Vietnam in 13 Days
Natural Wonders & Stunning Sapa
Marvel at the untouched countryside of Sapa. Experience the bustling city of Hanoi, the mystic waters of the stretching Mekong Delta, the wonders to be found in Hue and the historic capital Ho Chi Minh. Enjoy an overnight river cruise on a traditional Junk boat in Ha Long Bay and discover the charms of lantern-lit Hoi An.
13 days trip including flights*
12 days and 11 nights in destination
NYC - HAN
NYC - HAN
Hạ Long Bay
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
SGN - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at your US departure airport ready to check-in for an overnight flight * to Hanoi. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Vietnam and transfer to your hotel. Take the opportunity to explore this bustling city and get to know your surroundings and relax ready for your trip to the Vietnamese countryside and to the hill station of Sapa. Overnight stay in Hanoi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off early en route to Sapa, located in the hills in North-West Vietnam and an area of lush greenery, rice paddies and beautiful vistas. Arrive in Sapa and check-in before meeting with a local guide for a trail tour which will take you past traditional fruit gardens, vegetable farms and untouched landscapes before you arrive at Cat Cat Village. Marvel at the beautiful Cat Cat Waterfall, where you will have time to relax to the sounds of the crystal waterfall. Return to the hotel by car and enjoy dinner and an overnight stay.
After breakfast, depart from the hotel on a beautifully picturesque hike through the landscape of the Sapa Valley. Admire the rice terraces which carve into the hills as the morning mists rise and the sun shines. Continue on to the Muong Hoa River and pass by the villages of Lao Chai and Ta Van Giay. Cross a suspension bridge and discover a fascinating collection of ancient rock carvings. Enjoy a traditional lunch in the village before you venture to the bamboo forest of Giang Ta Chai, a Red Dao ethnic minority village. Return to the road and transfer by car back to Sapa. Spend the evening at your leisure and enjoy an overnight stay.
After breakfast, depart for the daily Sapa market, which is a real insight into Vietnamese culture and is sure to be a colorful and vibrant sight. After visiting the market, head out of town where you can walk downhill across a charming stream to Suoi Ho Village, which sits beautifully upon a low hill. Visit the local homes and get a great understanding of local life before continuing on to Ma Tra Village, which is home to a stunningly colorful flower farm. Visit the ruins of a French Catholic church before being transferred back to Sapa. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure before taking a shuttle bus back to Hanoi for an overnight stay.
* Please note: Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum is viewed from the outside on Mondays, Fridays and in the afternoons as it is closed at these times.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage area of outstanding natural beauty known for its limestone islands and glistening waters. Travel through the rich farmlands of the delta and witness the daily life of the Vietnamese villages. Arrive in Ha Long and board a traditional junk boat, to being your cruise on the bay with a welcome drink. Lunch on board. The cruise passes by many fascinating islets and may stop for a while to visit local fishing villages, caves and limestone islands. Relax at your leisure on the sun deck. Dinner and overnight on board.
* There will be no guide on board.
Brunch on board as the junk continues to cruise before you return to Ha Long port. Disembark and transfer to Hanoi airport for a flight to Danang. On arrival, you will be met by your guide and then transfer to your hotel in the charming city of Hoi An, known for its pretty lantern-lit streets. Overnight stay in Hoi An.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, enjoy a guided walking tour through the narrow streets of atmospheric Hoi An. This former port and UNESCO World Heritage site is full of architectural gems that show a range of influences. You can admire these charming houses along Tran Phu Street, one of the oldest in Hoi An, visit the 400 years-old Japanese covered bridge, the Chinese temple, and a traditional Vietnamese merchants house. The afternoon is free at your leisure. We recommend an optional Thu Bon River & Organic Village Excursion.* Overnight stay in Hoi An.
* Optional Full-Day Thu Bon River & Organic Village Excursion: Experience real rural life in Vietnam with this full day tour, which includes a cruise on the Thu Bon River, passing many fishing areas. Stop at Van Lang Village to witness basket boat racing, before heading to Tra Que Herb Village, where local farmers will give you an insight into their organic produce. Enjoy a culinary masterclass in Vietnamese cuisine before enjoying a delicious lunch.
Breakfast at the hotel. Travel along one of Vietnams most scenic highways towards the city of Hue. Along the way, stop at the white sands of Lang Co Beach and the top of Hai Van Pass for exceptional views. Arrive in Hue and enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city's sights. Visit the Imperial City and the Royal Citadel. Much of the Citadel was destroyed during the Tet Offensive in 1968 but is gradually being restored. Next, visit King Khai Dinh Mausoleum and browse through a bustling local market. Afterwards, transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Hue.
Breakfast at the hotel. Early transfer to the airport to take a flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival, meet your guide and visit the moving War Remnants Museum which presents a partial, but riveting, view of the American War. Continue to the Reunification Palace, the former residence of the Indochina Governor-General and later President of the Republic of Southern Vietnam until the fall of Saigon. The tour finishes with Notre Dame Cathedral and the bustling Ben Thanh Market. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day in this exciting city.* We recommend an optional excursion to discover the magical Mekong Delta. Overnight stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
* Optional Mekong Delta Excursion: Depart to Ben Tre province crossing Rach Mieu bridge. On arrival in Hung Vuong Pier, hop on a motorized boat on the Ben Tre River, one of the tributes of Mekong River while witnessing the lively activities of local life along the way. Stop at a brick kiln and visit one of the many coconut processing workshops located along the canal. Take a motorized cart or bicycle along the shady paths and pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to discover everyday life on the river. Take a rowing-boat along a beautiful water palm creek before you return to the pier.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a morning at your leisure, we the option to enjoy a half-day Cu Chi tunnels visit.* In the afternoon, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip.
* Optional Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion: Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi, dug in 1948 for guerrillas to escape the bombardment of French forces. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of the tunnels.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Larosa Hotel, La Santé.
Included activity for day 3 in Sapa
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 12:00 Approx
Cat Cat Village & Waterfall
Explore the natural beauty and traditions of Cat Cat Village and marvel at the beautiful Cat Cat Waterfall, where you will have time to relax to the sounds of the crystal-clear falls and unwind in the pristine surroundings.
Included activity for day 4 in Sapa
Duration 06:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Lao Chai, Ta Van Villages & Giang Ta Chai Bamboo Forest Hike.
Take a scenic hike through the Sapa Valley to see the villages of Lao Chai and Ta Van, admire the amazing landscapes and explore the incredible bamboo forest of Giang Ta Chai and the surrounding area of Su Pan.
Included activity for day 5 in Sapa
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Ma Tra & Suoi Ho Village
Pay a visit to Suoi Ho Village to see the traditional homes and get a great understanding of local life before continuing on to Ma Tra Village, which is home to a colorful flower farm. Visit the ruins of a French Catholic church before returning to Sapa.
Included activity for day 6 in Hanoi
Duration 07:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:30 Approx
Hanoi City Tour
Enjoy an action-packed city tour of Hanoi. See Huu Tiep Lake, Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (viewed from the outside on Mondays & Fridays due to closure), the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, the Old Quarter and much more!
What's included: Guided tour of Hanoi, stop at local cafe for coffee/green tea
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 9
Full-Day Thu Bon River & Organic Village Excursion
Experience real rural life in Vietnam with this full day tour, which includes a cruise on the Thu Bon River, passing many fishing areas and a cookery demonstration and lunch with local organic farmers.
Suggested activity for day 12 in Ho Chi Minh
Duration 09:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Full-Day Mekong Delta Excursion
Experience the Mekong Delta aboard a motorboat. Discover the beautiful landscapes that the delta offers you, and admire the abundant rice fields. Visit a coconut press and meet the locals.
What's included: Transfer, lunch and guide
Suggested activity for day 13 in Ho Chi Minh
Duration 09:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:00 Approx
Cu Chi Tunnels Excursion
Spend the morning exploring the impressive tunnel complex of Cu Chi. Explore the underground villages and understand the history of the tunnels.
What's included: Transfer and guide
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh - US.
- International & Domestic flights: Hanoi - Danang, Hue - Ho Chi Minh. *more information
- 11 nights: 10 nights hotel accommodation in 3* and 4* hotels & 1 night on a cruise.more informationSee hotels included
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Brunch, 2 Lunches & 2 Dinners.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with an English speaking guide.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Ha Long Bay Cruise.
- Bottled mineral water available in the vehicles.
- Cyclo Ride in Hanoi.
Cambodia visa (on arrival), Vietnam E-visa (online before traveling), drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Visa arrangements for Vietnam. Through the government website (evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn): USD 25 / person
* Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity. One page required for stamp.
- VisaA visa is required. You can apply online at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
- CurrencyVietnamese Dong.
- Electricity220 V in the majority of the country. Adapter required.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneUTC + 07:00.
- Other useful informationThere is free wi-fi in the most popular tourist spots of the country.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.vietnamtourism.com
Flights are non-refundable and non-amendable. Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
I would highly recommend Exoticca
The guides explained well about customs and history. We visited places connected with the war, which was very sad, but we came away with a much better understanding of the history. We travelled in comfortable cars and the guides spoke excellent English. The Halong Bay boat trip was beautiful.