Discover the beauty of Japan's architecture, ancient customs, and gastronomic excellence. Enjoy the neighborhoods of Asakusa, Shibuya, and Shinjuku in Tokyo and indulge in delicious Japanese cuisine. Fall in love with the traditions of Kyoto and get lost in modern Osaka. To end the trip, find your own piece of heaven on the beautiful Thai island of Phuket.
Prepare for an unforgettable journey across Japan, exploring its natural wonders and ancient traditions! Arrive at your departure airport, ready for a flight* to Tokyo. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Tokyo and self-transfer to the hotel. Tokyo is a dazzling metropolis rich in history and tradition. Once settled at the hotel, the rest of the day is free to start discovering this exciting city of contrasts and its delicious cuisine. We recommend heading to one of the many food markets where you can sample lots of different dishes for bargain prices! Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Today, take a half-day tour of the city of Tokyo including the most important sights in the city. Begin at the famous 'Love' statue in Shinjuku and drive past Harajuku and the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine. See the National Diet Building and the Imperial Palace among other highlights before stopping in the historic neighbourhood of Asakusa, home to the Senso-ji Temple Kaminari-mon Gate and the Nakamise shopping avenue. End the tour at Tokyo Station. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Spend the day exploring Tokyo's fascinating city-scape at your leisure. Why not stroll through leafy Korakuen Garden or soak up the atmosphere of non-stop Harajuku? We recommend an optional excursion to Mount Fuji, an unmissable icon of Japan.* Overnight stay in Tokyo.
* Optional Mount Fuji Excursion: Come face-to-face with legendary Mount Fuji. Head up to the 5th Station, stopping at the market and viewing area of Michi no Eki Subashiri. At this height, you will be amazed by the breathtaking views from above the clouds. After lunch at Mount Fuji View Restaurant, visit Ashi Crater Lake and admire the superb view of Mt. Fuji whilst sailing on the lake. Afterwards, head to Hakone to enjoy the views from the Ropeway and be amazed by the volcanic Owaku-Dani Valley. Return to Tokyo with the option of ending the excursion at Odawara station.
Please note: If road conditions or unforeseen circumstances restrict the ascent to the 5th station, you will instead travel the highest elevation possible considering the circumstances. The same also applies for the cruise on Ashi Crater Lake; if conditions or circumstances prevent sailing on the lake, alternative visits and experiences will be taken to replace the activity.
Enjoy a day exploring Tokyo at your leisure, getting to know the shopping districts, discovering new parts of the city or simply soaking up the culture and sampling the cuisine. Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Today, travel by bus to Kyoto, the capital of the Japanese Empire for 11 centuries. We recommend visiting Mount Hiei and its main temple in the Buddhist school of Tendaishū or exploring Pontocho, an emblematic neighbourhood known for its traditional architecture and geishas. Overnight stay in Kyoto.
Set off this morning on an exciting half-day Kyoto tour to see the beautiful and historical districts of Sagano, riding the Sagano Romantic Train (trolley train), enjoying a walk through the enchanting Sagano bamboo grove where bamboos cover the area, and Arashiyama's Tenryuji Temple, admiring their famous statues and pagodas. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight stay in Kyoto.
Spend today at your leisure, exploring the delights of Kyoto at your own pace. Perhaps explore the iconic Bamboo Forest, the perfect backdrop for budding photographers, or walk through the tranquil Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine. We recommend an optional afternoon excursion to the peaceful sanctuary of Nara.* Overnight stay in Kyoto.
* Optional Nara Excursion: Head to Nara on the Kintetsu Express Train, for a tour of two World Heritage Sites: Todai-Ji Temple and Kofukuji Temple. Encounter wild deer up close while walking through Nara Park, a rarity in Japan and worldwide and discover Todai-Ji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the world's largest wooden structures.
Today, take a local train to travel to Osaka. Upon arrival, the rest of the day is free to discover this charming city. We recommend visiting the Kuromon local market and its Floating Garden Observatory in the Umeda Sky Building, from which there is an unforgettable panoramic view of the city. Overnight stay in Osaka.
Spend the day on a self-guided tour of the sights of Osaka. You will have at your disposal an Osaka Metro + City Bus card to scroll around the city on your own. Also an admission ticket for the Abeno Harukas 300 Observatory. Go onto the observatory which is 300m far from the ground at the highest building in Japan to enjoy the borderless day & night scenery of Osaka. It also includes the ticket for Osaka Castle, where you have the chance to learn about the history of Japan's most famous landmarks. This castle played a major role in the unification of Japan during the Azuchi-Momoyama period. Overnight stay in Osaka.
Spend the day at your leisure. exploring the cultural delights of Osaka. Get to know the local area and sampling the iconic local cuisine. Overnight stay in Osaka.
At the indicated time, self-transfer to the airport for a flight to Phuket. Arrive in beautiful Phuket, a paradise island of rainforests and mountains known as the ultimate holiday escape in Thailand. After getting comfortable at your hotel the rest of the day is at your leisure to lounge by the pool or search for the most idyllic paradise coves. Overnight stay in Phuket.
Breakfast at the hotel. Soak up the beauty of Phuket and enjoy a day at your leisure. The snorkelling opportunities are top-notch, as are the beaches, which invite you to lounge on their white sands. We recommend an optional tour of the highlights of Phuket. * Overnight stay in Phuket.
* Optional Half-Day Phuket Explorer Tour: Visit Nakkerd Hill, home to the giant Big Buddha, to enjoy the exceptional views. Explore Wat Chalong Monastery and visit a traditional cashew nut factory. Admire the architecture of an old Chinese Temple and Chinese mansion in Phuket town and get to know more about Phuket's history.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a relaxing day in Phuket, soaking up the laid-back atmosphere, enjoying the warm waters, and getting to know the local sights. We recommend an optional day trip to Phang Nga* Overnight stay in Phuket.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to relax, walk and for the more adventurous, maybe have a go at some water sports. We recommend an optional full-day excursion to iconic Phi Phi Island.* Overnight stay in Phuket.
* Optional Full-Day Phi Phi Islands By Speed Boat: The fabulous Phi Phi Islands are a must-see paradise archipelago. Visit the most famous places around the islands such as Viking Cave and Tonsay Bay and enjoy swimming and snorkelling in the crystal clear waters. Lunch on Bamboo Island included. **
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a return flight** to the US. Arrive in the US and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
17 days trip including flights*
15 days and 14 nights in destination
NYC - TYO
NYC - TYO
NYC - TYO
HKT - NYC
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Agora Place Asakusa, The B Akasaka Mitsuke, Hotel Keihan Asakusa, Hotel Wing International Shinjuku, The B Asakusa, Via inn Shinjuku.
Drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
A number of Japanese cities impose an accommodation tax, which must be paid directly to the hotel.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** Non-smoking rooms: unfortunately, hotels in Japan have a reduced number of non-smoking rooms and we can not guarantee you will be allocated one advance.
Please note: double beds in Japanese hotels are not always the standard European size and can sometimes be less wide.
*** You can upgrade your trip from Tokyo to Kyoto by booking the amazing bullet train Nozomi to Kyoto in the next step of the reservation process.
Tokyo Airport arrival transfer and Departure transfer from Osaka to Osaka Airport are optional and can be purchased in the next step of the booking process.
Transfers to and from the airport in Phuket are unescorted (without a guide).
You will have the option to purchase a Japanese SIM card for your trip in the next step of the booking process.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to June 30 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.