Indonesia in 20 Days
Exotic Islands & Enchanting Archipelagos
Enjoy an island-hopping experience in Indonesia! Discover the capital of Jakarta and the charms of Yogyakarta on the island of Java. Fall in love with Ubud and the idyllic beaches of Seminyak and Benoa in Bali. Kick back on the tropical beaches of Senggigi on Lombok and discover the tranquil paradise of Gili Trawangan before searching for Komodo Dragons from Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores.
20 days trip including flights*
18 days and 17 nights in destination
LON - CGK
LON - CGK
DPS - LON
DPS - LON
* It may change depending of your departure city, departure date and arrival date.
The calendar does not display internal flights, trains or other transportation included in the itinerary.
Ready to go island-hopping through the tropical archipelagos of Indonesia? Arrive at your departure airport to catch a flight to Jakarta. Night on board.*
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia located on the island of Java. Meet your driver in the airport arrivals hall and transfer to the hotel. Get settled before enjoying the remainder of the day exploring this enormous metropolis at your leisure. Jakarta is known for its historic mix of cultures such as Javanese, Malay, Chinese, Arabic, Indian and European which have influenced the city's architecture, language and cuisine. Overnight stay in Jakarta.
Breakfast at the hotel. Begin the day with a fascinating half-day tour of Jakarta. Get to know the city and explore its most emblematic sights such as the Old Port of Sunda Kelapa, the historic district of Batavia, and make a photo stop National Monument, a 132 meters high column towering over Merdeka Square. Explore Chinatown and admire the typical old Chinese architecture and visit the National Museum, home to an enormous collection of more than 100,000 cultural objects, showcasing the diversity of Indonesia's various ethnic groups. The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to explore Jakarta at your leisure. There are unlimited things to do in Jakarta, from sightseeing to shopping, cultural activities and indulging in the melting pot foodie scene. Overnight stay in Jakarta.
Please note: On Sundays's the main street in Jakarta is car-free between 06.00 - 13.00 and on Monday all museums are CLOSED.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, transfer back to the airport to catch a flight to your next destination, the beautiful city of Yogyakarta. Upon arrival, meet your driver at the airport exit and transfer to the hotel. Here you can take some time to rest and get settled. Yogyakarta is known for its traditional arts and cultural heritage and has a very different atmosphere from the hustle and bustle of Jakarta. Spend the remainder of the day exploring this charming city at your leisure. Alternatively, we recommend an optional temple tour or an interesting 'Yogyakarta by night' excursion.* Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
* Optional Prambanan Temple Tour: Visit the Prambanan Temple site. The main site here is called 'Loro Jonggrang', considered Java’s most elegant and awe-inspiring. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia, and one of the biggest in Southeast Asia, the Prambanan temple site is an unmissable stop whilst visiting Yogyakarta.
* Optional Jogjakarta by Night with Ramayana Show: Take a tour of lively Malioboro Street on foot. This is the best way to take in the sights and night-stalls which line the streets. Next, take a horse cart ride to the Ramayana Ballet and enjoy a traditional performance. This cultural performance combines the diversity of Javanese art in forms of dance and drama.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, enjoy a Yogyakarta city tour. Visit the iconic ‘Keraton’, the Sultan’s Palace which is an oasis of tranquillity and beauty. (Keraton is closed on Mondays). Continue the tour with a visit to the enchanting Water Castle, home to beautiful swimming pools and pavilions. Explore the Museum Sonobudoyo, and be immersed in local culture at an authentic batik factory. Next, visit the world-famous Borobudur Temple, located just 40 kilometers northwest of the city. This awe-inspiring architectural wonder is one of the most impressive Buddhist temples in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After exploring the temple, make a stop for lunch (at your own expense) in a local restaurant, before returning to Yogyakarta. In the afternoon, enjoy the city at your leisure or take an optional village tour.* Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
* Optional Morning Cycling Tour: Starting from the Kali Opak Bridge, a guide will take you around Prambanan to see beautiful rice fields, plantations and to visit a village and a tobacco factory. Also explore the charming Plaosan temple, which is a mix of Buddhist and Hindu architecture, surrounded by paddy fields.
* Optional Candirejo village tour by 'Andong' Horse Cart: Enjoy a 30-minute tour to the village of Candirejo by 'Andong', a traditional horse cart. Ride through this peaceful and architecturally charming village and watch the daily village activities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Leave the island of Java and Yogyakarta behind today as you transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Denpasar on the idyllic island of Bali. After a short flight, touch down in Denpasar and receive a warm welcome from your driver as they meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel in the beautiful town of Ubud. Ubud is a city of rich traditional culture, rice paddies, Balinese arts and idyllic rainforests. Spend the remainder of the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure. Why not indulge in a Balinese massage to unwind after your journey or check out the local art galleries? Overnight stay in Ubud.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today enjoy a full-day excursion around Bali. Be picked up at the hotel and begin your journey through the beautiful Balinese countryside. The first stop is in the stone carver village of Batu Bulan to see the colorful and exciting Dance of Barong & Kris. After the performance, visit the artisan village of Mas to see the artists making their designs. The carvers use many varieties of wood to create intricate works of art! Visit the 'elephant cave', known locally as Goa Gajah. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, wonder at the detailed sculptures of mythological creatures carved into the cave entrance. The next stop is at Kintamani to enjoy the spectacular views of Mount Batur, with its black lava ribbons descending from the sacred crater to the valley, where Lake Batur sits serene and bright with the mountains as a backdrop. End your day of discovery back in Ubud to take a stroll through the neighborhood of Celuk, renowned for its skilled silversmiths. Return to the hotel and enjoy the evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in Ubud.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a relaxing day to unwind at your leisure. Why not explore the local markets to stock up on unique handicrafts, visit the local museums and galleries or simply enjoy the facilities of your hotel. We recommend an optional river rafting or mountain biking excursion if you are feeling adventurous!* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Ayung River Rafting Excursion: Take a 2-hour rafting adventure on the Ayung River! An unforgettable journey through the tropical rainforest past beautiful waterfalls. Lunch included.
* Optional Mountain Biking Excursion: From the mountainside, ride along quiet roads past various villages. Enjoy an immersive experience as you observe traditional Balinese life and journey through beautiful natural landscapes.
Please note: You are free to choose both of these excursions to enjoy an action-packed day!
Following breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Padang Bai Harbor to catch the fast boat to the island of Lombok, a journey of around 2 hours. Disembark and meet your driver who will transfer you to the beautiful resort town of Senggigi where you can get settled at the hotel. Situated in the west of the island, Senggigi is home to idyllic beaches and plenty of restaurants and bars where you can sit and watch the sunset over the island of Bali across the sea in the distance. The remainder of the day is free to explore as you wish. Overnight stay in Senggigi.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in Senggigi. Get out and explore the tropical landscapes of Lombok or simply unwind on the beach. We recommend getting to know the local culture with a Sasak Experience excursion or discover the sights of Mataram, the island capital, on a city tour!* Overnight stay in Senggigi.
* Optional Mataram City Tour: Visit the capital city of Mataram to explore its impressive Mayura Water Palace, dating back to the 18th-century. Experience local life at the main market before heading to the beautiful Taman Narmada Gardens, famed for its youth-giving spring waters. End the tour at Lingsar Temple, a temple of unity for both Muslims and Hindus.
* Optional Sasak Experience Excursion: Uncover Sasak culture as you head to the villages of Banyumulek and Setanggor, where you'll be welcomed with a traditional performance of Sasak music and dance by an authentic Gendang Beleq band. The locals will show you their cassava garden before welcoming you to join them for a delicious Sasak lunch in the middle of a verdant rice field. The tour ends with a visit to the beautiful beaches of southern Lombok.
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out of the hotel and transfer to Teluk Kode Port to catch a fast boat to Gili Trawangan. After a short journey, disembark on the paradise shores of the most famous Gili island. With no cars or motorbikes, this idyllic isle is a haven of tranquillity! Transfer to the hotel and enjoy the remainder of the day relaxing at your leisure. Overnight stay in Gili Trawangan.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day exploring or relaxing at your leisure. The Gili Islands are three small coral islets, nestled in the Bali Sea, just off the coast of Lombok. Gili Trawangan is the largest and the most popular thanks to its idyllic natural beauty, powder-soft white sand and lively beach bars. A hotspot for snorkelling, scuba-diving and sun-worshipping alike, Gili T, as its affectionately known, exudes laid back charm. We recommend an optional snorkeling excursion to uncover the abundant underwater world of the Gili Islands!* Overnight stay in Gili Trawangan.
* Optional 3 Gili Snorkeling Excursion: Discover the natural beauty of the underwater world of all three Gili islands on a boat trip around Trawangan, Meno and Air. Snorkeling equipment is provided so you can experience the rich marine line and coral reefs that lay beneath the surface of the warm, crystal-clear Bali Sea! There will also be plenty of time to explore and relax as you wish.
Breakfast at the hotel. Your Indonesian island-hopping adventure continues today as you catch the fast boat back to Bali, a journey of around 2.5 hours. Disembark and meet your driver before transferring to the south of the island and to the idyllic resort town of Seminyak. Home to many high-end hotels, spas and upmarket eateries, Seminyak is famed for its unforgettable sunsets. Get settled at the hotel and enjoy the evening at your leisure. Why not head to a beach bar to watch the sun go down? Overnight stay in Seminyak.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure to explore or relax as you wish. Why not treat yourself to an indulgent Balinese massage, go shopping at the local markets or simply unwind at the beach. Seminyak is also known for its brilliant surfing and watersports, so why not give these a try if you're feeling more energetic! Overnight stay in Seminyak.
Breakfast at the hotel. After a few days of beach-side bliss, it's time to discover the rich wildlife of Indonesia as you are picked up from the hotel and transferred to Ngurah Rai International Airport for a flight to Labuan Bajo, on the island of Flores. After a short flight, arrive in Labuan Bajo and transfer to the hotel. Labuan Bajo, situated on the west coast, is a popular jumping-off point for adventures into the Komodo National Park and for diving excursions. Enjoy the remainder of the day at your leisure, ready to explore mythical Komodo Island tomorrow morning! Overnight stay in Labuan Bajo.
Pick up a breakfast box from the hotel.* Depart before sunrise, at around 5:45 a.m. and transfer to the pier to catch a speedboat to Padar Island. Begin the day with a hike to the highest point of the island where you can enjoy spectacular views across the landscape and the surrounding islands at daybreak. Afterwards, continue by boat to Komodo Island, home to the legendary Komodo Dragon! The largest existing lizard species on earth, growing to a maximum length of 3-metres, the legendary Komodo Dragon is an incredible sight. Trek through the landscapes as you spot these amazing creatures in their natural habitat. Next, sail to Pink Beach, where you can relax or snorkel along the shoreline and enjoy a packed lunch. The next stop is the secluded island of Kanawa, surrounded by an untouched coral reef, home to turtles and tropical fish species! Spend some time here, snorkeling or relaxing at your leisure before crossing the water back to Labuan Bajo. Transfer back to the hotel and spend the evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in Labuan Bajo.
* Please request a breakfast box at the hotel reception the night before.
Please note: Some of the harbors and piers used on this boat trip may be quite remote and simple so don't hesitate to ask the boat crew to help you get on and off the boat if you require assistance.
Breakfast at the hotel. It's time to return to Bali this morning. Transfer to the airport for a short flight back to Bali and transfer to your hotel in the laid-back resort town of Benoa. Benoa is a peninsula on the southeast coast of the island. The Benoa peninsula extends for around 4 kilometres from Nusa Dua to Benoa fishing village in the north. With white-sand beaches and an array of beachfront resorts, Benoa is the perfect destination for a tranquil escape! Spend the remainder of the day relaxing and exploring at your own pace. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy the day at your leisure. We recommend visiting the spectacular Uluwatu Temple, one of the most emblematic monuments of Bali, located on top of a cliff surrounded by coastal forest. It is an unmissable experience to contemplate the beautiful sunset over the Indian Ocean from this viewpoint. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, basking in the Balinese sunshine or exploring at your own pace. For a spot of sightseeing, why not visit the local Caow Eng Bio Chinese Temple and Pura Dalem Ning Lan Taman Beji, a beautiful example of traditional Balinese architecture. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Sadly, it's time to end your unforgettable Indonesian adventure! At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for your return flight back to the UK/Ireland.
** Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Akmani Hotel, Hotel Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada.
Included activity for day 3 in Jakarta
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
City Tour of Jakarta
Get to know the city and explore its sights such as the Old Port of Sunda Kelapa, Batavia, and make a photo stop National Museum. Explore Glodok Chinatown, and admire the typical old Chinese architecture, tiny alleys and charming Vihara temple.
Included activity for day 5 in Yogyakarta
Duration 09:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
City Tour of Yogyakarta & Borobudur Tour
Take a city tour of Yogyakarta to visit the Sultan’s Palace, the enchanting Water Castle and the Museum of Sonobudoyo. Explore a local batik factory before heading to the world-famous Temple of Borobudur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Included activity for day 7 in Ubud
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Island Tour from Ubud
Royal Temple of Mengwi, Belimbing Village, stop at Divine Mekori Temple in Silent Forest of Belimbing
Included activity for day 16
Duration 08:00h Approx. Pick up time: 08:00 Approx
Boat trip to Komodo Island, Padar Island & Kanawa Island
A full-day excursion to three enchanting islands! Take a speedboat from Labuan Bajo to Padar Island for a hike to the highest point, explore Komodo Island in search for Komodo Dragons and go snorkeling at Pink Beach before visiting secluded Kanawa!
If you have reduced mobility you can request assistance for these activities by speaking to one of our experts
Suggested activity for day 4 in Yogyakarta
Duration 03:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Prambanan Temple Tour
Visit the Prambanan Temple site. The main site here called 'Loro Jonggrang', is considered Java’s most elegant and awe-inspiring.
Suggested activity for day 4 in Yogyakarta
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: 18:00 Approx
Yogyakarta by night & Ramayana show
Take a tour of lively Malioboro Street on foot. This is the best way to take in the sights and night-stalls which line the streets. Next, take a horse cart ride to the Ramayana Ballet and enjoy a traditional performance.
Suggested activity for day 5 in Yogyakarta
Duration 04:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Morning Cycling Tour
Starting from the Kali Opak Bridge, a guide will take you around Prambanan to see beautiful rice fields, plantations and to visit a village and a tobacco factory. Also explore the charming Plaosan temple.
Suggested activity for day 5 in Yogyakarta
Duration 02:00h Approx. Pick up time: info at destination
Candirejo village tour by Andong (horse cart)
Candirejo village tour by Andong (horse cart). Enjoy a 30-minute tour to the village of Candirejo by 'Andong', a traditional horse cart. Ride through this peaceful and architecturally charming village.
The price includes
- Included in all our trips. more information
- Departures from main UK / Ireland airports.
- International flights: UK / Ireland - Jakarta, Bali - UK / Ireland.
- Domestic flights: Jakarta - Yogyakarta - Bali - Labuan Bajo - Bali. *more information
- 18 nights accommodation in Superior category hotels.See hotels included
- 18 breakfasts & 1 lunch.
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Visits and entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.See itinerary
- All air taxes and fuel surcharge.
- Full-day boat trip to Komodo Island, Padar Island & Kanawa Island from Labuan Bajo.
- Snorkeling equipment provided during Komodo Island day trip.
- Barong Dance Show.
- ATOL Protection
- English-speaking guide.
Entrance, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
IMPORTANT: The luggage weight restrictions for internal flights is 15 kg.
- Entry requirementsPassport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of entry into the country.
- VisaFree visa for British nationals for stays of up to 30 days.
- CurrencyIndonesian Rupiah.
- ElectricityGenerally 220 V, 110V in some areas. An adapter is recommended.
- HealthPlease consult your doctor regarding malaria prophylaxis.
- Time zoneUTC + 07:00 to UTC + 09:00.
- Other useful informationIndonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world.
- Tourist Office websitehttp://www.indonesia.travel/
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple will be one Double Room with extra folding, rollaway, sofa bed or take out bed.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
Exoticca Travel Stories
Creating unforgettable memories, one traveller at a time
The holiday was amazing
We really enjoyed all of the tours and appreciated not being in a big group. The local knowledge of the tour guides were excellent.