Arrive in Lima, uncover the mysteries of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, and visit the Inca capital: Cuzco. Discover the elegant neighbourhoods of Buenos Aires in Argentina, admire the well-known Perito Moreno glacier in el Clafate, fall in love with the Iguazu Falls and feel the rhythm of Rio de Janeiro.
Arrive at your US departure airport ready to check in for a flight to Lima. Arrive in Lima, the capital of Peru, situated on the Pacific Coast. Transfer to the hotel, and spend the rest of the day exploring the city's colonial streets and magical plazas at your leisure. Overnight stay in Lima.
If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an informative and interesting city tour of Lima, including its Historic Centre and the Santo Domingo Convent. Start by exploring the districts of Miraflores and San Isidro before heading to the Historic Center. Visit the impressive Convent of Santo Domingo and walk to the Plaza de Armas to admire the exquisite colonial architecture that surrounds it. Stop in the Parque del Amor, from where you can take beautiful photos of the Peruvian coastline. Overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Cuzco. Arrive in Cuzco, the former Inca capital, and transfer to the Sacred Valley, on the way stop at Awanakancha (no guide, only driver) and savour the opportunity to explore this living museum, where ancient customs and traditions have been preserved across the centuries. Watch local communities creating beautiful handmade textiles and soak up the beautiful views, unchanged by time. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, exploring the lively immaculate scenery of this iconic region. Overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Breakfast at the hotel. An exciting visit to Machu Picchu awaits you this morning as you set off for the train station to board the Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes, admiring the landscape along the way. Arrive and transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu*, a true wonder of the world and one of the New Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Spend some time discovering the ruins and being amazed by the terraces and enjoying a tour of the different sections of the site. Return to Sacred Valley. Arrive and overnight stay in Sacred Valley.
Note: The baggage policy on board the Expedition train is 1 bag or backpack per person weighing a maximum of max. 5kg / 11lb.
* Backpacks or bags taken into Machu Picchu must not exceed 40x35x20cms or have a capacity larger than 20Lts and must not contain single-use plastic bottles or bags. Backpacks or bags that exceed the indicated measurements can be left in storage for approx. $2 per bag.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure in the Sacred Valley, an area in the Andean Highlands famed as the heart of the ancient Inca Empire. We recommend an optional Sacred Valley Excursion to experience the best of the region. * At the indicated time, take the train back to Cuzco. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Cuzco.
* Optional Essence of the Sacred Valley Excursion: Visit Chinchero and the PARWA Centre, to appreciate the colourful traditional textiles. Next, visit the church of Chinchero before heading to the Racchi panoramic viewpoint for a fantastic view across the valley. Explore Ollantaytambo and its Inca fortress. Lunch and 'Boleto Turisitco' included granting entrance to the Sacred Valley and surrounding sights.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, set off on a fascinating half-day tour of Cuzco. Begin in the iconic Plaza de Armas, and visit the Cathedral. From here, walk to the Koricancha Temple, an impressive ancient Inca palace, in honour of the Sun God. Today, a Dominican church stands on the site. Finally, visit the lively San Blas neighbourhood, known for its artists, shops and artisan workshops. Spend the remainder of the day at your leisure, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and sampling the local cuisine. Overnight stay in Cuzco.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Lima. Arrive, transfer to the hotel and overnight stay in Lima.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for a flight to Buenos Aires. Arrival in Buenos Aires, transfer to the hotel and the rest of the day is free for you to explore this sprawling city, full of colonial architecture and vibrant culture. We recommend an optional Argentinian Tango Show & Dinner.* Overnight in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Dinner & Tango Show: Enjoy the traditional dance of Argentina and feast on the delicious local cuisine.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy an included tour of the chic city of Buenos Aires. Visit the most emblematic sites and monuments of the capital, such as the Plaza de Mayo filled with soul and history, the picturesque district of La Boca, the Obelisk representing the symbol of the Argentine capital, or the Casa Rosada where the artist Madonna performed the hit song "Do not cry for me Argentina" in 1996. The tour finishes in the neighbourhood of Palermo, the largest in the city. Rest of the day at your leisure. Overnight in Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. Take advantage of this day to continue to discover the capital and soak up the local atmosphere, the architecture of its colonial buildings and the delicious cuisine. We recomend the optional Half-Day Excursion to the Tiger Delta. * Overnight in Buenos Aires.
* Optional Half-Day Excursion to the Tiger Delta: Discover the landscapes that Buenos Aires offers from the Río de la Plata and visit charming San Isidro, a town of great historical and architectural importance. On the Delta, take a boat and discover what life is like in this area of islands. Admire the amazing houses and mansions located in the ravines on the shore and enjoy views of the Cathedral of San Isidro; the Port of Olivos; the Monumental stadium of River and the University City of Buenos Aires. Return to Buenos Aires.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to El Calafate, a town near the edge of the unique region of Southern Patagonia, and home to the huge Perito Moreno glacier. Spend the day at your leisure exploring the town and sampling the unique cuisine of this other-worldly region. Overnight stay in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart for the Glacier National Park and journey to the amazing Perito Moreno, the most famous glacier in the world. On arrival, enjoy an included tour of the Glacier National Park and view Lake Argentino, Argentina´s biggest freshwater on a Nautical Safari. From here it is possible to contemplate the beauty of Perito Moreno. Stroll along the walkways in front of the glacier to see this spectacular ice mass from different perspectives. Return to El Calafate and enjoy an evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day at your leisure, exploring the surroundings at your own pace or simply relaxing and enjoying the facilities of your hotel. You'll be captivated by the landscapes of this special region. If you want to know more about the glaciers, head to the Glaciarium Patagonian Ice Museum! Overnight stay in El Calafate.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Iguazu. Transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day is free. If the arrival time allows, we suggest enjoying a bike ride through the jungle or rest in this beautiful natural setting. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls on this included excursion by taking the train to the 'Devil's Throat' where a lookout area grants the opportunity to watch the water rush from the river and down an 80 metre (262 feet) high sheer drop. Walk across bridges and enjoy the panoramic views on offer. Hear the roar of water whilst contemplating spectacular views of rainbows, birds, leafy green exotic plants and trees. * Return to the hotel and overnight stay in Iguazu.
* Optional Iguazu Great Adventure: Enter the jungle by the Yacaratiá trail in trucks specially designed for this environment. This 5 km long stretch ends at Puerto Macuco. At its dock, board a boat that sails in the Lower Iguazu River for as long as 6 km, heading towards the waterfalls area, enjoying plentiful rapids. Upon reaching the Tres Mosqueteros Fall, see the falls of both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides crowned by the view of the Garganta del Diablo (Devil’s Throat). Afterwards, the most exciting point comes when facing the incomparable San Martín waterfall, the second in dimension and the hugest any boat may face. If you choose to take the optional, it will replace a part of the included tour on this day.
Please note: You will not be able to take part in the Great Adventure excursion if you have any heart problems, have had any kind of heart surgery or if you have any physical disabilities.
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit the Brazillian side of the Iguazu Falls, one of the world's Seven Natural Wonders. Walk on the well-placed viewing trails and enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of one of the biggest waterfall systems in the world. Overnight in Iguazu.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Transfer to your hotel and the rest of the day free. We recommend a stroll along Rio's famous beaches, Copacabana and Ipanema. Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the day taking an included city tour of wonderful Rio, which includes a trip up to the famous Christ the Redeemer statue. Visit the famous Corcovado mountain, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. Christ Redeemer is more than 2,296 feet in height and dominates the city's skyline. Admire the iconic Christ the Redeemer; an immense rock statue built by the sculptor Francés Paul Landowski. Descend from the hills to enjoy a visit to Maracanã and a visit to the Sambódromo, where the Rio Carnival takes place yearly. Also, visit the famous Selaron Steps. Overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a free day to discover all the wonderful delights that Rio has to offer. We recommend an optional excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain for a great view across the city. * Overnight in Rio de Janeiro.
* Optional Excursion to Sugar Loaf Mountain: Head for the neighbourhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf Mountain. Travel to the top on a cable car and enjoy the spectacular views of Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain. Look down on Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói and be amazed at the sheer beauty and diversity of the Rio skyline.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for the flight back to the US. Night on board.
Arrive in the US and end your trip.
21 days trip including flights*
20 days and 19 nights in destination
NYC - LIM
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
RIO - NYC
RIO - NYC
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Arawi Miraflores Express, Arte Hotel Lima, Ayenda La Paz Apart Hotel, Casa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro, El Tambo, Habitat Hotel, Ibis Larco Miraflores, Ibis Lima Reducto Miraflores, Los Girasoles, Mercure Ariosto Lima, Tambo Dos de Mayo.
Tourist City Tax. National Park Entrance Fees - approximately $35, drinks, tips and anything not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
** You can choose to upgrade to a different train for this journey in the next step of the booking process.
*** The optional excursion to Palccoyo operates from April to December on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Outside of these dates you will visit the Mountain of Seven Colors in Vinicuna instead. And it does not operate between January and March.
You may find a cheaper price at the destination, but it is recommended that you book throught Exoticca to secure your place in advance.
We strongly recommend you consult your GP regarding the possible effects of altitude sickness.
IMPORTANT: Check with your doctor's recommendation for vaccines to travel to Brazil.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category.
The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to June 30 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
Each one of our itineraries are designed to ensure you have the best possible experience in every destination.