Enjoy an island-hopping experience and explore the vibrant landscape of Indonesia, the largest archipelago on the planet. Discover the capital of Jakarta and explore the magnificent temples of Yogyakarta on the island of Java. Fall in love with the bohemian atmosphere of Ubud and the idyllic beaches of Benoa, on the island of Bali.
Arrive at your UK / Ireland departure airport to catch a flight* to Jakarta. Night on board.
* If either your outbound or inbound flights depart in the early hours (before 4:00 a.m.) you must arrive at the airport the night before the indicated departure day.
Arrive in the capital city of Jakarta on the island of Java and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day free to enjoy the area. Jakarta is known for its historic mix of cultures such as Javanese, Malay, Chinese, Arabic, Indian and European which has influenced the city's architecture, language and cuisine. Overnight stay in Jakarta.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a tour of Jakarta. Get to know the city and explore sights such as The Old Port of Sunda Kelapa, Batavia, and make a photo stop National Museum. Explore Glodok Chinatown, the oldest Chinatown in Jakarta, and admire the typical old Chinese architecture, tiny alleys and charming Vihara.* Overnight stay in Jakarta.
* Please note: On Sunday's the main street in Jakarta is car-free between 06.00 - 13.00 and on Monday all museums are CLOSED.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, transfer back to the airport to catch a flight to your next destination, Yogyakarta. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. Yogyakarta is known for its traditional arts and cultural heritage and has a very different atmosphere to the hustle and bustle of Jakarta. Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, enjoy a Yogyakarta city tour. Visit the iconic ‘Keraton’, the Sultan’s Palace which is an oasis of tranquility and beauty. (Keraton is closed on Mondays). Continue the tour with a visit to the enchanting Water Castle, home to beautiful swimming pools and pavilions. Explore the Museum Sonobudoyo, and be immersed in local culture at an impressive batik factory. End the tour with a visit to the world famous Borobudur. This is one of the most impressive Buddhist temples in the world and one of UNESCO’s world heritage sites. In the afternoon, enjoy the city at your leisure or take an optional village tour.* Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
* Optional Candirejo village tour by 'Andong' Horse Cart: Enjoy a 30-minute tour to the village of Candirejo by 'Andong', a traditional horse cart. Ride through this peaceful and architecturally charming village.
Breakfast at the hotel. Take a day at your leisure. We recommend exploring the local markets for a spot of souvenir shopping. Alternatively, take an optional excursion to explore the area further.* Overnight stay in Yogyakarta.
* Optional Morning Cycling Tour: Starting from the Kali Opak Bridge, a guide will take you around Prambanan to see beautiful rice fields, plantations and to visit a village and a tobacco factory. Also explore the charming Plaosan temple, which is a mix of Buddhist and Hindu architecture, surrounded by paddy fields.
* Optional Prambanan Temple Tour: Visit the Prambanan Temple site. The main site here is called 'Loro Jonggrang', considered Java’s most elegant and awe-inspiring. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia, and one of the biggest in Southeast Asia, the Prambanan temple site is an unmissable stop whilst visiting Yogyakarta.
* Optional Jogjakarta by Night with Ramayana Show: Take a tour of lively Malioboro Street on foot. This is the best way to take in the sights and night-stalls which line the streets. Next, take a horse cart ride to the Ramayana Ballet and enjoy a traditional performance. This cultural performance combines the diversity of Javanese art in forms of dance and drama.
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Yogyakarta airport to catch your flight to Ubud, in Bali. Arrive in Ubud, and transfer to the hotel. Soak up the peaceful atmosphere, which Bali is renowned for and enjoy an overnight stay in Ubud.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today enjoy a full day excursion in and around Ubud. The first stop is in the stone carver village of Batu Bulan to see the colourful and exciting Dance of Barong & Kris. After the performance, visit this famous village to see the artists making their designs. The carvers use many varieties of wood. Visit the 'elephant cave' called Goa Gajah. The next stop is at Kintamani to enjoy the spectacular views of Mount Batur, with its black lava ribbons descending from the sacred crater to the valley, where Lake Batur sits serene and bright with the mountains as a backdrop. On the return trip admire the beautiful rice field terraces in Tegallalang. Return to Ubud for an overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, spend the day at your leisure. Why not explore the local markets or indulge in a relaxing Balinese massage. We recommend an optional river rafting excursion if you are feeling adventurous.* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Ayung River Rafting Excursion: Take a rafting adventure on the Ayung River! An unforgettable journey through the tropical rainforest past beautiful waterfalls. Lunch included. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure. We recommend exploring the tranquil rainforests or visiting the local Hindu temples and shrines. Alternatively, we suggest taking an optional mountain biking excursion to enjoy the landscapes from a different perspective.* Overnight stay in Ubud.
* Optional Mountain Biking Excursion: From the mountainside, ride along quiet roads past various villages. Enjoy an impression of traditional Balinese life and the beautiful nature. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Today, enjoy a pleasant ride along the hills of Bali’s southern peninsula. The beautiful-yet-wild beaches are heaven for surfers. In the corner of this peninsula, perched on a sheer cliff, is the highly venerated Uluwatu temple. Enjoy a performance of The Ramayana epic-based Kecak Dance with the majestic temple and sunset as its background. Transfer to Benoa. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a day at your leisure, basking in the Balinese sunshine or exploring at your own pace. We recommend an optional city tour of Denpasar to discover the unique and diverse atmosphere of the city, which fuses traditional Balinese culture and modernity.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Denpasar City Tour: Explore Badung Traditional Market, for a taste of the local culture and delve into the spiritual side of the city at Jagatnatha Temple. Learn more about the island at the fascinating Bali Museum and admire the Bajra Shandi Monument, a monument dedicated to the struggles of the Balinese people throughout history. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day. We recommend visiting the Uluwatu Temple, one of the most emblematic monuments of Bali, located on top of a cliff surrounded by coastal forest. It is an unmissable experience to contemplate the beautiful sunset over the Indian Ocean from this viewpoint. Consider enjoying one of our optional excursions.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Nusa Lembongan Snorkeling Excursion: Set off to Nusa Lembongan around 8:00 a.m. for an exciting day of snorkelling in the warm, abundant waters. Enjoy an included lunch on the boat and discover the rich marine life in the open waters. All snorkelling equipment is provided. (Min. 2 pax)
* Optional Sunset Dinner Cruise: Spend a tropical evening onboard a boat whilst taking in the spectacular sunset and enjoying a refreshing cocktail and international buffet. A live cabaret show on board will keep you entertained as you cruise away the evening. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. A day at your leisure to continue enjoying the idyllic white-sand beaches of Benoa, perfect for a walk along its extensive shoreline and a swim in its crystal clear warm waters. We recommend an optional tour to Besakih and Penglipuran to discover more of the local area.* Overnight stay in Benoa.
* Optional Besakih and Penglipuran Tour: On this day trip, discover the oldest temple in Bali, the Pura Besakih at the foot of Mount Agung. Along the way, visit Kertagosa in Klungkung, dating back to pre-colonial times and the village of Penglipuran, home to an indigenous community. Also, discover the sacred bats of Goa Lawah Cave and the black beaches of Kusamba for a fantastic overview of the must-see sights in the region. Lunch included. (Min. 2 pax)
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to enjoy this haven of peace and tranquility located in the southern region of Bali, famous for its extraordinary beaches and its unique sunsets. Overnight stay in Benoa.
Breakfast at the hotel. At the indicated time, transfer to the airport for your return flight back to the UK / Ireland. Night on board.
Arrive in the UK / Ireland and end your trip.
17 days trip including flights*
15 days and 14 nights in destination
LON - CGK
LON - CGK
DPS - LON
DPS - LON
*In case the advertised hotels are not available they will be replaced by one of these alternative hotels with the same quality: Millennium Sirih.
Entrance, drinks, tips and any other services not mentioned in what's included.
* Documentation of the internal flights will either be available in the "My bookings" section in your "Customer Area" 14 days before your trip or delivered to you on arrival at your destination. It is essential to fill in the passport information correctly for each passenger in the given boxes at the end of the reservations process.
IMPORTANT: The luggage weight restrictions for internal flights is 15 kg.
** Depending on the return flight schedule and the hotel breakfast service, you may not be able to enjoy the included breakfast on the last day.
On March 14th 2021, the Day of Silence or 'Nyepi' is observed in Bali as part of the Hindu New Year celebrations. It is traditionally a day of meditation and therefore, no activities are allowed, everything is closed and it is not permitted to go outside on this special day.
Remember to download your e-ticket to confirm the times of your flights and to complete online check-in using the airline’s website, or directly at the check-in desk at the airport.
Accommodation at the hotels is as indicated. In the event of any changes to accommodation, they will always be of the same, or a higher category. The category of hotels is not standardized across all countries in the world. For this reason, the criteria may differ depending on the destination country's own standards.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, for safety reasons or for any other reasons deemed appropriate, the order and duration of the excursions included in the itinerary may be changed or cancelled without prior notice.
Triple will be one Double Room with extra folding, rollaway, sofa bed or take out bed.
Children: 2 - 11 years.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office offer up-to-date travel advice by visiting www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
Please fill out this form with the information about you and the trip your are planning to do. One of our experts will personally contact you answering all your questions and will offer you the best options according to your needs.
Save when buying your next trip thanks to super discounted prices that we negotiate with airlines and hotels.
For bookings purchased from April 7 2020 to 30 June 2021, enjoy free cancellation policy. No questions asked.
General coverage and bonding insurance included for free to protect against unforseen circumstances and company bankruptcy.