Argentina in 12 Days
Buenos Aires, Iguazu & Patagonia
- Free Cancellation
- Flexible Booking
- COVID-19 Protection included
- Exoticca is a member of ASTA
Travel to the home of the tango and get to know the elegant neighborhoods and exquisite gastronomy of Buenos Aires. Fall in love with nature at the Iguazu Falls, where the powerful waterfalls captivate your senses. Discover Patagonia in El Calafate and visit the famous Perito Moreno located in this land of glaciers and spectacular landscapes.
12 days trip including flights*
10 days and 9 nights in destination
NYC - EZE
NYC - EZE
BUE - NYC
BUE - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrival at U.S. departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Buenos Aires. Overnight flight
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Buenos Aires, a sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Spend the day getting to know this exciting city at your leisure. Overnight stay in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day on an included tour exploring the charming corners of the city. The city is known as the birthplace of the Tango. Explore the contrasting neighborhoods: the colorful houses of La Boca, the culture of La Recoleta, the old town, San Telmo or the young, vibrant neighborhood of Puerto Madero. Overnight stay at in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to El Calafate, a town near the edge of the unique region of Southern Patagonia, and home to the huge Perito Moreno glacier. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Journey to Perito Moreno, the most famous glacier in the world. On arrival, enjoy an included tour at Los Glaciares National Park to view Lake Argentino, Argentina´s biggest freshwater lake and visit 'the curve of sighs.' From here it is possible to contemplate El Perito Moreno. Stroll along the walkways in front of the glacier to see this spectacular ice mass from different perspectives. Overnight in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to enjoy the surroundings or do some shopping. Soak up the atmosphere of this beautiful environment and indulge in the local cuisine. Overnight in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for flight to Iguazu, home of the mighty Iguazu Falls! Take the day at your leisure and if the arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or rest in this beautiful natural setting. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a tour on the Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls. Discover one of the greatest creations of Mother Nature from the green train which transports you to two trails. Start on the upper trail following 1/2 mile of suspended walkways and a view of the falls from above. Then continue to the lower trail and discover the suspended footbridges alongside the falls. We suggest our optional excursion which will take you on a boat right under the waterfalls to get an up-close perspective of the falls.* Overnight in Iguazu.
* Optional Excursion Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 3 mile long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 3.7 miles, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterward, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the second in dimension and the hugest any boat gets close to. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Take an included excursion to the waterfalls on the Brazilian side of the border for a different perspective of this wonder of nature and for a chance to see some unforgettable panoramic views of the thundering falls and the lush landscapes that surround them. Return to the Argentinian side for your overnight stay in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Buenos Aires. Depending on your flight arrival time, spend the afternoon to further discover the vibrant capital. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to the U.S. Overnight flight.
Arrive in U.S. End of the trip
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Ibis Buenos Aires Obelisco, Ker San Telmo Hotel, Ramada by Wyndham Buenos Aires Centro.
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 8
Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departure from the main U.S. airports.
- International flights: U.S. - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - U.S.
- Domestic flights: Buenos Aires - El Calafate - Iguazú - Buenos Aires. *more information
- Train to the Devils Throat waterfall.
- 9 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 9 Breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits as indicated in the itinerary with an English-speaking guide.See itinerary
- Air taxes and fuel-surcharge.
- Specialized guide for each excursion, region or city
Park Entrance Fees - approximately $36, tourist citytax, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentartion of the internal flights will be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" before 14 days before your departure date. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
Internal flights have a 15kg luggage allowance.
You may find a cheaper price for optional excursions at the destination, but it is recommended that you book throught Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
- Entry requirementsPassport must be valid at time of entry. One passport page required.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country if you are staying less than 90 days.
- CurrencyArgentine Peso.
- Electricity220 V.
- HealthVaccination against Yellow Fever is recommended in the case of prolonged travel to areas where there is a high risk of exposure to mosquitoes. Travelers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 03:00.
- Other useful informationMate is a national symbol that is associated with hospitality and social gathering.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.argentina.travel/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Argentina & Brazil 2022
After waiting through the pandemic Exoticca re-delivered this trip as specified. Well planned and laid out documents, assistance through the Covid regulations made simple. Local guides supported us from start to finish in our language. Particular mention to Gus in Iguazu and Anderson in Rio.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.