Peru, Argentina & Brazil in 18 Days
Cities, Falls and Wonders
Explore Lima, the gastronomic capital and sample its iconic ceviche. Uncover the mysteries of the Sacred Valley and the Inca capital of Cuzco before visiting bucket-list worthy Machu Picchu. Discover the elegant neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires in Argentina, fall in love with the landscape of the Iguazu Falls and feel the rhythm of Rio de Janeiro.
18 days trip including flights*
18 days and 16 nights in destination
NYC - LIM
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
Río de Janeiro
RIO - NYC
RIO - NYC
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check in for a flight to Lima. Arrive in Lima, the capital of Peru, situated on the Pacific Coast. Transfer to the hotel, and spend the rest of the day exploring the city's colonial streets and magical plazas at your leisure. Overnight stay in Lima.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent. Start by exploring the districts of Miraflores and San Isidro before heading to the Historic Center. Visit the impressive Convent of Santo Domingo and walk to the Plaza de Armas to admire the exquisite colonial architecture that surrounds it. Stop in the Parque del Amor, from where you can take beautiful photos of the Peruvian coastline. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley, on the way stop at Awanakancha (no guide, only driver) and savour the opportunity to explore this living museum, where ancient customs and traditions have been preserved across the centuries. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the beautiful views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the lively immaculate scenery of this iconic region. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Breakfast at the hotel. An exciting visit to Machu Picchu awaits you this morning as you set off for the train station to board the Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes, admiring the landscape along the way. Arrive and transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu*, a true wonder of the world and one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Spend some time discovering the ruins and being amazed by the terraces and enjoying a tour of the different sections of the site. Return to Sacred Valley. Arrive and overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Note: The baggage policy on board the Expedition train is 1 bag or backpack per person weighing a maximum of max. 5kg / 11lb.
* Backpacks or bags taken into Machu Picchu must not exceed 40x35x20cms or have a capacity larger than 20Lts and must not contain single-use plastic bottles or bags. Backpacks or bags that exceed the indicated measurements can be left in storage for approx. $2 per bag.
Breakfast at the hotel. Set off towards Cuzco, with the opportunity to enjoy the optional Sacred Valley excursion along the way, to experience the best of the region.* Arrive in Cuzco and spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, enjoying the lively plazas at night. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
* Optional Essence of the Sacred Valley Excursion: Visit Chinchero and the PARWA Centre, to appreciate the colourful traditional textiles. Next, visit the church of Chinchero before heading to the Racchi panoramic viewpoint for a fantastic view across the valley. Explore Ollantaytambo and its Inca fortress. Lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco' included granting entrance to the Sacred Valley and surrounding sights.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a fascinating half-day tour of Cuzco. Begin in the iconic Plaza de Armas, and visit the Cathedral. From here, walk to the Koricancha Temple, an impressive ancient Inca palace, in honour of the Sun God. Today, a Dominican church stands on the site. Finally, visit the lively San Blas neighbourhood, known for its artists, shops and artisan workshops. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and sampling the local cuisine. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Lima. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrival in Buenos Aires, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an included tour of the chic city of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul and history, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada where the artist Madonna performed the hit song "Do not cry for me Argentina" in 1996. The tour finishes in the neighbourhood of Palermo, the largest in the city. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the local atmosphere, the architecture of its colonial buildings and the delicious cuisine. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu. Transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day is free. If the arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or rest in this beautiful natural setting. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on this included excursion by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80 metre (262 feet) high sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees. * Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the second in dimension and the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Brazillian side of the Iguazu Falls, one of the world's Seven Natural Wonders. Walk on the well-placed viewing trails and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day free. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day taking an included city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the famous Christ the Redeemer statue. Visit the famous Corcovado mountain, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer is more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic Christ the Redeemer; an immense rock statue built by the sculptor Francés Paul Landowski. Descend from the hills to enjoy a visit to Maracanã and a visit to the Sambódromo, where the Rio Carnival takes place yearly. Also, visit the famous Selaron Steps. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for a great view across the city. * Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
Accommodation: 16 Nights
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Arawi Miraflores Express, Arte Hotel Lima, Casa Andina Standard Benavides, Casa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro, El Tambo Uno, Habitat Hotel, Hotel San Antonio Abad, Ibis Lima Reducto Miraflores, Los Girasoles, Mercure Ariosto Lima, Tambo Dos de Mayo.
Included activity for day 2 in Lima
Duration 03:30h Approx. Pick up time: 09:00 Approx
City Tour of Colonial and Modern Lima
Enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent.
Included activity for day 4 in Machu Picchu
Duration 01:30h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Visit to Machu Picchu by Expedition or Voyager Train
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, a true wonder of the world! Discover these ancient Inca ruins, perched high in the Andes, for a truly unforgettable experience!
Included activity for day 6 in Cuzco
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: 14:00 Approx
Half-Day Cuzco Tour
Begin your tour in the Plaza de Armas and visit the Cathedral, Koricancha Temple and the San Blas Neighborhood.
Included activity for day 9
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Buenos Aires City Tour
Set off on a 3-hour city tour of Buenos Aires today! Visit the glamorous neighborhoods of Recoleta and Palermo and see Plaza de Mayo and Casa Rosada. Visit the Metropolitan Cathedral and explore Puerto Madero, San Telmoa and the La Boca neighborhood.
Not included: Entry to Recoleta Cemetery not included
Suggested activity for day 4
Upgrade: Go and Return 360° train to Aguas Calientes
Upgrade to the 360° train to Aguas Calientes which has an open-air observatory wagon with bar and higher and wider panoramic windows.
Suggested activity for day 5 in Sacred Valley
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 07:00 Approx
The Essence of the Sacred Valley (with lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco')
Full day excursion to the Sacred Valley including Ollantaytambo, PARWA Traditional Textiles Centre and Chinchero. Lunch and BTCP included.
Suggested activity for day 12
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Iguazu Great Adventure Excursion
Begin with a 4x4 ride through the verdant rainforests of Iguazu. Next, ride a Zodiac boat along the Lower Iguazu River, passing through the rapids and before entering the Canyon of the Devil's Throat and viewing the huge San Martín waterfall.
Suggested activity for day 16
Sugar Loaf Mountain Excursion
Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main US airports.
- International flights: US - Lima and Rio de Janeiro - US.
- Internal and International flights: Lima - Cuzco, Cuzco - Lima, Lima - Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires - Iguazu, Iguazu - Rio de Janeiro. *more information
- Train Journey from Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes on board the Voyager Train. **more information
- 16 nights accommodation in Charm and Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 16 Breakfasts.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary with English speaking guide. ***more informationSee itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
Tourist City Tax. National Park Entrance Fees - approximately $35, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
*** The optional excursion to Palccoyo operates from April to December on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Outside of these dates you will visit the Mountain of Seven Colors in Vinicuna instead. And it does not operate between January and March.
You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book throught Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
We strongly recommend you consult your GP regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness.
IMPORTANT: Check with your doctor's recommendation for vaccines to travel to Brazil.
Warning: Please note that when filling out the Health Form required to enter Peru, in the Nationality section, you must write EEUU (instead of USA), in order to generate a valid form.
- Entry requirementsPassport with at least six months validity. One page required for stamp.
- VisaFree visa on arrival.
- CurrencyPeruvian Sol.
- Electricity220V, 60 Hz. U.S. style plug. Check the voltage.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding the vaccination against yellow fever and malaria prophylaxis. Travellers over 60 years must consult their doctor as the Yellow Fever vaccine can have serious side effects.
- Time zoneUTC - 05:00.
- Tourist Office websitehttps://www.peru.travel/en-us/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
If you have reduced mobility/require the use of a wheelchair and prefer to go at your own pace, please contact our customer service team at +1 888-488-0592 or via our contact form.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveler at a time
Argentina & Brazil 2022
After waiting through the pandemic Exoticca re-delivered this trip as specified. Well planned and laid out documents, assistance through the Covid regulations made simple. Local guides supported us from start to finish in our language. Particular mention to Gus in Iguazu and Anderson in Rio.