Tanzania in 12 Days
Wildlife Safari & All-Inclusive Zanzibar
Journey through the most exciting wildlife parks in Africa and kick back on the beaches of Zanzibar with this safari and beach combination! Admire the herds of elephants in Tarangire National Park, and embark on the ultimate safari experience in the Serengeti National Park. Explore the natural sanctuary of Ngorongoro before enjoying an All-Inclusive escape to the idyllic island of Zanzibar.
12 days trip including flights*
11 days and 9 nights in destination
NYC - JRO
NYC - JRO
Tarangire National Park
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
ZNZ - NYC
ZNZ - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check-in for a flight to Kilimanjaro airport.* Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Touch down at Kilimanjaro airport and transfer to Arusha, located in the shadows of volcanic Mount Meru and surrounded by verdant hills and coffee plantations. Transfer to the hotel and spend the remainder of the day relaxing or exploring at your leisure. Arusha is the gateway to Tanzania's legendary national parks. Although small, this bustling city is a centre of Maasai culture and has a good selection of local restaurants and shops. Dinner and overnight stay in Arusha.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the morning exploring Arusha at your leisure. In the afternoon, head to Tarangire National Park. Tarangire is famed for its large population of African elephants that congregate around the Tarangire River which crosses the park and provides a vital life source for the wildlife that lives here. Get settled at the lodge and enjoy a relaxing evening at your leisure. Dinner and overnight stay in Tarangire.
Early breakfast at the lodge before setting off through the fertile grasslands of Tarangire for a captivating game viewing drive to discover the landscapes of baobab trees and grasslands as you look out for elephants, zebras, lions and giraffes! Afterwards, leave Tarangire and head towards the Serengeti National Park, home of the Great Migration! Picnic lunch before enjoying a game viewing drive in the Serengeti, known for its herds of blue wildebeest and zebras. Arrive at the camp in the late afternoon and spend a relaxing evening under the star-studded African sky. Dinner and overnight stay in the Serengeti.
Breakfast at the camp. Today you can either enjoy sunrise and sunset game drives in the Serengeti National Park, with lunch at the lodge, or a full day game viewing drive with picnic lunch. The Serengeti National Park has the largest concentration of plains animals in Africa, with plentiful mammal and bird species. Savour the opportunity to spot the abundant wildlife, including the famous 'Big 5'. During the rainy season, you can witness the large scale migration of huge herds of wildebeest, zebras and other herd animals, an awe-inspiring sight! Return to the camp. Dinner and overnight stay in the Serengeti.
Breakfast at the camp. In the morning, set off for the Ngorongoro crater, descending to the bottom of the crater for a unique and unparalleled safari experience. This conservation area is famed for its rich concentration of wildlife, including the 'Big 5' as well as plentiful birdlife. The natural isolation of the crater creates a spectacular setting and unique ecosystem. Enjoy a picnic lunch in these amazing surroundings before returning to the top and to your lodge, located in the verdant Karatu Highlands. Dinner and overnight stay near Ngorongoro.
Breakfast at the lodge. Bring the safari part of your trip to an end as you transfer to Arusha airport to catch a flight to the paradise isle of Zanzibar. Touch down in Zanzibar and transfer to the hotel, ready to begin your laid-back All-inclusive stay on the coast. Spend the remainder of the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure and getting settled into your surroundings. Overnight stay in Zanzibar.
Why not make your stay in Zanzibar extra special by adding our Romantic Package, which includes a 30-min duo massage, private beach dinner, private bubbly breakfast on a boat and much more, in the next step of the booking process!
All-Inclusive. Make the most of a free day to enjoy the paradise beaches of Zanzibar, one of the most idyllic islands located off the coast of Tanzania. You can take the day to relax on the beach or make the most of your incomparable hotel facilities. Overnight stay in Zanzibar.
All-Inclusive. Take advantage of the hotel facilities and the surrounding beaches. If you want to venture out of the resort, why not explore the city of Stone Town, the capital of Zanzibar. Home to elegant historic buildings, bustling markets and plenty of opportunities to encounter the local culture. Overnight stay in Zanzibar.
All-Inclusive. Spend your last day soaking up the sun and relaxing on the white sands of Zanzibar. If you are looking for a little more culture we would recommend a visit to the Beit el-Ajaib, said to be the grandest building in Zanzibar. Here you can marvel at the gigantic carved doors and find out more about Swahili culture and life on the Indian Ocean at the Museum of National History and Culture, which is housed inside. Overnight stay in Zanzibar.
Breakfast at the hotel.* Sadly, it's time to bring your unforgettable Tanzanian adventure to an end. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight back to the US. Night on board.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
Accommodation: 9 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will always be replaced by one of the same, or a higher category.
Game viewing drive in Tarangire National Park
Enjoy a captivating game viewing drive to discover the landscapes of baobab trees and grasslands as you look out for elephants, zebras, lions and giraffes!
Half-day game viewing in the Serengeti National Park
Enjoy a game viewing drive in the Serengeti, known for its herds of blue wildebeest and zebras and as the starting point of the annual Great Migration.
Game viewing drive in Serengeti National Park
Enjoy a brief afternoon game viewing drive to discover the landscapes of the Serengeti, home of the Great Migration!
Ngorongoro Crater Excursion
Descend to the bottom of the Ngorongoro crater for a unique and unparalleled safari experience. This natural crater is known for its rich biodiversity and amazing landscapes. Stop for a picnic lunch.
Romantic Package at Kiwengwa Beach Resort
Upgrade to a Romantic Package to make your stay extra special! Includes: room decoration, Prosecco, tropical fruit basket, tea/coffee facilities, bathrobes and slippers, a 30-min duo massage, private beach dinner and private bubbly breakfast on a boat!
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar - US.
- Internal flight: Kilimanjaro - Zanzibar. *more information
- 9 nights accommodation in Charm, Superior and Luxury category hotels.See hotels included
- 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners and All-Inclusive in Zanzibar.
- Transfers and safaris with an English-speaking guide.
- Game drives and park entry fees.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Transportation in a 4X4 safari Landcruiser. **more information
- Mineral water during safari: 1 litre per person per day.
Visas (check before traveling), vaccines,* drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Vaccination against Yellow Fever is mandatory. Carry your international immunization card.
There is an additional tax of $5 per person to be paid in cash on departure from Zanzibar Airport.
Please note: Travellers are advised to carry cash in the form of USD$ to pay for any extras in Tanzania. Credit cards are not widely accepted.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** Please note: Baggage on safari should not exceed 15 kgs per person and should be in soft-sided bags.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum of six months validity and a return ticket.
- VisaA visa is required. Issued on arrival in the country. Price approximately $50. Maximum 3 months stay. Visas are paid in cash only, with USD banknotes issued after 2006.
- CurrencyTanzanian Shilling.
- LanguageSwahili and English.
- Electricity230 V. Adapter not required.
- HealthVaccination against Yellow Fever is mandatory and a vaccination certificate is required. Travelers over 60 years should consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects. Malaria prophylaxis is recommended.
- Time zoneUTC + 03:00.
- Other useful informationTanzanians drive on the left-hand side of the road. If you plan on spending US dollars in Tanzania, please ensure your banknotes are no more than five years old. Large banknotes may be difficult to change, so please bring small banknotes with you.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.tanzaniatouristboard.com
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.