Architecture, Romance and Renaissance
Italy in 11 Days • 9 Nights in Destination
Our classic tour of Italy's most iconic cities independently by train, from the legendary Colosseum in Rome to the Renaissance heritage of Florence, the idyllic towns of Tuscany and the romantic canals of Venice.
Travel to Italy to indulge in a country full of rich history, culture and gastronomy. Land in Rome and explore its cultural delights, such as the Colosseum, before heading to Florence to discover its hidden treasures and Renaissance heritage. Go wine-tasting in the Tuscan countryside and explore the romantic canals and atmospheric streets of Venice.
11 days trip including flights*
10 days and 9 nights in destination
YTO - FCO
YTO - FCO
VCE - YTO
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Pack your bags and head to your departure airport, ready for a flight* to the eternal city of Rome. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Rome, the Italian capital, and transfer to the hotel. Depending on your arrival time, the remainder of the day is free to begin exploring this romantic, historic city. The evening is the most magical time of day in Rome when the streets take on an even more charming character. Overnight stay in Rome.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a guided visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, three of the main archaeological sites of the Eternal City. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiatorial fights in the Colosseum, and appreciate the preserved corners of ancient Rome in the Forum and the Palatine Hill. We recommend the optional Piazzas and Fountains of Rome excursion.* The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the historic streets of Rome and dine on delicious Italian cuisine!** Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Piazzas & Fountains of Rome Excursion: Take a pleasant walk through the artistic heart of Rome to visit its most symbolic piazzas and fountains! Visit Piazza Navona, the most elegant of all Rome squares and home to Bernini's Four Rivers Fountain. See the Church of San Luigi, the incredible Pantheon and the legendary Trevi Fountain, an icon of the city. Finally, pay a visit to the famous Spanish Steps at Piazza di Spagna, the most photogenic spot in the city!
** Optional Authentic Italian meal at a restaurant in Campo Di Fiori: Enjoy an evening of authentic Italian cuisine in beautiful Campo Di Fiori Square, nestled in the heart of historic Rome. Soak up the atmosphere as you indulge in Italian dishes at a local restaurant.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a day at your leisure in Rome. Perhaps visit the Vatican, trace the footsteps of the greats in the ancient streets of the old city or simply indulge in some delicious Italian ice cream. However you choose to spend your day, Rome is sure to delight you with its old-world charm and unbeatable sights. We suggest taking the optional Guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel*. Overnight stay in Rome.
* Optional Skip-the-line Guided Tour of Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel: Explore the priceless treasures held within the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel! Visit the Pio Clementino Hall, Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere, Maps Gallery, Candelabra Gallery, Tapestries Gallery and the incredible Sistine Chapel. Afterwards, discover the incredible St. Peter’s Basilica and the atmospheric St. Peter’s Square, dominated by Michelangelo’s imposing Cupola!
Please note: Optional tour available Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays only.
Why not upgrade your trip with our Must see`s of Italy package of 2 excursions, available in the next step of the booking process!
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, meet your transfer and head to the train station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Florence. Arrive in Florence, the heart of the Italian Renaissance, and self-transfer* to the hotel. Rest of the day at your leisure to explore the city and keep enjoying the Italian cuisine in this gourmet paradise. Overnight stay in Florence.
* The hotel in Florence is located just a few minutes walk from the train station, however, it is possible to add a private transfer for an additional cost in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today head to the Historic Centre of Florence for a guided walking tour of Florence and discover the hidden secrets of the Tuscan capital. Start discovering Piazza Repubblica, one of the fanciest of the city, before heading to Loggia del Mercato Nuovo, a building where a local market takes place. Keep exploring the streets of Florence before arriving at the beautiful and well-known Ponte Vecchio, the most iconic bridge in the city and one of its main symbols. You will then walk through the Piazza della Signoria, the heart of Medieval Florence with the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. End the tour admiring Piazza San Giovanni, home to the impressive Florence Cathedral, with its iconic Brunelleschi cupola and the famous Giotto Belltower. Rest of the day at your leisure to continue exploring the captivating sights of Florence. Overnight stay in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off on a full-day excursion to the most beautiful and historic towns and cities in Tuscany! Begin at the medieval hilltop town of Monteriggioni, known for its rustic streets and Renaissance-era atmosphere, before continuing to beautiful Siena, home to splendid Gothic architecture. Take a guided tour of the Piazza del Campo and Piazza del Duomo, to admire the imposing cathedral. Afterwards, enjoy some free time to explore at your leisure before continuing to San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you can take some time for independent sightseeing and pay a visit to Gelateria Dondoli to taste authentic Italian gelato (own expense). Next, head to the rolling hills of the Chianti region to visit a wine estate. Enjoy a tasting session of high-quality wines, local snacks and fresh olive oils for an indulgent taste of authentic Tuscany! Return to Florence and take the evening to enjoy the city at your leisure. Overnight stay in Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day at your leisure to enjoy your last day in the city. Florence's historical centre is considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site, so why not take a stroll on your own to discover its hidden treasures. Overnight stay in Florence.
* Optional Half-Day Tour to Pisa & The Leaning Tower: No trip to Italy is complete without a photo at the iconic leaning tower, so don't miss your chance to take a day trip to Pisa! Enjoy a guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments and visit the spectacular Pisa Cathedral before spending time at the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa, learning all about the history of this University city along the way.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, self-transfer* to the station to catch the Frecciarossa high-speed train to Venice (Mestre Station). Arrive in the romantic city of Venice, self-transfer* to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Built across more than 100 small islands, Venice is a pleasure to explore on foot as you get lost in the labyrinthine streets, stumbling across hidden cafes and cultural gems along the way. Get out and discover the plentiful delights on this eternal city, such as the immense Piazza San Marco, and perhaps enjoy a peaceful gondola ride through the atmospheric canals. Overnight stay in Venice Mestre.
* The hotels in Florence and Venice are located just a few minutes walk from the train stations, however, it is possible to add a private transfer for an additional cost in the next step of the booking process.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a guided walking tour through Venice, through the fascinating streets and across the canals; a crossroads of culture where East meets West. Admire the Basilica and Piazza of San Marco next to Gothic-style Doge's Palace, the Campanile and the Clock Tower stand. Soak up the lively atmosphere of the Campo, a bustling square next to the Church of Santa Maria. Continue to marvel at the grand Basilica of San Giovanni e Paolo, uncover legendary tales of Marco Polo and finally return to St. Mark’s Square by strolling through the main Venetian shopping street, the Mercerie, and immerse yourself in the historic buzz of the city. The rest of the day is at your leisure to continue discovering this unique city at your own pace. Overnight stay in Venice Mestre.
*Optional Gondola Ride Experience: One of the most famous characteristics of Venice is its historic gondolas and now you can be a part of this legacy yourself! Experience an unforgettable 35-minute gondola ride through the charming waterways of Venice including the iconic Grand Canal. The quintessential Venetian experience! Note: Please note that it is a shared gondola (up to five people for each one) so you might have to share it with other people.
Why not upgrade your trip with our Must see`s of Italy package of 2 excursions, available in the next step of the booking process!
Breakfast* at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer by car from Venice Mestre to the airport for your return flight back to Canada. Arrive in Canada and end your trip.
* Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
** Depending on the return flight schedule, you may arrive in Canada the next day and the total duration of the trip would be 12 days.
Accommodation: 9 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Best Western Hotel Artdeco, Bettoja Hotel Massimo d'Azeglio, Hotel Gambrinus, Hotel Quirinale, Hotel Romanico Palace, Hotel Trevi Collection, Mediterraneo Hotel Roma, UNAWAY Hotel Empire Roma.
Walking Tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
Take a guided walking tour of three of the main archaeological sites in Rome. Learn about the history of this empire, from its birth to the gladiator fights of the Colosseum and appreciate the relics of ancient Rome at the Forum and Palatine Hill.
What's included: Skip-the-line entrance tickets: Colosseum - Palatine Hill - Roman Forum, Authorized guide and headphones Not included: Hotel pick up and drop off
Guided Walking Tour of Florence
Discover the highlights of Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance, on a guided walking tour. Highlights include the historic Ponte Vecchio bridge, Piazza della Signoria, Piazza San Giovanni, the iconic Florence Cathedral and the Giotto Belltower.
What's included: Walking tour in Florence with professional guide Not included: Hotel pick up and drop off. Food and beverages.
Full-Day Charming Tuscany & Wine-Tasting Excursion
A full-day excursion to the most beautiful cities and towns in Tuscany. Visit rustic Monteriggioni, captivating Siena and explore San Gimignano. Afterwards, head into the Chianti region to visit a wine estate and enjoy wine tasting with local snacks and o
What's included: Round trip journey in a GT Coach, expert multilingual escort, Siena tour with professional guide, Visit to a rustic wine estate in the Chianti region with wine and olive oil tasting and regional snacks. Not included: Hotel pick up and drop off. Meals, drinks and any other service not mentioned.
Guided Walking Tour of Venice
Take a guided walking tour through Venice to learn about the culture and artistic heritage of the city. Stroll through the city, taste a traditional spritz (own expense) at a local tavern, visit the iconic Rialto Bridge and cruise on the Giudecca Canal!
What's included: Walking tour in Venice with professional guide Not included: Hotel pick up and drop off, entrance fees.
Piazzas & Fountains of Rome Excursion
Discover the most symbolic piazzas and fountains in Rome! Visit Piazza Navona, home to Bernini's Four Rivers Fountain and see the Pantheon and the legendary Trevi Fountain. Finally, pay a visit to the famous Spanish Steps at Piazza di Spagna.
What's included: Professional licensed guide and headsets. Not included: Pick up and return to the hotel.
Authentic Italian meal at a restaurant in Campo Di Fiori in Rome
Enjoy an evening of authentic Italian cuisine in beautiful Campo Di Fiori Square, nestled in the heart of historic Rome. Soak up the atmosphere as you indulge in Italian dishes at a local restaurant.
Skip-the-line Guided Tour of Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel
Explore the treasures held within the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel! Visit Pio Clementino Hall, Candelabra Gallery, Tapestries Gallery and the incredible Sistine Chapel, among other sights. Also discover St. Peter’s Basilica and St. Peter's Square.
What's included: Skip the line entrance tickets, professional guide, headsets, pick-up service from centrally located hotels. Not included: Drop off at hotels. Pick up from hotels outside city center, in this case the meeting point will be Via Santamaura, 28
Pack of 2 Excursions: Must-sees of Italy
Make the most of your time in Italy with this pack of two unmissable experiences: a Skip-the-line guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel and a gondola ride in Venice
What's included: Skip-the-line guided tour of Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel & Gondola ride experience in Venice
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Rome, Venice - US.
- Domestic high-speed train in standard class: Rome - Florence - Venice Mestre.
- 9 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 9 breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles as indicated in the itinerary.**more information
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Wine tasting in Chianti wine region
- Guided walking tours in Florence and Venice. Full-day excursion to Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni & Chianti.*more information
- Guided visit to the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill.
*The cancellation policy applicable is according to the Terms and Conditions available and agreed at the time of your purchase
Tax*, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included. Pick up and drop off from hotels for the included tours.
* Accommodation tax in Italy must be paid directly to the hotel (Approx. 6 € per person per night).
** Transfers from Florence station - hotel, hotel - Florence station and Venice Mestre station - hotel are not included. Distances are short and the hotels are located within a few minutes walk from the train stations, however, they can be added for an additional cost in the next step of the booking process.
Please note: this itinerary is an independent tour, not a group tour. It includes accommodation, some activities and some transfers, but you will not be accompanied by a guide throughout the entire trip, nor will you be traveling in a group. As an independent tour, the dates of the excursions may differ based on the availability of the tours. The final date will be available on the voucher uploaded on your Exoticca account prior to departure.
* Meeting points: the included tours will depart from designated meeting points. The location of the meeting points will be included in your trip details. Transfers to the meeting points are not included.
Important: please bear in mind that the accommodation included in Venice is located in Venice Mestre, which is situated outside the island, approximately 15 minutes away by train, bus or Taxi.
- Entry requirementsValid passport required.
- VisaNo visa is required to enter the country.
- Electricity220 V. No adapter required.
- HealthThere are no mandatory vaccinations for travellers.
- Time zoneGMT + 01:00.
- Other useful informationItalian cuisine is one of the most prominent in the world. The national dish is pasta.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.italia.it/en/home.html
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 778 807 9750 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
A Taste of Italy...
Exotica provided us with an incredibly memorable, intellectually stimulating, and phenomenally affordable trip through Italy. The excursions offered and the tour guides chosen to lead them were top shelf. I’ve traveled to 82 countries and give Exoticca my strongest endorsement