Brazil, Argentina, Peru & Ecuador in 29 Days
Ultimate South American Odyssey
The perfect trip for those looking to experience the best of South America! It includes all the top cities and sights, from Machu Picchu to Rio de Janeiro, the Galapagos Islands, Buenos Aires and much more.
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Discover the best of South America on an action-packed tour. Get a taste of Brazilian culture in Rio de Janeiro and experience the power of nature at the Iguazu Falls. Soak up the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Buenos Aires in Argentina before heading to the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in Peru. Finally, explore the tropical Amazon rainforest and the wildlife-rich Galapagos Islands in Ecuador.
29 days trip including flights*
27 days and 26 nights in destination
NYC - RIO
NYC - RIO
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
GYE - NYC
GYE - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check in for a flight* to Rio de Janeiro. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive at your US departure airport, ready for a flight to Rio de Janeiro, the vibrant Brazilian capital in the shadow of Christ the Redeemer. Transfer to your hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day on an included city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. Visit the famous Corcovado Mountain, home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer is more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic Christ the Redeemer; an immense rock statue built by the sculptor Francés Paul Landowski. Descend from the hills to enjoy a visit to Maracanã and the Sambódromo, where the annual Rio Carnival takes place. Also, visit the famous Selaron Steps. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for an unforgettable view across the city. * Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu, home of the mighty Iguazu Falls! On arrival, transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is free at your leisure. If your arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or simply relaxing in this pristine natural setting. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on an exciting excursion. Take the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-meter high sheer drop. Walk across a number of bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating the spectacular landscape of rainbows, birds, exotic plants and trees. To experience more of this incredible environment, we recommend an optional Great Adventure excursion.* Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take this optional excursion, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a different perspective of the falls today as you visit the Brazillian side of the Iguazu Falls, one of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World. Stroll along the well-placed viewing trails and enjoy a spectacular panorama of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. Overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrive in Buenos Aires, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an included tour of the chic city of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul-stirring history, the colorful district of La Boca, the famous Obelisk, a symbol of the Argentine capital, and Casa Rosada where Madonna performed the hit song 'Don't cry for me Argentina!' in 1996. The tour finishes in the neighborhood of Palermo, the largest in the city. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the local atmosphere, the architecture of its colonial buildings and the delicious local cuisine. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to check in for a flight to Lima. Arrive in Lima, the capital of Peru, situated on the Pacific Coast. Transfer to the hotel, and spend the rest of the day exploring the city's colonial streets and magical plazas at your leisure. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent. Start by exploring the districts of Miraflores and San Isidro before heading to the Historic Center. Visit the impressive Convent of Santo Domingo and walk to the Plaza de Armas to admire the exquisite colonial architecture that surrounds it. Stop in the Parque del Amor, from where you can take beautiful photos of the Peruvian coastline. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley, on the way stop at Awanakancha (no guide, only driver) and savour the opportunity to explore this living museum, where ancient customs and traditions have been preserved across the centuries. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the impressive views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the lively immaculate scenery of this iconic region. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Breakfast at the hotel. An exciting visit to Machu Picchu awaits you this morning as you set off for the train station to board the Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes, admiring the landscape along the way. Arrive and transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu*, a treasure of Incan heritage and one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Spend some time discovering the ruins and being amazed by the terraces and enjoying a tour of the different sections of the site. Return to Sacred Valley. Arrive and overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Note: The baggage policy on board the Expedition train is 1 bag or backpack per person weighing a maximum of max. 5kg / 11lb.
* Backpacks or bags taken into Machu Picchu must not exceed 40x35x20cms or have a capacity larger than 20Lts and must not contain single-use plastic bottles or bags. Backpacks or bags that exceed the indicated measurements can be left in storage for approx. $2 per bag.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in the Sacred Valley, an area in the Andean Highlands famed as the heart of the ancient Inca Empire. We recommend an optional Sacred Valley Excursion to experience the best of the region. * At the indicated time, take the train back to Cuzco. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Cuzco.
* Optional Essence of the Sacred Valley Excursion: Visit Chinchero and the PARWA Centre, to appreciate the colourful traditional textiles. Next, visit the church of Chinchero before heading to the Racchi panoramic viewpoint for a fantastic view across the valley. Explore Ollantaytambo and its Inca fortress. Lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco' included granting entrance to the Sacred Valley and surrounding sights.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a fascinating half-day tour of Cuzco. Begin in the iconic Plaza de Armas, and visit the Cathedral. From here, walk to the Koricancha Temple, an impressive ancient Inca palace, in honour of the Sun God. Today, a Dominican church stands on the site. Finally, visit the lively San Blas neighbourhood, known for its artists, shops and artisan workshops. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and sampling the local cuisine. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
Breakfast at the hotel. Head back to the Peruvian capital today. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Lima. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the atmospheric city plazas or shopping for souvenirs. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Quito. Arrive in Quito, the capital of Ecuador and a city famed for its high vantage point in the Andean mountains and its ancient Incan significance. Transfer to your hotel and overnight stay in Quito.
* Optional Meal Package: Add 4 dinners and 1 lunch to your trip, so you can relax in the knowledge that you have a meal waiting for you! Includes: 2 dinners in Quito, 1 dinner in Galapagos, 1 dinner in Guayaquil and 1 lunch box for the journey from Galapagos - Guayaquil.
Please note: If you purchase the Optional Meal Package and your arrival flight lands late this evening you will be provided with a cold dinner box if the hotel restaurant is closed when you arrive.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the capital behind as you set off into the Ecuadorian highlands and down into the rainforest, headed for Tena, in the Amazon. Continue through verdant landscapes towards the lodge, in the heart of the jungle. Arrive in time for dinner and enjoy a night walk to admire the nocturnal wildlife as the rainforest comes to life after sundown. Overnight stay in the Amazon.
Enjoy an early breakfast before setting off for a wildlife walk through the primary and secondary rainforest of the Amazon. Look out for tropical wildlife and appreciate the sheer scale and beauty of the jungle. Return to the lodge for lunch before enjoying the afternoon at your leisure with the opportunity to join in optional Amazon activities organised at the lodge. However, you choose to spend the remainder of the day, simply taking in the amazing natural environment and listening to the cacophony of wildlife sounds is sure to be a memorable experience. We recommend our Culinary Excursion package to enjoy a delicious chocolate-making workshop this afternoon!* Dinner and overnight stay in the Amazon.
* Optional Culinary Experience Package- Pack of 3 Excursions: Get to know the culinary heritage of Ecuador with this pack of three food-focused excursions. Take part in a delicious chocolate workshop in the Amazon to learn about cocoa cultivation and chocolate production and enjoy a guided fruit and food tasting tour at a local market in Quito. Finally, enjoy an authentic Galapagos Ceviche cooking class on Playa Mann in San Cristobal, to learn the secrets of the local cuisine!
After breakfast at the lodge, return to Tena and continue your journey, heading back towards the capital. Along the way, visit the Middle of the World Monument, on the equator, where you can stand with one foot in each hemisphere! Continue to Quito and take a guided city tour to get to know the capitals most emblematic sights. Admire the colonial-era architecture and picturesque plazas and stroll through the narrow streets of the city centre. Transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in Quito.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day in Quito at your leisure, exploring the city or simply taking some time to enjoy the beautiful climate and natural environment. We recommend enjoying our excursion to Quilotoa* or booking our Pack of 3 Excursions.** Overnight stay in Quito.
* Optional Quilotoa Excursion: Set off through the Andean Mountains, passing by the snow-capped peaks of Tungurahua and Chimborazo. Stop at a local market for a taste of the Andean culture and visit Quilotoa Crater Lake, known for its everchanging color, depending on the sun and clouds.
** Optional Experience Ecuador - Pack of 3 Excursions: Experience Ecuador to the fullest with this pack of three excursions. Visit the famous Quilotoa Crater Lake on an excursion through the Andean Mountains to discover the local culture and natural wonders of the Andes. In the Galapagos Islands, enjoy an authentic cooking class on Playa Mann in San Cristobal, known for its population of sea lions, to learn the secrets of the local cuisine. Finally, take a tour of Puerto el Morro in Guayaquil to visit a natural dolphin reserve, accompanied by a professional biologist guide.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart to the airport this morning for a flight to the Galapagos Islands, a true wonder of nature known for its immense biodiversity! San Cristobal is the easternmost Galapagos island and is home to a rich array of unique wildlife, such as blue and red-footed boobies, marine iguanas and Galapagos sea lions. It's also the island that Charles Darwin first explored during his research into the islands. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel and get comfortable before setting off on a brief afternoon tour of Baquerizo Moreno, the capital of the Galapagos Province. Explore this quaint coastal community and get to know its most important sights. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to relax before your adventure continues tomorrow. Alternatively, choose our Culinary Experience package to take part in a Ceviche-making workshop on Playa Mann!* Overnight stay in San Cristobal.
* For a Culinary Experience of Ecuador, you can choose our optional excursion package to add 3 food-focused optional excursions to your trip!
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a full-day tour of San Cristobal to explore the delights of the island. Visit Galapaguera, home to amazing giant tortoises and observe diverse species of sea birds from Puerto Chino. The white sand here is perfect for a short rest before continuing to La Loberia, home to a large colony of sea lions who can be seen resting on the rocks. Return to your hotel and overnight stay in San Cristobal.
After breakfast at the hotel, the day is free for you to explore the Galapagos at your own pace. Why not visit the El Junco Lagoon, a unique natural spectacle, or watch the spectacular sunset at Playa Mann. Overnight stay in San Cristobal.
* For a full experience of Ecuador, you can choose our optional excursion package to add 3 optional excursions to your trip!
Breakfast at the hotel. Head back to the mainland, with a flight from San Cristobal airport. Arrive in Guayaquil, and join a shared-transfer to your hotel in the city centre. Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador and is located on the Pacific Coast. Later, enjoy a walking tour of the city, visiting the Malecon, Paque Iguanas and Las Peñas neighbourhood. Overnight stay in Guayaquil.
Breakfast at the hotel. The day is at your leisure to do some last-minute souvenir shopping, relax in the arty neighbourhood of Santa Ana Hill. Overnight stay in Guayaquil.
For a full experience of Ecuador, you can choose our optional excursion package to add 3 optional excursions to your trip!
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to bring your unforgettable South American journey to an end. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for the flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Included activity for day 3
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Rio de Janeiro City Tour & Corcovado Mountain
Visit the famous Corcovado Mountain, home to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue and soak up the views of Rio de Janeiro below. Afterwards, descend from the hills to see the exterior of the Maracanã, the Sambódromo and the Selaron Steps.
Included activity for day 6
Duration 02:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:30 Approx
Excursion to Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls
Take the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80-meter high sheer drop. Walk across a number of bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer.
Included activity for day 7
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Excursion to Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls
Enjoy a different perspective of the Iguazu Falls, one of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World. Stroll along the well-placed viewing trails at the edge of the falls and enjoy a spectacular panorama of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world.
Included activity for day 9
Duration 05:00h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
Buenos Aires City Tour
Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 4
Sugar Loaf Mountain Excursion
Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
Suggested activity for day 6
Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
Suggested activity for day 14
Upgrade: Go and Return 360° train to Aguas Calientes
Upgrade to the 360° train to Aguas Calientes which has an open-air observatory wagon with bar and higher and wider panoramic windows.
Suggested activity for day 14
Upgrade: Outgoing on Expedition Train and return on Vistadome Train
Upgrade to the Expedition Train on your outbound journey and the Vistadome Train for your return journey. These have fully panoramic windows and windows in the roof, allowing you to enjoy excellent views of the landscape. Light snack on board included.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Rio de Janeiro, Guayaquil - US.
- Internal & international flights: Rio de Janeiro - Iguazu, Iguazu - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Lima, Lima - Cuzco - Lima, Lima - Quito - Galapagos - Guayaquil *more information
- Train Journey from Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes on board the Voyager Train. **more information
- 26 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 26 breakfasts and Full-Board in the Amazon.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary. ***more informationSee itinerary
- All air taxes & fuel surcharge.
- English-speaking guide.
Entrances, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
Transit control card (TCC)* (20 USD) and entrance to the Galapagos National Park * (100 USD).
* More information can be found in Offer Conditions.
* Documentation of the internal flights will be delivered at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
We strongly recommend you consult your doctor regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness before you travel.
** You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
IMPORTANT: Please check with your doctor's recommendation for vaccines to travel to Brazil.
- Entry requirementsPassport, valid for at least six months.
- VisaNo visa required.
- CurrencyBrazilian Real (sub-divided into 100 centavos)
- ElectricityEuropean style plug.
- HealthVaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended in the case of prolonged travel to areas where there is a high risk of exposure to mosquitoes. Travelers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 03:00.
- Other useful informationAvoid drinking tap water as well as fruit and vegetables that have been recently washed.
- Tourist Office websitewww.visitbrasil.com
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
At the airport Galapagos passengers must present their transit control card (TCC) with their passport and pay the entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park. Cost: US$100 per person.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Family tour of Peru
This was a family tour with our 13 and 9 year olds. Everything was perfect - all transfers were on time, we had guides at all important parts of the tour, good hotels, good food and good transfer vehicles! We can't wait for our next trip with Exoticca soon!
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.