive into the wonders of one of the greatest civilisations of all time and walk in the footsteps of the greats, from Socrates to Aristotle? Head to your departure airport, ready for a flight to Athens *, the Greek capital. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Touch down in Athens and transfer to the hotel, in the heart of the city where you can soak up the hustle and bustle of the mega-metropolis. Enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the vibrant Athenian neighbourhoods and sampling delicious Greek cuisine. Overnight stay in Athens.
Breakfast at the hotel. Discover Athens today with a guided sightseeing tour. Begin with a panoramic tour of the city to see the Parliament Building, the University, National Library and Academy of Arts. Be awe-struck by the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium, carved from marble and famous as the site of the first modern Olympics in 1896. Next, pay a visit to the spectacular Athens Acropolis to explore one of the most famous archaeological sites on earth! Walk in the footsteps of the greats and finish the tour with an eye-opening visit to the New Acropolis Museum, home to the most impressive treasures unearthed from the Acropolis and ancient Athens.* The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to soak up the lively atmosphere of the city come nightfall and dine on delicious Greek cuisine. Alternatively, why not opt for an excursion to the amazing Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion?** Overnight stay in Athens.
* From January 1st 2023, the entrance fee to the Acropolis will be included.
Please note: At the Athens Acropolis, the terrain is quite uneven underfoot and includes a number of stairs. It may not be suitable for those with reduced mobility.
** Optional Excursion to Cape Sounion: Set off for Cape Sounion to see the amazing Temple of Poseidon, the ruins of which date back to the Golden Age of Athens. Overlooking the sea, the silhouette of this ancient temple is one of the most picturesque sights in Greece. Entrance fee to be paid at the destination (approx. 10 euros per person).
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the capital behind as you travel to Delphi, thought to be the center of the ancient Greek world. In Ancient Greece, Delphi was the home of the Pythia, a priestess who had the ability to consult the Oracle in order to tell the future. Visit the archaeological site, home to the Temple of Apollo, the Athenian Stoa and the Treasury of the Athenians, and take in the captivating mountain views. Next, depart to Kalambaka (approx. 3.5 hr journey), home to amazing rock formations and ancient hilltop monasteries. Check-in and get settled at the hotel before enjoy an evening at your leisure. Dinner and overnight stay in Kalambaka.
Please note: At Delphi, the terrain is quite uneven underfoot and includes a number of stairs and steep paths. It may not be suitable for those with reduced mobility.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day discovering the fascinating heritage of Meteora on an excursion to the floating Monasteries of Meteora.* Perched atop gravity-defying rocky peaks, the monasteries of Meteora are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the 6 remaining monasteries are still active today. Established between the 12th and 16th centuries, the monks chose this isolated and hard to reach location to build their monasteries in order to escape the political and religious upheaval of the Middle Ages. Visit up to two of these ancient sites and enjoy the amazing views across the Plain of Thessaly. Afterwards, depart to Athens and transfer to the hotel (approx. 4.5 hr journey). The evening is free at your leisure to explore the atmosphere of Syntagma Square or enjoy the city's lively nightlife. Overnight stay in Athens.
* Entrance fee must be paid at the destination (approx. 3 euros per person at each monastery).
Please note: At Meteora, the terrain is quite uneven underfoot and you will be required to climb a number of stairs in order to visit the monasteries. It may not be suitable for those with reduced mobility. Modest dress is required to enter the monasteries of Meteora. This includes a long skirt (not trousers) and covered neckline/shoulders for women, and long trousers for men.
Breakfast at the hotel.* At the indicated time, transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Crete. Arrive in Crete, the largest Greek island, and transfer to the hotel to begin your All-Inclusive stay. Settle in and begin to explore this beautiful, historic island at your leisure. Relax by the sea, stroll along the beach, or simply soak up the tranquil atmosphere of the town at your own pace. Overnight stay in Crete.
* Depending on the flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast in Athens.
All-Inclusive. Another day at your leisure in Crete. Make the most of your day, exploring the local beaches and kicking back with a cocktail at sunset. If you fancy a little culture, we recommend visiting the amazing Temple of Knossos, an archaeological site dating back to the ancient Minoan civilisation! Overnight stay in Crete.
All-Inclusive. Spend the day relaxing at your leisure. Whether your idea of heaven is getting stuck into a best-seller on the beach, indulging in a relaxing spa treatment, or enjoying a cocktail at the beach bar, you're sure to find your own personal bliss on this paradise isle. Why not explore the beautiful towns of Chania or Rethymno to discover the charming architecture and delights of island culture? Overnight stay in Crete
All-Inclusive. Enjoy your final day on the island at your leisure. Make the most of your last moments in paradise by exploring the island and finding the most perfect stretch of beach in which to contemplate the picture-perfect sea views. Overnight stay in Crete.
Breakfast at the hotel.* After an unforgettable journey through Greece's ancient sites and idyllic islands, it's time to bring your trip to a close. At the indicated time, transfer to Heraklion airport for a flight back to US. Night on board**.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** Dependant on the choice of flight, you may arrive back in US today.
Arrive in US and end your trip.
Accommodation: 8 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Achilleas Hotel, Attalos Hotel, Dorian Inn, Evita Asty, Evripides Hotel, Hotel Katerina, Parnon Hotel.
Athens Guided Sightseeing & Acropolis Tour
Discover the sights of both modern and ancient Athens including Consitution Square, the Athens Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Panathenaic Stadium and the Acropolis Museum. Entrance fees (approx. 30 euros per person) be paid at destination.
What's included: The Acropolis and the new Acropolis Museum Not included: Meals and any other service not mentioned above
Visit to Delphi Archeological Site
Head to Delphi via Thebes, Levadia and the picturesque village of Arachova, on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Upon arrival, visit the archaeological site, home to the Temple of Apollo and the Treasury of the Athenians.
What's included: Transfer, Professional Guide & Visit to Delphi Archeological Site. Not included: Visit the Museum in Delphi is not included. Meals, tips and any other service not mentioned.
Established between the 12th and 16th centuries, visit up to two of these ancient sites and enjoy the amazing views across the Plain of Thessaly. Approx. 3 euros per person entrance fee to be paid at each monastery.
What's included: Transfer, Professional Guide & Meteora Monasteries tour Not included: Approx. 3 euros per person entrance fee to be paid at each monastery. Meals, tips and any other service not mentioned
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Athens, Crete - US.
- Internal flights: Athens - Crete.
- 8 nights hotel accommodation in Charm category hotels.See hotels included
- 4 breakfasts, 1 dinner & All-Inclusive in Crete. *more information
- All transfers
- Visits as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Guide/s during the excursions.
Drinks, entrance fees,* city taxes and tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Please consult the itinerary for details of the entrance fee costs (approx. 52 euros per person).
A number of Greek cities impose an accommodation tax, which must be paid directly to the hotel (Aprox. 3-4€ per room per night). City taxes must be paid in cash directly to the hotels.
*All-inclusive in Crete:
Full American-style buffet breakfast, continental breakfast or Sunday brunch, Lunch, snack bar and ice cream, afternoon coffee/tea and dinner at the main theme restaurant (Mediterranean cuisine). Meals are self-service/buffet.
Bar service from 10:00 till 23:00 with a choice of local spirits, cocktails, long drinks, water, beers, local wine (red & white), Greek coffee, filter coffee/instant coffee, espresso, cappuccino, ice coffee, hot chocolate, tea, soft drinks, fruit juices.
* In case of adverse conditions, there may be changes to the ferry timings.
- We recommend taking cash in the local currency with you on this trip, as withdrawing cash at ATMs is not always possible or easy in Greece. City taxes must be paid in cash directly to the hotels.
- We cannot guarantee rooms with a sea view in the Greek Islands.
- The group may be allocated in different hotels depending on group size and hotel availability.
- This itinerary is a semi independent tour. It includes accommodation, some activities and transfers, but you will not be accompanied by a guide throughout the entire trip.
- Hotel ratings in Greece are not governed by the same standards as those in the US, so please keep this in mind when selecting your desired accommodation category.
- Beach chairs / sun loungers are not included.
- Due to the nature of the destination the terrain can be uneven at times, it may require you to walk on a rocky path, and up and down hills.
- For wheelchair users this trip is upon request, please contact us for further information.
- Please note that there is no luggage assistance included throughout the trip. We recommend packing accordingly.
- Entry requirementsValid passport or identity card.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country for stays less than 90 days.
- Electricity230 V. 50 Hz. Adapter not required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers from the US.
- Time zoneUTC + 02:00.
- Tourist Office websitewww.visitgreece.gr
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
The first time we have used Exoticca
This is the first time we have used Exoticca but it won't be the last. Everything went smoothly, no hidden costs and the resort was gorgeous. Everything was perfect, thank you Exoticca for a much-needed vacation.